British and Norwegian nationals arrested for illegal employment

webfact

This week they simply picked up two people for working in illegal activities that would stand up in a court of law if it came to that. Other jobs or hearsay won't. 

Not rocket science.

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

We are going to see more and more of these articles, so many losers coming to Thailand now, without money.

I see so many postings on social media, people asking 'how do I get work in Thailand'? etc. 

Its always been the case but now we have the likes of Dan About Thailand and similar broadcasting how cheap and that it's an oasis, a peaceful, beautiful sanctuary etc. these listeners are packing their bags and relocating. 

You think the Norwegian hasn't got money?:

"Sekkesaeter is the general manager of Pure Lifestyle, a company that operates Pha Ngan Paragon Resort & Spa"

They are tying her to a stake because she gave a couple of people a lift in her car.

Edited by Enoon
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Enoon said:

You think the Norwegian hasn't got money?

Sekkesaeter is the general manager of Pure Lifestyle, a company that operates Pha Ngan Paragon Resort & Spa"

Where did I say that? 

If English is not your first language, use Google translate. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Where did I say that? 

If English is not your first language, use Google translate. 

"We are going to see more and more of these articles, so many losers coming to Thailand now, without money."

1 hour ago, Excogitator said:

So, in your mind, if you have a valid work permit, you are exempt of any visa?

Will not be issued a work permit without a valid visa.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Will not be issued a work permit without a valid visa.  

I agree, but be careful of the semantics.  My Non B visa expired for many years.  I had "extensions of stay". 

Then the question became, did the WP depend on having a valid extension, or did the extension depend on having a valid WP?  

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

"We are going to see more and more of these articles, so many losers coming to Thailand now, without money."

****head

I did not say that I think the Norwegian hasn't got money? Again, I said so many losers coming to Thailand. 

Typical hostile reply, why would you reply with a childish '****head', have you got an educaton? 

Does that make you feel better or do you feel like a tough keyboard warrior, what's wrong with you people?

Geeze, society is really going downhill, sadly all the rejects are coming to Thailand. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Only recently? Your xenophobia projecting has been quietly seething for years already. I honestly don't know how someone so blatantly unhappy with Thailand and Thai people manages to get through each torrid, hate-filled day.

Nonsense. I've never had a problem with any Thais, but I see constant reports of others and how they are treated - this does affect my view of the entire country.

So there's no hate, no experience of hate, even the immigration department who are a constant source of annoyance to many foreigners and banks, etc for me have all been positive experiences.

In fact I've walked through life for some 15 or 16 years here with pretty much no problems at all.

Yet my view is still tainted by the experiences of others that I hear about locally and read about in the press.

Just because they're not coming for me today, doesn't mean they won't come for me in the future. This is something that you might want to consider.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bob smith said:

so can I mate.

the xenophobes are out in full force at the moment.

thank god I sold my phuket condo pre covid,

what a hell hole that place has become!

bob.

Just keep the one in Redfern

9 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Russians may have spent lots of money to escape to Thailand, but those working illegally should be arrested and deported after getting their money. They have the gall to come to Thailand to work illegally. It is not free for all. If you are a retired westerner and have contributed to Western societies but still cannot live a decent life in your home country, you can come to Thailand and enjoy your golden years in 5000 baht rooms eating 50 baht meals, or you can build your dream house in the boonies, surrounded by dilapidated structures and open rice fields, to rejoice in your accomplishments.  

So very bitter. I think the biggest draw for Northern Hemisphere people to come to Thailand is the weather and way of life. I have a house in Thailand we built and lived in before moving back to the UK in 2019. I can assure you that we never ever lived in 5,000baht rooms or sustained ourselves with 50baht noodles on the street but we did add well over 1,000,000baht of foreign currency to the Thai economy every year. Including buying 2 new vehicles and 4 big bikes and building a house. And their are a lot of expats who spend a lot more money than we did. Thailand needs expats and should wake up and start treating them with respect because one day they may stop moving to thailand and start going somewhere more welcoming. Lots of warm countries are already starting to be very inviting to us. Thailand is not the centre of the universe and if not for my wife I would never set foot in Thailand again. Give a bank 800,000baht of your money for the pleasure of living in Thailand, a country that despises you. "Use must be mad".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, dinsdale said:

If you own a bar legally you are not allowed to serve a beer. Do you think this warrants deportation? Sorry but your post is just tripe.

If a repeat offender, perhaps yes. Shows disregard for authority. A single offence might simply be ignorance.

Ownership does not supply permission to work..... 

16 hours ago, ukrules said:

Nonsense. I've never had a problem with any Thais, but I see constant reports of others and how they are treated - this does affect my view of the entire country.

Basically the same for me.

Thailand needs to boot out the moaners and whingers.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, BritScot said:

Thailand needs expats and should wake up and start treating them with respect because one day they may stop moving to thailand and start going somewhere more welcoming. Lots of warm countries are already starting to be very inviting to us.

Please move to warm countries. I bet you won't or cannot. Show me by moving. I will bet you'll keep posting in this forum to enrich the forum owner. Your only voice is this forum made specifically to make money from people like you, and nobody on earth cares about your opinions. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, BritScot said:

So very bitter. I think the biggest draw for Northern Hemisphere people to come to Thailand is the weather and way of life. I have a house in Thailand we built and lived in before moving back to the UK in 2019. I can assure you that we never ever lived in 5,000baht rooms or sustained ourselves with 50baht noodles on the street but we did add well over 1,000,000baht of foreign currency to the Thai economy every year. Including buying 2 new vehicles and 4 big bikes and building a house. And their are a lot of expats who spend a lot more money than we did. Thailand needs expats and should wake up and start treating them with respect because one day they may stop moving to thailand and start going somewhere more welcoming. Lots of warm countries are already starting to be very inviting to us. Thailand is not the centre of the universe and if not for my wife I would never set foot in Thailand again. Give a bank 800,000baht of your money for the pleasure of living in Thailand, a country that despises you. "Use must be mad".

Thailand doesn't need expats. We should obey the laws when we are here, even if they are not the same laws as in our own. When in Rome....and all that. You sound like a colonialist thinking all the Africans should be grateful to the Brits for bringing them civilisation.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Yes, sure. They should be deported. 

Rediculous. In a counrty where the rich and connected can literally get away with murder you would have a foreign owner of a bar who may be married and have kids here jailed and deported for pouring a beer to a cusomer. By the way this happens all across Thailand but I'm thinking right now the bar owners (and we're not talking the big bars here that can afford staff) are keeping a sharp eye out for BIB and Immigration. Like all knee jerk reactions here this will blow over very soon.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Rediculous. In a counrty where the rich and connected can literally get away with murder 

Not often do I hear of people getting away with murder in Thailand.

Can you name a few please.

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Not often do I hear of people getting away with murder in Thailand.

Can you name a few please.

image.jpeg.e7bf68d9ad41a2c139ca7e3c9c7bf23a.jpeg

Boss although not murder he did kill a police officer and obviouly had assistance in fleeing the country..

image.jpeg.ac5fd3ed5ee116f4209677ff97d7d245.jpeg

The two Myamnar lads who have taken the fall for someone else possibly the son of the local mafia boss. He has 'disappeared'.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dinsdale said:

image.jpeg.e7bf68d9ad41a2c139ca7e3c9c7bf23a.jpeg

Boss although not murder he did kill a police officer.

image.jpeg.ac5fd3ed5ee116f4209677ff97d7d245.jpeg

The two Myamnar lads who have taken the fall for someone else possibly the son of the local mafia boss. He has disappeared.

Yeah correct. Boss did not murder anyone.

Those two lads from Myanmar.... they were convicted of murder.

So how bout some examples of people that got away with murder ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dinsdale said:

Rediculous. In a counrty where the rich and connected can literally get away with murder you would have a foreign owner of a bar who may be married and have kids here jailed and deported for pouring a beer to a cusomer.

Sure. He could not make it in his homeland and came to a foreign land to make money, have a wife and kids, and openly flaunt their laws and rules. No mercy for them. Deport them. 

• Sad 1

On 3/9/2024 at 4:37 AM, ikke1959 said:

Thai people see the mote in the foreigners eyes, but don.t see the beam in their own. It is just getting to look like a witchhunt, or even what the Germans did before the second World War... blame a group and prosecute and deport them. And that in country that pretents to be welcoming retiring people, tourist and expats...

what a ridiculous sad comparison, some people caught working illegally and what happened in Germany in the late 30's and early 40's, you really need to do some research before allowing the keyboard to type

32 minutes ago, retarius said:

Why can't these criminals just follow the laws? 

Which laws would those be? Ah! Yes. The laws that don't apply to the rich and connected. Silly me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Driving passengers in your vehicle is dangerous, and it degrades the nation. It is a very important job, and denying that right to a local could utterly destroy the economy. Glad the "joint task force" is focusing on such important work. They will single handedly help to increase the GDP and employment. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1