Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

1 minute ago, rattlesnake said:

I don't believe they really think it, they push the narrative which fits their ideology.

Although no one does actually think that any criticism of Israel is anti Sematic .

Some people make undoubtedly Anti Semitic remarks , then make the false claim that they were just being critical of Israel . 

I really don't think you realise you are being anti sematic , or the difference between that and just being critical of Israel .

BTW, why aren't you concerned with the starvation in Yemen ?

Why just Gaza ?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Although no one does actually think that any criticism of Israel is anti Sematic .

Some people make undoubtedly Anti Semitic remarks , then make the false claim that they were just being critical of Israel . 

I really don't think you realise you are being anti sematic , or the difference between that and just being critical of Israel .

BTW, why aren't you concerned with the starvation in Yemen ?

Why just Gaza ?

This topic is about Gaza.

I am concerned about Yemenis, as I was concerned about Syrians, Lybians and many others. Heck I'm even concerned about the people who live in my home town in France, which has been destroyed by the mass importation of third world parasites.

Lots of things to be concerned about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

I am concerned about Yemenis, as I was concerned about Syrians, Lybians and many others. Heck I'm even concerned about the people who live in my home town in France, which has been destroyed by the mass importation of third world parasites.

OK, lets go and discuss the starvation in Yemen in the threads about the topic .

400 000 people killed there 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

third world parasites.

Explain that one for me?

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

It is quite unequivocal who has shameful opinions on this thread, and who's denialism is so deep that they choose to contend the UN is an antisemitic body.

Really? I am quoting and giving evidence of people who know far more than you, the UN themselves, the US, Germany, France, you've not gone to the links have you, that's evident. But I will leave you with this from another who used to work there everyday and knows.

Nikki Haley US ambassador to the UN

I’ve seen antisemitism. I confronted it every day at the United Nations. And I know that the Jew-haters try to hide it by saying they only hate Israel.

https://www.jpost.com/opinion/article-779118

I believe I have looked at – and addressed – all the sources you have posted. Nikki Haley only says what she thinks she needs to say to advance her career. As she isn't very astute, she hasn't understood yet that the tide has turned (even Biden has, so the bar is not high).

As I told you before, your position is intenable.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I believe I have looked at – and addressed – all the sources you have posted. Nikki Haley only says what she thinks she needs to say to advance her career. As she isn't very astute, she hasn't understood yet that the tide has turned (even Biden has, so the bar is not high).

As I told you before, your position is intenable.

I believe I have looked at – and addressed – all the sources you have posted. 

What you believe and what is reality are two entirely things. In the links are exactly want I said.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

third world parasites.

Explain that one for me?

Mass importation of misery from destabilised countries, which produces insecurity and a drastic reduction of quality of life on all metrics. I was in both London and Paris last December and was appalled by what has been done to these once beautiful cities.

Now back on topic.

• Like 1

Just now, rattlesnake said:

Mass importation of misery from destabilised countries, which produces insecurity and a drastic reduction of quality of life on all metrics. I was in both London and Paris last December and was appalled by what has been done to these once beautiful cities.

Now back on topic.

You called them parasites. Disgusting!

15. You will not discriminate or post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You called them parasites. Disgusting!

15. You will not discriminate or post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, nationality

I took my son to McDonald's outside King's Cross station and we couldn't use the toilets as there was a guy shooting heroin in there, shouting in a language I did not understand. Everywhere in the area were beggars, junkies and shifty characters, and that was at 1 pm. I dare not imagine what it is like at night. Yes, they are parasites and if the UK were governed by leaders who cared about their people, they would not be there.

Now back on topic.

• Like 1

Just now, rattlesnake said:

I took my son to McDonald's outside King's Cross station and we couldn't use the toilets as there was a guy shooting heroin in there, shouting in a language I did not understand. Everywhere in the area were beggars, junkies and shifty characters, and that was at 1 pm. I dare not imagine what it is like at night. Yes, they are parasites and if the UK were governed by leaders who cared about their people, they would not be there.

Now back on topic.

I took my son to McDonald's outside King's Cross station and we couldn't use the toilets as there was a guy shooting heroin in there

You deliberately take it off topic to try and justify your racial slurs then demand to take it back on topic. A true flat earther

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I took my son to McDonald's outside King's Cross station and we couldn't use the toilets as there was a guy shooting heroin in there

You deliberately take it off topic to try and justify your racial slurs then demand to take it back on topic. A true flat earther

I answered your question "Explain that one for me?"

If I am a racist I am not a very efficient one considering my wife is Asian and I am Caucasian. I know a parasite when I see one and it has nothing to do with race.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

OK, lets go and discuss the starvation in Yemen in the threads about the topic .

This thread is called Israel is at war. The Daily Mail, probably the most right wing pro-Israel newspaper in the UK (and the most popular news website in the world) shows the horrors unfolding at a Palestinian hospital - those hospitals that Israel have been mercilessly bombing for months. I get it Palestinians lives don't matter, and we are all anti-Semitic. Just say that and we're all straight. Amelek does as Amelek  is. It was stated quite explicitly at the outset. Netanyahu is bringing down the whole house on himself and the state. 

[2] Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. [3] Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Western governments are not supporting and aiding the parties in that conflict which isn't on topic. I'm surprised thread master Brian hasn't popped along to tell you stay on topic !

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

I answered your question "Explain that one for me?"

If I am a racist I am not a very efficient one considering my wife is Asian and I am Caucasian. I know a parasite when I see one and it has nothing to do with race.

Deflection, my highlight of your racial slur

35 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Now back on topic.

They were there in the 80s selling crack in front of the station, if anything the situation is better these days than then. But please stay on topic !

Edited by beautifulthailand99

3 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

The only one making it about race is you and I will not go any further.

I suggest you don't, your posts are clear enough

Edited by Bkk Brian

I hope A.P. are proud of the prize, although I doubt the family of this poor girl murdered and butchered on 7th Oct, then paraded in the back of a pick up truck in Gaza as a prize would agree.

image.png.34f353ae15547b9e87a42ce44f2a5b03.png

https://twitter.com/HonestReporting/status/1771078404781060133

This is how the family prefer to remember her but the biggest photojournalism competition in the world decided to trample on the family's wishes.

image.png.5d4e5191c46af32ca1d035d7385bcc1d.png

https://twitter.com/HenMazzig/status/1773318588775948699

• Love It 1

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I hope A.P. are proud of the prize, although I doubt the family of this poor girl murdered and butchered on 7th Oct, then paraded in the back of a pick up truck in Gaza as a prize would agree.

This is how the family prefer to remember her but the biggest photojournalism competition in the world decided to trample on the family's wishes.

Here are all the photos  - including one's showing Israel suffering and designed to invoke sympathy in the viewer not celebrating the act. They are amazing photos that give an insight into the fractured human condition. Who could forget the poor girl injured by a napalm attack in the Vietnam War, one of the great iconic photos of the 20th Century. Israeli media widely shared that image at the time, did you criticise that at the time ?

https://apnews.com/article/photos-2023-yearend-photography-ap-0a62ee84672da7a03685c5f5f64f2c47

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Here are all the photos  - including one's showing Israel suffering and designed to invoke sympathy in the viewer not celebrating the act. They are amazing photos that give an insight into the fractured human condition. Who could forget the poor girl injured by a napalm attack in the Vietnam War, one of the great iconic photos of the 20th Century. Israeli media widely shared that image at the time, did you criticise that at the time ?

https://apnews.com/article/photos-2023-yearend-photography-ap-0a62ee84672da7a03685c5f5f64f2c47

Tell that to Shani Louk's family. Jeez

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Tell that to Shani Louk's family. Jeez

You didn't answer my question ? And haven't you paused to reflect that the image evokes sympathy in the viewer, not celebration, or are you incapable of universal, unconditional empathy ?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

You didn't answer my question ? And haven't you paused to reflect that the image evokes sympathy in the viewer, not celebration, or are you incapable of universal, unconditional empathy ?

I don't have to answer a question that had nothing to do with my post which referenced the family and I didn't bother looking at the other photos I have no need to.

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't have to answer a question that had nothing to do with my post which referenced the family and I didn't bother looking at the other photos I have no need to.

Every time you see an image or video of the Twin Towers coming down you are watching the violent immolation of 3000 souls with many 10s of thousands of people who lost their loved ones who must find those images too cruel to bear. When 'history' happens to you, your image belongs to history. Sad to say, but true nevertheless. Strange that you pearl clutch over this, but have nothing to say about the thousands of twisted corpses of Palestinians. There is an iconic image of half a child hanging from a fence that has been widely shared on social media. I won't share it here, but it is truly shocking and stands as a bloody testament as to what happens when you drop a megatonnage of high explosive bombs on some of the most crowded places on earth. There are no good guys any more in this war. Just millions that are suffering seemingly without end.

The mission of photojournalism is to capture moments that represent — and, at their best, truly reveal — the endless spectrum of the human experience.

Associated Press photographers across the world have spent 2023 doing exactly that — sometimes at great risk or personal exertion, always with ethics and compassion and quality, and with an eye forever trained toward the memorable.

When those photographers encounter the world, though — from Israel and Gaza to Brazil, from Mongolia to the American heartland and beyond — often they have no idea what they’ll find until it is upon them.

Here is some of what they found in 2023, in all its contradictions: Conflict. Ambition. Anger. Injustice. Striving. Merriment. Poverty. Blood. The quest for excellence, no matter the arena. The human body, in glorious and panicked motion and, too often, sadly stilled. Struggle — to protect loved ones, to navigate a warming planet, to escape strife and oppression, to survive nature’s capriciousness.

Death, life and more death — in all its unwelcome permutations. Bursts of joy in unexpected places. Tears upon tears upon tears. Wars that have just begun, wars that continue, wars already almost forgotten. The gamut of human existence.

Today, in a connected and absurdly complex world, a single year contains far more cataclysmic news than we can ever begin to process. Ways to make sense of it are rare. But using technology to freeze moments — capturing them in unforgettable photography — offers a small chance to pause and say: At this particular hour in our civilization, this is what happened to us.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

Every time you see an image or video of the Twin Towers coming down you are watching the violent immolation of 3000 souls with many 10s of thousands of people who lost their loved ones who must find those images too cruel to bear. When 'history' happens to you, your image belongs to history. Sad to say, but true nevertheless. Strange that you pearl clutch over this, but have nothing to say about the thousands of twisted corpses of Palestinians. There is an iconic image of half a child hanging from a fence that has been widely shared on social media. I won't share it here, but it is truly shocking and stands as a bloody testament as to what happens when you drop a megatonnage of high explosive bombs on some of the most crowded places on earth. There are no good guys any more in this war. Just millions that are suffering seemingly without end.

The mission of photojournalism is to capture moments that represent — and, at their best, truly reveal — the endless spectrum of the human experience.

Associated Press photographers across the world have spent 2023 doing exactly that — sometimes at great risk or personal exertion, always with ethics and compassion and quality, and with an eye forever trained toward the memorable.

When those photographers encounter the world, though — from Israel and Gaza to Brazil, from Mongolia to the American heartland and beyond — often they have no idea what they’ll find until it is upon them.

Here is some of what they found in 2023, in all its contradictions: Conflict. Ambition. Anger. Injustice. Striving. Merriment. Poverty. Blood. The quest for excellence, no matter the arena. The human body, in glorious and panicked motion and, too often, sadly stilled. Struggle — to protect loved ones, to navigate a warming planet, to escape strife and oppression, to survive nature’s capriciousness.

Death, life and more death — in all its unwelcome permutations. Bursts of joy in unexpected places. Tears upon tears upon tears. Wars that have just begun, wars that continue, wars already almost forgotten. The gamut of human existence.

Today, in a connected and absurdly complex world, a single year contains far more cataclysmic news than we can ever begin to process. Ways to make sense of it are rare. But using technology to freeze moments — capturing them in unforgettable photography — offers a small chance to pause and say: At this particular hour in our civilization, this is what happened to us.

Sadly, this is not the first praise of Gaza photojournalists whose unethical behavior on October 7 has been exposed by HonestReporting.

Some of them were honored last December, as The New York Times, Reuters and Associated Press chose to include their October 7 photos in their “Images of The Year” galleries.

Bestowing such honors carries far-reaching ramifications. The photographers and their organizations gain reputational, professional and financial benefits from such recognition.

But should it be on the back of the half-naked, dead body of Shani Louk?

https://honestreporting.com/ap-wins-award-honoring-photojournalists-who-captured-hamas-atrocities-on-oct-7/

Honest Reporting - a pro-Israeli pressure group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HonestReporting

Following a 2004 article published in the British Medical Journal which criticised Israel for a high level of Palestinian civilian casualties and claimed that the pattern of injuries suggested routine targeting of children in situations of minimal or no threat, the journal received over 500 responses to its website and nearly 1,000 sent directly to its editor. In an analysis of the responses published in the journal, Karl Sabbagh concluded that the correspondence was orchestrated by Honest Reporting and aimed at silencing legitimate criticism of Israel. In his analysis Sabbagh pointed to evidence that the correspondents had not read the article. Sabbagh also documented a significant proportion of offensive, abusive and racist insults among the correspondence. An editorial by the BMJ referred to the campaign as bullying and said that the best way to counter such behaviour was to expose it to public scrutiny

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

BTW you have just shared the unedited photo as well. Maybe follow your own advice and respect the family by not sharing the image ? Just a thought.

4 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

BTW you have just shared the unedited photo as well. Maybe follow your own advice and respect the family by not sharing the image ? Just a thought.

Deflection to an award to AFP for this:

“Disgraceful,” “Disgusting,” “Obscene” — that’s how users on social media platform X reacted this week after HonestReporting criticized the awarding of a Pictures of the Year to Associated Press photojournalists who captured Hamas atrocities on October 7 during the deadly terrorist rampage that sparked the Israel-Hamas war.

Moreover, the Reynolds Journalism Institute (RJI), which bestows the award, chose to highlight a photo by Gaza photojournalist Ali Mahmud showing the mutilated body of Israeli-German citizen Shani Louk in a Hamas pickup as terrorists drove it back to Gaza on October 7. This and some 20 other AP photos were part of a package that won the “Team Picture Story of the Year” category.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

The Israeli victims have names and faces which makes it easy to relate to them. Palestinian victims, however, have no such honor and are merely numbers (usually systematically downplayed as "inflated by Hamas").

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Deflection to an award to AFP for this:

“Disgraceful,” “Disgusting,” “Obscene” — that’s how users on social media platform X reacted this week after HonestReporting criticized the awarding of a Pictures of the Year to Associated Press photojournalists who captured Hamas atrocities on October 7 during the deadly terrorist rampage that sparked the Israel-Hamas war.

Moreover, the Reynolds Journalism Institute (RJI), which bestows the award, chose to highlight a photo by Gaza photojournalist Ali Mahmud showing the mutilated body of Israeli-German citizen Shani Louk in a Hamas pickup as terrorists drove it back to Gaza on October 7. This and some 20 other AP photos were part of a package that won the “Team Picture Story of the Year” category.

Hasbara talking points for today. As a frequent user of X I noticed at the beginning of the war the feeds were much more balanced. After Musk visited Auschwitz and got a tour of the kibbutzes my feeds have been full of pro-Israeli propaganda. Probably the algo has been tweaked and Israel are paying royally for the privilege.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1