Foreign Tourists Soak Up the Sun Despite Scorching Temperatures in Pattaya

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Foreign tourists continued to bask in the sun and enjoy the beaches of Pattaya despite shockingly high temperatures on March 6th, 2024.

Despite the extreme heat, which significantly impacted the daily lives of Thai residents, many international visitors still sunbathed on Pattaya area Beaches, according to Thai local media.

Tourists were observed relaxing on Pattaya’s beaches and engaged in water activities like normal. Some people opted to relax under beach umbrellas, enjoying seafood in the shade. This, according to local media, solidified that Pattaya’s picturesque coastline, which stretches over 3 kilometers, continues to be a magnet for international tourists, despite the scorching weather.

By Aim Tanakorn

PHOTO: 77kaoded

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-03-08

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

I had a couple join me in the lift at a hotel, it looked like they had spent the whole day baking in the sun by the pool. Couple of fat little prunes.......

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Foreign tourists continued to bask in the sun and enjoy the beaches of Pattaya despite shockingly high temperatures on March 6th, 2024.

One of the three things they come here for... not including temples.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This, according to local media, solidified that Pattaya’s picturesque coastline, which stretches over 3 kilometers, continues to be a magnet for international tourists

Yeah, sure.

People come not only because of the temples but also because of the beaches.

That's also what I told my neighbors when I travelled the first time to Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Why?

yeah, we are bombarded about the dangers of too much exposure to sun...but, just like exposure to air pollution, since it takes quite a while for the dangers of such exposure, most people I notice just ignore it here in Bangkok/CM too.  I seldom see folks wearing good quality masks to cut that pollution some.  Regular news reports carried on this forum indicate that last year som 30 million patients were treated for air pollution related ills and so far this year over 650K have been treated by local medical facilities.  But, folks continue to ignore those "fat" bodies reports too...latest is over 1 billion obese people...just another drain on the medical facilities and rising costs for health insurance...let the healthy pay for the sick who ignore good health practices in my opinion.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

which stretches over 3 kilometers, OF LADIES continues to be a magnet for international tourists, despite the scorching weather.

Looks like there are very few there soaking up the sun. I can see two occupied sun beds, another possibly occupied, and a few people (about 5) walking. Have I gone blind and cannot see the crowds soaking up the boiling hot sun? 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, Presnock said:

yeah, we are bombarded about the dangers of too much exposure to sun...but, just like exposure to air pollution, since it takes quite a while for the dangers of such exposure, most people I notice just ignore it here in Bangkok/CM too.  I seldom see folks wearing good quality masks to cut that pollution some.  Regular news reports carried on this forum indicate that last year som 30 million patients were treated for air pollution related ills and so far this year over 650K have been treated by local medical facilities.  But, folks continue to ignore those "fat" bodies reports too...latest is over 1 billion obese people...just another drain on the medical facilities and rising costs for health insurance...let the healthy pay for the sick who ignore good health practices in my opinion.

I highly recommend YouTube to watch old Saturday Night Live skits with Debbie Downer. 
You will def relate to her. 

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just wondering how many remember to protect themselves against sun burn and skin damage...

(my guess, not many)...

I guess they never heard about melanoma 

Meanwhile, Spring Break in Panama City, Florida... 

But I don't know that I'd want to have to deal with all the condoms in the waste system.  Or the VD clinics back at Uni.

21c22795-735b-47e3-9abe-6a765151ad0d-1-min.jpg.6f3bcd087ef9d11b036a1dae8a0d4d5e.jpg

And here's South Padre, in Texas.  Closer to home for me...

SPI.jpg.ee8c0fab862578b7f2f15939213d546e.jpg

Oh, to be young and dumb again. 50 or 60 years ago, I'd have driven all day and all night for this.

Edited by impulse

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Indeed. I'm enjoying the Russian hotties in their thongs.

I was behind one late yesterday afternoon and my wife was saying thats disgusting cover yourself up woman

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Meanwhile, Spring Break in Panama City, Florida... 

But I don't know that I'd want to have to deal with all the condoms in the waste system.  Or the VD clinics back at Uni.

21c22795-735b-47e3-9abe-6a765151ad0d-1-min.jpg.6f3bcd087ef9d11b036a1dae8a0d4d5e.jpg

And here's South Padre, in Texas.  Closer to home for me...

SPI.jpg.ee8c0fab862578b7f2f15939213d546e.jpg

Oh, to be young and dumb again. 50 or 60 years ago, I'd have driven all day and all night for this.

That must be so much fun. !

The city seems mostly for people that like to have sex a lot & drink cheap beer a lot. Looks like everybody is having a beer all the time.

I was just recently at a cafe having a smoothie. The guy next to me is on his second large bottle of leo beer.

I wonder why he has to drink that much beer in the heat and can't enjoy a fruit smoothie or a coffee in the afternoon?? Does he need to be wasted everywhere he goes??

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

The city seems mostly for people that like to have sex a lot & drink a lot. Looks like everybody is having a beer all the time.

I was just recently at a cafe having a smoothie. The guy next to me is on his second large bottle of leo beer.

Very long smoooothie! typical, sit too long sucking up that aircon.🤪

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Olmate said:

Russians in flip flops, whats hot about that? 

I know how afraid of falls you must be, but look up occasionally, if only to avoid hitting your head on an overhead hanging sign.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

I know how afraid of falls you must be, but look up occasionally, if only to avoid hitting your head on an overhead hanging sign.

Hook line sinker? Got u good biggen!!