How the Israel-Hamas conflict could disrupt the Paris Olympic Games

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Who told you 85% of buildings in Gaza have been levelled? over 13,000 terrorists killed how does that make at least 20,000 civilians killed?

Maybe you should consider links? I can only assume your figures come from the IDF.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/80-of-world-s-hungriest-people-live-in-gaza-palestine/3156190

As of 5 March 2024, over 31,000 people (30,228 Palestinian[1] and 1,410 Israeli[9]) have been reported as killed in the Israel–Hamas war, including 94 journalists (89 Palestinian, 2 Israeli and 3 Lebanese) and over 136 UNRWA aid workers.[10][11]

Since then, over 30,228 Palestinians (the majority of whom were women and children) in the Gaza Strip have been killed according to the Gaza Health Ministry. The total death toll in Gaza is presumed to be higher than reported,[14][15] with thousands remaining unaccounted for, including those trapped under rubble

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Israel–Hamas_war

Citing Gaza’s health authorities, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) also noted that some 62,681 Palestinians have been injured by Israeli strikes launched in retaliation for Hamas-led massacres in Israel that left some 1,200 dead and around 250 people taken hostage.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/01/1145742

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Maybe you should consider links? I can only assume your figures come from the IDF.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/80-of-world-s-hungriest-people-live-in-gaza-palestine/3156190

As of 5 March 2024, over 31,000 people (30,228 Palestinian[1] and 1,410 Israeli[9]) have been reported as killed in the Israel–Hamas war, including 94 journalists (89 Palestinian, 2 Israeli and 3 Lebanese) and over 136 UNRWA aid workers.[10][11]

Since then, over 30,228 Palestinians (the majority of whom were women and children) in the Gaza Strip have been killed according to the Gaza Health Ministry. The total death toll in Gaza is presumed to be higher than reported,[14][15] with thousands remaining unaccounted for, including those trapped under rubble

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Israel–Hamas_war

Citing Gaza’s health authorities, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) also noted that some 62,681 Palestinians have been injured by Israeli strikes launched in retaliation for Hamas-led massacres in Israel that left some 1,200 dead and around 250 people taken hostage.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2024/01/1145742

You were the one with no links first..............lol and you still have no link for that false claim that 85% of buildings in Gaza have been levelled. Waiting for it.

Yes number of Hamas killed given by Israel, same as the number of Palestinians killed are given by Hamas

Israel has said it killed some 13,000 Hamas members in Gaza fighting

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/20/2024 at 4:29 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh boo hoo. Over 30,000 people blown to bits and some games are more important?

I hope they do get disrupted as it might serve to focus attention on something more important than running fast.

Would you have halted the Olympics if the only war was the Russian invasion of Ukraine?

How about halting the Olympics in 2016 because of the Syrian civil war?

The Winter Olympics in 1994 because of Rwanda?

All Olympics in the early 1990s as Yugoslavia broke apart?

The ancient games because the Spartans were fighting the Persians?

Since humans walked out of Oldavai Gorge there has almost always been a war somewhere. Should all life and any pleasure stop always and forever?

7 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Would you have halted the Olympics if the only war was the Russian invasion of Ukraine?

Ukraine can defend themselves and are helped by the USA. The US are helping  the Israel Genocide of Gazans, HUGE difference.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Ukraine can defend themselves and are helped by the USA. The US are helping  the Israel Genocide of Gazans, HUGE difference.

Hamas invaded Israel and intends to murder all Jews.

Israel is defending itself too.

But I get. You don't think the world's one tiny Jewish state has that right.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Hamas invaded Israel and intends to murder all Jews.

Israel is defending itself too.

But I get. You don't think the world's one tiny Jewish state has that right.

My point was Gaza can't defend itself. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

My point was Gaza can't defend itself. 

Tell that to the families of the Israeli war dead from this war.

Hamas started this war.

The point of war is to win.

Would you complain about too many dead Germans in WW2?

Tell that to the families of the Israeli war dead from this war.

Hamas started this war.

The point of war is to win.

Would you complain about too many dead Germans in WW2?

Firstly, I wouldn't call this a war, how many Israelis have died since Oct 7 and how many Gazans?

It is like the Gazans are locked into their given area and the Israeli army are killing them off 10, 20, 100 at a time. They can't defend themselves and they have nowhere to go, it is a slaughter. 

Surely you don't think the Oct 7th event happened for no reason?

No, the Germans started the war.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Firstly, I wouldn't call this a war, how many Israelis have died since Oct 7 and how many Gazans?

It is like the Gazans are locked into their given area and the Israeli army are killing them off 10, 20, 100 at a time. They can't defend themselves and they have nowhere to go, it is a slaughter. 

Surely you don't think the Oct 7th event happened for no reason?

No, the Germans started the war.

It is a war. You don't call it a war because you hate Israel, you don't think it should have ever existed, and you don't support its right to exist and defend itself. There is no rule of war that one side must be equal to the other in power and suffer the same casualties. Hamas started this war on October 7 -- FACT. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It is a war. You don't call it a war because you hate Israel, you don't think it should have ever existed, and you don't support its right to exist and defend itself. There is no rule of war that one side must be equal to the other in power and suffer the same casualties. Hamas started this war on October 7 -- FACT. 

Cut with the capitals. Your fact is not everyone's facts. You pretend there is n o relevance of events prior to october 7 and refuse to answer any questions about your stance in this regard.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Cut with the capitals. Your fact is not everyone's facts. You pretend there is n o relevance of events prior to october 7 and refuse to answer any questions about your stance in this regard.

Stop lying. It's sleazy. I have said several times that the CONFLICT is very long lasting, but this current WAR did indeed start on October 7, and again that is most definitely a FACT. 

25 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Very stupid of them to attack Israel, knowing that they cannot defend themselves 

Maybe not that stupid if you agree with the theory as I do that their entire plan was to bait Israel into a very aggressive response to win a global propaganda victory.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Maybe not that stupid if you agree with the theory as I do that their entire plan was to bait Israel into a very aggressive response to win a global propaganda victory.

OK, here's your chance. Did the events prior to october 7th cause Hamas to conduct a terrorist attack on that date? I have not seen you answer that question directly with a clear answer.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

On the other hand Israel's objective has always been to make Gaza uninhabitable for Palestinians and the doctor in the SBS video I posted today confirms that is his opinion as well. I note you did not comment on that video.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They are in the process of completely losing their army and military wing , Gaza is in the process of being turned to dust and they may not be able to go back to the land , they have lots lots of support because of their terror attack and the hostage taking .

That's a big price to pay , just to get the Anti -Israelis to be vocal again 

Anti Semites have always been here and always will be , this war just give them something to shout about 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Stop lying. It's sleazy. I have said several times that the CONFLICT is very long lasting, but this current WAR did indeed start on October 7, and again that is most definitely a FACT. 

You should give up, some people are incapable of understanding .

You can say it as many times as you like, it will not be understood 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They are in the process of completely losing their army and military wing , Gaza is in the process of being turned to dust and they may not be able to go back to the land , they have lots lots of support because of their terror attack and the hostage taking .

That's a big price to pay , just to get the Anti -Israelis to be vocal again 

Anti Semites have always been here and always will be , this war just give them something to shout about 

Yes but.

Something else will replace Hamas. 

Shocking percentages of younger Americans think the October 7 attack was justified meaning US support for Israel is on a downward trend.

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

On the other hand Israel's objective has always been to make Gaza uninhabitable for Palestinians and the doctor in the SBS video I posted today confirms that is his opinion as well. I note you did not comment on that video.

I missed it but I'm not obligated to respond to all posts anyway. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

OK, here's your chance. Did the events prior to october 7th cause Hamas to conduct a terrorist attack on that date? I have not seen you answer that question directly with a clear answer.

Troll bait ignored  

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes but.

Something else will replace Hamas. 

Shocking percentages of younger Americans think the October 7 attack was justified meaning US support for Israel is on a downward trend.

Hamas will never be wiped out. Would you sign up to a militia if an invading force killed your family? What's happening now is that the overwhelming majority of able bodied men in Palestine are signing up defend their country. Israel seems content to kill every one of them. When there are no more able bodied men left to fight they might stop. That is genocide and that is what is happening today in Palestine.

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Troll bait ignored  

It isn't a troll question. Do you acknowledge that the events preceding october 7th led up to the events on october 7th. You know the only rational answer is yes but that doesn't suit your narrative.

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It isn't a troll question. Do you acknowledge that the events preceding october 7th led up to the events on october 7th. You know the only rational answer is yes but that doesn't suit your narrative.

There is no excuse whatsoever for the barbaric terrorist attack on October 7. Period.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Hamas will never be wiped out. Would you sign up to a militia if an invading force killed your family? What's happening now is that the overwhelming majority of able bodied men in Palestine are signing up defend their country. Israel seems content to kill every one of them. When there are no more able bodied men left to fight they might stop. That is genocide and that is what is happening today in Palestine.

It isn't genocide. Good branding for Hamas propagandists though.

• Sad 1

There is no excuse whatsoever for the barbaric terrorist attack on October 7. Period.

I never said there was. I said I comprehended (understood if you will) why they did it.

There is no excuse for the actions by Israel which ensued. Period.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I never said there was. I said I comprehended (understood if you will) why they did it.

There is no excuse for the actions by Israel which ensued. Period.

You said they deserved it!