Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Like the prior proposal that Hamas accepted, this one is probably dead in the water because it's in netanyahu's interest to continue the conflict, and his right wing probably won't accept any agreement that leaves Gaza as an in independent territory.

At least that is what I've been reading.

This proposal was initiated by Israel as well  :saai:

Now, after intensive diplomacy carried out by my team and my many conversations with leaders of Israel, Qatar, and Egypt and other Middle Eastern countries, Israel has now offered — Israel has offered a comprehensive new proposal.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2024/05/31/remarks-by-president-biden-on-the-middle-east-2/

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

This proposal was initiated by Israel as well  :saai:

Now, after intensive diplomacy carried out by my team and my many conversations with leaders of Israel, Qatar, and Egypt and other Middle Eastern countries, Israel has now offered — Israel has offered a comprehensive new proposal.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2024/05/31/remarks-by-president-biden-on-the-middle-east-2/

Dead link?

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Changed to US VPN and no VPN, still dead?

Its working for me

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Its working for me

No idea what my problem is then, changed VPN to USA, no VPN, VPN Thailand, different browser as well, my connection is good so I'm beat, I think it's the same blurb as yesterday so no bother.

• Haha 1

Fourteen people were reported injured as Israelis in huge numbers hit streets in Tel Aviv and protested PM Benjamin Netanyahu's alleged inaction over Gaza hostage crisis. Protesters, including families of captives, called on Netanyahu to accept hostage and ceasefire deal proposed by U.S. president Joe Biden for both Israel and Hamas.

• Thumbs Up 2

Any one that thinks a permeant ceasefire can happen before all hostages are released and Hamas no longer in power are on a different planet. Phase one of deal yes. The rest as Biden said needs a lot of work and negotiations between all parties yet.

All the details are here:

Full text of Biden’s speech laying out hostage and ceasefire deal for Israel-Hamas war

https://aseannow.com/topic/1328720-biden-pushes-for-end-to-israel-hamas-war-with-new-ceasefire-proposal/

Israel's foreign ministry on Sunday recommended that Israeli citizens not travel to the Maldives after its government banned the entry of visitors with Israeli passports.

The recommendation, the Israeli ministry said, includes Israelis with dual citizenship.

"For Israeli citizens already in the country, it is recommended to consider leaving, because if they find themselves in distress for any reason, it will be difficult for us to assist," the ministry said in a statement.

The Maldives government said it will ban Israelis from entering the country amid escalating public anger in the nation over Israel's offensive in Gaza.

The AP reported that the president's office said that the cabinet decided to change laws to prevent Israeli passport holders from entering the country and to "establish a subcommittee to oversee the process".

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israel-recommends-its-citizens-avoid-maldives-following-passport-ban

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

More weapons and military infrastructure found and destroyed in the Philadelphia corridor. Never mind Hamas.......you started the war, you'll be down to bows and arrows soon although not soon enough granted. :thumbsup:

image.png.5617aaef483b7704d2ab9188314c56e4.png

https://x.com/IDFSpokesperson/status/1797221925522899368

Without Independent verification from International Media how is it possible to know how much of this is truth or Israeli propaganda?

The original is in Hebrew I take it, and this is Google Translate?

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Without Independent verification from International Media how is it possible to know how much of this it truth or Israeli propaganda?

The original is in Hebrew I take it, and this is Google Translate?

Except that a handful of news organizations have maintained a regular presence with bureaus there, including The Associated Press, the BBC, Reuters, Agence France-Presse and Al-Jazeera, with a network of stringers helping others. Although I doubt any journalist would want to enter the corridor with it being an active war zone.

The X post was from an Israeli government official. 

Lets face it, anything that comes from Israel you do not believe.

"Whatever Hamas does is lawful and above board" Shameful. Just one of your earlier posts I mentioned.

image.png.b16945898112e99f994bf458485d2cf0.png

Also here:

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lets face it, anything that comes from Israel you do not believe.

"Whatever Hamas does is lawful and above board" Shameful. Just one of your earlier posts I mentioned.

image.png.b16945898112e99f994bf458485d2cf0.png

Yes, one of the posts I'll stand by forever.

Does Israel ever comply with the UN?

Are Palestinians considered equal to Israeli citizens?

If not why not?

Israeli Public Opinion Polls: Regarding Peace with the Palestinians and a Palestinian State
(1978 - Present)

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/israeli-polls-regarding-peace-with-the-palestinians

Edited by Jeff the Chef
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Yes, one of the posts I'll stand by forever.

Does Israel ever comply with the UN?

Are Palestinians considered equal to Israeli citizens?

If not why not?

Israeli Public Opinion Polls: Regarding Peace with the Palestinians and a Palestinian State
(1978 - Present)

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/israeli-polls-regarding-peace-with-the-palestinians

"Whatever Hamas does is lawful and above board"

So we have nothing further to talk about.

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Hamas was legitimately elected by the  Palestinian people back in 2006/7,  unfortunately the powers that be US/Israel and their Allies then decides they are Terrorists, which I don't have a problem with, US/Israel and their Allies have then carried on until this current crisis with no thought to elections to oust them, now could there have been fresh elections in Gaza?

Would that have been possible during the times when there was less fighting, but no because Israel has always managed the propaganda war by playing the PLO and Hamas factions to keep everything to Israel's benefit, there was never a thought to the situation, we are seeing now, imho.

The fact you only see one point of view is your problem, I think I have moved admittedly not much but more to the plight of ordinary Palestinians  caught up in all this, and towards the Israeli's who want their families back together.

Sadly to me the powers that be on both sides couldn't give a fig for ordinary people as long as they keep their powers.

"Whatever Hamas does is lawful and above board"

Nothing can justify your statement like I said we have nothing to discuss;

• Thumbs Up 1

Posts contravening community standards have been removed. This is not about history or making unsubstaniated claims, you all know the rules by now. Please keep within them or posts will be removed and a warning issued.

Keep it up

7 bodies of hostages rescued,
10km of tunnels destroyed,
100+ terrorists eliminated.
This is a summary of our recent operational activity in Jabaliya that led to the retrieval of 7 hostages' bodies from a terrorist tunnel for burial in Israel.
Our forces also eliminated hundreds of terrorists in intense close-quarters combat and located hundreds of weapons, rocket launching compounds and launchers and over 10km of tunnels—all of which were neutralized.

Israeli's are not all the same, well worth a watch.

The Bottom Line

Gideon Levy: Israel has achieved nothing with war on Gaza

Israeli journalist Gideon Levy on the implications of Israel’s strategy for long-term war in Gaza.

Given a choice between war and getting all its captives back, Israel has opted for more war, argues Israeli journalist Gideon Levy.

Levy tells host Steve Clemons that Israeli politicians may abandon Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, but even if he was replaced, Israel would continue its war on Gaza and occupation of the Palestinian people as a whole. “Radical change” in Israeli attitude and US support is needed for any improvement in the situation, says Levy.

After October 7, even those on the Israeli left believe that Israel has the right to do whatever it wants, the Haaretz columnist argues.

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/the-bottom-line/2024/6/2/gideon-levy-israel-has-achieved-nothing-with-war-on-gaza

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

P.A. distancing itself from Hamas and Iran with their blood sacrifice war as far as possible.

PA slams Khamenei for Oct. 7 comments, says no need to spill Palestinian blood without chance at independence

The Palestinian people do not need wars that do not serve their ambitions for freedom and independence, the office of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas says in response to remarks by Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Khamenei said the Hamas-led October 7 attack on Israel had happened exactly at the moment the region needed it and that there had been a plan “by the US, Zionist individuals, their followers and some of the region’s countries to change the equation in the region.”

The Palestinian presidency responds by saying such remarks were clearly aimed at sacrificing Palestinian blood and would not lead to the establishment of an independent Palestinian state.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/pa-slams-khamenei-for-oct-7-comments-says-no-need-to-spill-palestinian-blood-without-chance-at-independence/

"What haunts her most are the first hand accounts of rape from other female hostages, whispered to her in captivity. She holds their secrets, not divulging names to protect their privacy, and to not further endanger their lives."

More horrific and harrowing accounts from a released female hostage

Israeli Hostage’s Harrowing Account of Hamas Brutality

https://aseannow.com/topic/1328839-israeli-hostage’s-harrowing-account-of-hamas-brutality/

7 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

There are some wonderful Israeli's, the good:

Interfaith ‘march for peace’ held in capital, in counter to Jerusalem Day Flag March
Decrying use of religious rhetoric to promote war, liberal Jewish, Muslim, Christian and Druze religious leaders say event sends message of ‘peace, justice and equality’

Some two hundred people led by rabbis, sheikhs and priests marched through the center of Jerusalem on Monday evening in a display of cross-religious solidarity against the ongoing war in Gaza and the upcoming Jerusalem Day Flag March planned for Wednesday.

In the eyes of the organizers of the interfaith march, the Flag March — which annually sees thousands of religious nationalist Israelis parade through Jerusalem, including through the Muslim Quarter of the Old City — has become a “symbol of violence and occupation” over the years, often marred by hate speech and violence towards Palestinians.

“We decided to create a joint march that sends the opposite message, one of peace, justice and equality,” said Rabbis for Human Rights director Avi Dabush, an evacuee from Kibbutz Nirim who survived Hamas’s October 7 terror onslaught.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/interfaith-march-for-peace-held-in-capital-in-counter-to-jerusalem-day-flag-march/

More democracy at work. Never possible when Hamas took forced control of Gaza in 2007 and didn’t allow any elections since. Any updates on the war?

• Confused 1