A "HYPO" again

That's my 3rd HYPO in 6 years time and I hope the last.

wish I could say the same, for past 15 or so years  have at least 3 Hypo per month, sometimes 3 in a week and then it is down to between 60 and 70..

wet with Sweeting and the shakes = Very Low = warm milk and Honey

I am Diabetic Lada 1.5 so take Metformin + Insulin.. dosage = what my BS reading is

If it is low say 80 - 90 feel light headed blurred have no idea it it is BS or BP,  Blood Pressure also give the same feeling so must test both and yes over the years had very low BP

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ignis said:
That's my 3rd HYPO in 6 years time and I hope the last.

wish I could say the same, for past 15 or so years  have at least 3 Hypo per month, sometimes 3 in a week and then it is down to between 60 and 70..

wet with Sweeting and the shakes = Very Low = warm milk and Honey

I am Diabetic Lada 1.5 so take Metformin + Insulin.. dosage = what my BS reading is

If it is low say 80 - 90 feel light headed blurred have no idea it it is BS or BP,  Blood Pressure also give the same feeling so must test both and yes over the years had very low BP

What type of metformin are you on, regular or extended release?

Multiple episodes a month are way too many, your meds need adjustment.

21 hours ago, Sheryl said:

What type of metformin are you on, regular or extended release?

Multiple episodes a month are way too many, your meds need adjustment.

regular  2 x  850mg  2 years ago reduced from 3 a day 

[from 1991 - 2015 was on 500 MG x 5 per day, then early 2015 reduced to 3 x 850 mg a day + Insulin . then in 2022 reduced 2x a day, Insulin also been reducing]

Not all episodes a month are BS.....  Some are BP sudden drops likewise Meds have been reducing........  21:00 last night felt bad/light headed, could not stand  =  BP 102/45  OK ish this morning 101/57...  was on Losartan 100 mg + some others, but over the past year has been reduced to Losartan 25 mg the others stopped

No idea if makes a difference ?  Dr keeps adding Vitamin's

Vitamin B12  1 x day  +  Vitamin D 2  20000U  1x week  + Vitamin B CO ED    2 x day  +  Fish Oil 1000 mg  1x day  +  Vitamin  B 1- 6       1 x  day  +   newest last month  Vitamin  B 6 - 12      3 x a day  +  Vitamin A 10000U  1 x a day 

Edited by ignis
Added Extra

On 3/7/2024 at 5:38 PM, impulse said:

I know I'll open myself up to some ridicule, but I'd point out that the symptoms you described happen to me with too much MSG.  Which is common in "less expensive" Thai eateries.

Well, it's not ridicule because this happens to me as well.  I usually suffer when supping the nice soup only to find that it contains enough MSG to fell an elephant instead of the maximum 1 gram per ten kilograms of weight.  Penicillin and Nutrasweet (Aspartame) have exactly the same effect too.  I now don't have any of it knowingly but I still get caught out.  Who would put MSG in marzipan?  The Thais did & felled me.

2 hours ago, ignis said:

[from 1991 - 2015 was on 500 MG x 5 per day, then early 2015 reduced to 3 x 850 mg a day + Insulin . then in 2022 reduced 2x a day, Insulin also been reducing]

Not all episodes a month are BS.....  Some are BP sudden drops likewise Meds have been reducing........  21:00 last night felt bad/light headed, could not stand  =  BP 102/45  OK ish this morning 101/57...  was on Losartan 100 mg + some others, but over the past year has been reduced to Losartan 25 mg the others stopped

Vitamin B12  1 x day  +  Vitamin D 2  20000U  1x week  + Vitamin B CO ED    2 x day  +  Fish Oil 1000 mg  1x day  +  Vitamin  B 1- 6       1 x  day  +   newest last month  Vitamin  B 6 - 12      3 x a day  +  Vitamin A 10000U  1 x a day 

You might ask your doctor about switching to extended release metformin. 

What time of day do these hypo attacks occur and what time of day do you take insulin, and what type of insulin?

It does not sound lije you need to be on BP med

2 hours ago, ignis said:

Losartan was taken off by the Urinolog after an urgent hospitalization due to Galstones.

39 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You might ask your doctor about switching to extended release metformin. 

What time of day do these hypo attacks occur and what time of day do you take insulin, and what type of insulin?

It does not sound lije you need to be on BP med

extended release metformin = Hospital do not have, = more expensive at cheaper Pharmacy many km away....  [Did try 1000mg extended release buying myself for 2 months  but made no difference]

Insulin the only type the Hospital have  30/70 mix, no Pharmacy in a wide area stock any Insulin, [only Expensive Private Hospitals + will not sell unless you have seen a in house Dr first] so have little option unless do a 110 km round trip to Rama 4 Pharmacies 

Yes BP med's have been missing them out the odd days. but miss for 2 or 3 days = 190/120  + there are so many that have severe allergic reaction  to, so a bit difficult + very limited range the Hospital stock

20 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Losartan was taken off by the Urinolog after an urgent hospitalization due to Galstones.

Did have  hydrochlorothiazide  25 mg  +   enalapril 20 mg .. but present Hospital do not have so put on Losartan   

Reason  Changed to Local Hospital when Covid started,  going into BKK via Taxi + Purple Line + Underground + busy Hospital  all the crowds was a no no..