Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

What other Country has ever been required to feed its enemy ?

Feed the people whom they are fighting against ?

Apart from Israel, which other Country has ever been required to feed and supply its enemy ?

I thought Hamas not the Palestinians were the enenmy - no one is asking them to feed Hamas. They no doubt have years of supplies in the tunnels as they planned this for 2 years.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

And now the UN are the baddies ? Err as to 'wanting' after the predecessors of the IDF had killed and executed in cold blood numerous British officials including plotting to kill Churchill  - they decided terrorism paid and got out. Hamas have able teachers for their terrorism - the key lesson is that in the end it works.

Can you not remembered ?

Have you forgotten about the request to stop giving history lessons ?

• Like 2

I thought Hamas not the Palestinians were the enenmy - no one is asking them to feed Hamas. They no doubt have years of supplies in the tunnels as they planned this for 2 years.

What tunnels..........?  :guitar:

45 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It will be up to the Palestinians to prove their case with any evidence , it wont be up to Israel to disprove the case .

Still no photos been provided as evidence 

Wrong again, you're on a roll today, it's Israel that has to comply with the order not the people of Gaza.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Could you provide a link to back that claim up ?

Common sense says that would be the case and why wouldn't they having spent countless years building hundred of kms. I now have a prepping cupboard with potentially up to 6 months of food in various forms . Dried , tins, batteries, solar power charger, water filtration after covid. If you planned this attack then having food, weapons and water would be a given. They didn't do this on a whim.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Wrong again, you're on a roll today, it's Israel that has to comply with the order not the people of Gaza.

We were talking about a new case bought by Ireland , rather then the previous case bought by South Africa 

5 minutes ago, transam said:

What tunnels..........?  :guitar:

Welcome oh wise one - blessings be upon you. Anyway I'm off to stock up with discounted wine at Sainburies. It's 25% off 6 bottles and there's some good stuff there. If WW3 breaks out I will be well prepared.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Common sense says that would be the case and why wouldn't they having spent countless years building hundred of kms. I now have a prepping cupboard with potentially up to 6 months of food in various forms . Dried , tins, batteries, solar power charger, water filtration after covid. If you planned this attack then having food, weapons and water would be a given. They didn't do this on a whim.

Underground, near the sea, what could possibly go wrong, were you an advisor for them..............:unsure:

Welcome oh wise one - blessings be upon you. Anyway I'm off to stock up with discounted wine at Sainburies. It's 25% off 6 bottles and there's some good stuff there. If WW3 breaks out I will be well prepared.

There is no Sainburies, or is it a new Russian outlet you frequent....:guitar:...

53 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Rubbish, stop being dishonest, Israel is more than willing to agree to a ceasefire in exchange for hostages, at the same time there would be a surge in humanitarian aid. When the establish ceasefire was over then eliminating the rest of Hamas is still on the cards, hence why Israel is in Washington next week. 

Why are you going over the same thing, is it because the link on the food did not quite work out the way you wanted, also known as deflection

False, c.f. Bibi quote above.

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

False, c.f. Bibi quote above.

False says a flat earther.

Hamas has refused the ceasefire deal for the hostage exchange, had they not then preparations for Rafah would be on hold because of the ceasefire. We've been trough this before, stop being dishonest

• Thumbs Up 1

Talk about sanctions on LBC now for Israel if they don't obey the UN ceasefire. Haaretz still has good guys - they do still exist in Israel. But they get it, unlike some of the frothers on here. If they truly love Israel, then they are its own worst enemies. Keep shouting anti-Semitism if you want, but nobody is listening anymore.

Make no mistake, the horrific consequences of Israel's action in Gaza to date will be a hard legacy for the nation to bear and one that will likely take decades and perhaps generations from which to fully recover. But what we have seen to date may pale in comparison to what is yet to come if the gravity of the current situation is not recognized and responded to with the utmost urgency.

But even that chilling warning understates the gravity of the situation. U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, who has been actively and repeatedly warning of the need to prevent this outcome since before Israel's ground operations in Gaza began, referred to the IPC report when he stated, "According to the most respected measure of these things, 100 percent of the population in Gaza is at severe levels of acute food insecurity." He went on to note "that's the first time an entire population has been so classified."

https://archive.is/B3rkb

Screenshot 2024-03-29 144524.jpg

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

False says a flat earther.

Hamas has refused the ceasefire deal for the hostage exchange, had they not then preparations for Rafah would be on hold because of the ceasefire. We've been trough this before, stop being dishonest

"had they not then preparations for Rafah would be on hold because of the ceasefire"

Which part of the following do you not understand?

17 February:

PM: IDF will operate in Rafah even if there is a new hostage deal; can’t leave a quarter of Hamas intact

He says everyone wants to reach another hostage deal. “I also want it,” he says, and it’ll be “very good” if this can be achieved. But he reiterates that a new hostage deal with Hamas “does not appear very close” given the terror group’s demands.

Yet “even if we achieve it, we will go into Rafah,” he stresses. “There is no alternative to total victory. And there is no way to achieve total victory without destroying those battalions in Rafah, and we will do so.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/pm-stonewalls-when-asked-why-idf-didnt-enter-rafah-at-outset-of-ground-offensive/

22 March:

But Netanyahu said Israel was prepared to go into Rafah with or without U.S. backing. "I also said that we have no way to defeat Hamas without going into Rafah and eliminating the rest of the battalions there. And I told him that I hope we will do it with the support of the U.S., but if we have to — we will do it alone," Netanyahu said in a statement.

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/22/1240143220/blinken-netanyahu-israel-visit-un-gaza-ceasefire

Edited by rattlesnake
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

LBC are a talk radio station , talk radio stations often say controversial things for entertainment 

Interesting you singled out that in my post but not the big elephant in the room from Haaretz.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Interesting you singled out that in my post but not the big elephant in the room from Haaretz.

Eight days after  after Haretz claimed that children have already began dying of starvation , the U.N Court stated that people could begin dying soon of starvation .

I think the Palsedtians are lying about starvation in Gaza

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/27/opinions/gaza-israel-resigning-state-department-sheline/index.html

I am haunted by the final social media post of Aaron Bushnell, the 25-year-old US Air Force serviceman who self-immolated in front of the Israeli Embassy in Washington on February 25: “Many of us like to ask ourselves, ‘What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?’ The answer is, you’re doing it. Right now.”

I can no longer continue what I was doing. I hope that my resignation can contribute to the many efforts to push the administration to withdraw support for Israel’s war, for the sake of the 2 million Palestinians whose lives are at risk and for the sake of America’s moral standing in the world.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/27/opinions/gaza-israel-resigning-state-department-sheline/index.html

I am haunted by the final social media post of Aaron Bushnell, the 25-year-old US Air Force serviceman who self-immolated in front of the Israeli Embassy in Washington on February 25: “Many of us like to ask ourselves, ‘What would I do if I was alive during slavery? Or the Jim Crow South? Or apartheid? What would I do if my country was committing genocide?’ The answer is, you’re doing it. Right now.”

I can no longer continue what I was doing. I hope that my resignation can contribute to the many efforts to push the administration to withdraw support for Israel’s war, for the sake of the 2 million Palestinians whose lives are at risk and for the sake of America’s moral standing in the world.

Now wait for her to be called an antisemite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

And then the famine will be blamed on anti-Semitism, that's how far down the rabbit hole we have gone.

There will be no famine and its ridiculous of you to suggest that any deaths will be blamed on anti Semitism .

You are just trying to be able to say anti Semitic remarks without being accused of anti Semitism.

But a genuine question , why are you so concerned about fake famine in Gaza and unconcerned about real Famine in Yemen ?

• Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Read nearly every single comment under that post. The world doesn't seem to care anymore.

Much of the World never cared in the beginning and its not as if they have changed their mind about anything 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I would like to see a fairer world order in which all the so-called superpowers use those powers not for national aggrandisement and to culturally assume the role of the world's policeman but for the benefit of all. Eliminate poverty, inequality and end to endless wars which just seem to begat new ones ad infinitum. Many of the legacy issues in Africa are in some ways connected to the European colonisation of the continent, when millions died and where enslaved whilst we built the foundations of modern states. But that aside, I am born and raised in the UK, a democratic country that likes to trumpet its support for an international rules based order. One in which sovereign countries aren't invaded, the rule of democracy and law are respected and applied, and we build partnerships with our friends who also share those goals. Yemen isn't remotely on that page and has no resources that we are interested in, so it suffers in relative obscurity, and we sanction its overlords and wouldn't ever consider selling them arms. Which brings me to Israel which is supposed to share those same values that we do and so can be supported, arms can be sold, and we can support them in the defence of their sovereignty.

But up to a point, Lord Copper - it's not a totally unconditional relationship if Israel doesn't subscribe to its part of the bargain, to uphold international law and common shared values. Starving, a bombed and cowed population in their millions whilst the world looks on in horror is crossing a red line. We have agency, we have elected representatives onto who we can exert our disapproval and that is what happening now. So we care about what we see and what we can have some power to influence. Turn back Israel whilst you still can, and before you disgust the whole civilised world with your inhumanity to your neighbours. It's that simple now.

Israel wants to wipe Hamas out so they cannot attack anymore .

Do you support the survival of Hamas the terror group, the group that started this war and will start many wars in the future if they still exist ?

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israel wants to wipe Hamas out so they cannot attack anymore .

Do you support the survival of Hamas the terror group, the group that started this war and will start many wars in the future if they still exist ?

Hamas is as much an idea as it is an organisation. In the ruins of Gaza Israel is incubating 50 further years of existential pain whilst attempting to destroy a people. This will not end well for either party. Surely now enough is enough ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Read nearly every single comment under that post. The world doesn't seem to care anymore.

What a vile and disgusting comment. What you read on there is influenced by the Twitter algorithm with comments of people you follow first. No surprise and all irrelevant as it's unatributed. 

What is revelevant is the vile statement of yours.

• Thumbs Up 1