Recent Physical at BPH

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I recently had the Executive Male Physical costing 24,000 baht. I just want to comment how easy and fast they make it. Start to finish about 3.5 hrs. The lady taking blood sample was an angel. My veins aren't as pronounced, so sometimes hard to draw blood. This older lady was a ninja, she got the vein first try, didn't feel a thing. Ultra sound on abdomen, stress test for artery blood flow, bone density. Then, a consultation with a doctor to talk about all the blood results as well as the other tests. Yeah, blood results came back in 3 hours. Just super impressive.

24k? They didn,t miss you! 

12 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Seems pricey! 

Screenshot_20240309-073650.jpg

Yeah you're right. I didn't shop around, I like the service at BPH. Did you have the physical done at discounted price?

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

Just for comparison, the "Executive" check up at Pattaya International Hospital is 16,000 Baht

Pattaya International

I hadn't had a physical in over 2 yrs. and my first in Pattaya, I was impressed. In the US, they wouldn't do it as well as I experienced here in Pattaya. My US insurance covered the bill 100%.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Then you choose a different package.  Also, if you want the EST as the OP did.

Kind of nice to be affirmed that your heart is getting good blood flow under stress. 8 minutes on treadmill with upper body hooked up to many devices. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Kind of nice to be affirmed that your heart is getting good blood flow under stress. 8 minutes on treadmill with upper body hooked up to many devices. 

Absolutely.  Having done the same both before and after bypass surgery I was happy to see that being sawn open did actually achieve something!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Same thing at Nauresun University Hospital in Phitsanulok costs less than Bht 5000 including PSA test (Bht 300), ECG, X-ray, u'sound, consultation with a nice doctor and prescriptions for my heart & prostate meds for 6 months. No stress test.

Why did you need an Executive Suite in which to be told your results?

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

Then you choose a different package.  Also, if you want the EST as the OP did.

Yes, of course.  I was makng the point that the price you were touting as such a better buy might be higher for older persons since the package was limited to 40-50 year olds.  

8 minutes ago, newnative said:

Yes, of course.  I was makng the point that the price you were touting as such a better buy might be higher for older persons since the package was limited to 40-50 year olds.  

It wasn't me touting but yes, I was indirectly making the same point as you.  Would be far better for others to compare at least similar things when trying to prove someone has paid too much.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yeah you're right. I didn't shop around, I like the service at BPH. Did you have the physical done at discounted price?

No, shopping about, have to wait for a month or two for other stuff

7 minutes ago, Olmate said:

No, shopping about, have to wait for a month or two for other stuff

I wasn't out any $$, my insurance paid 100% for the physical. I was surprised they covered all of it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

6. Helpful not reply

Why? @KannikaP was asking the "Why did you need an Executive Suite in which to be told your results?"

I see that as an unhelpful non-question. Absolutely nothing relevant whatsoever.

The OP was kind enough to share his experiences including the cost and some members feel the need to go off on the "private hospital is a rip-off" tangent (as usual).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good for you OP.

I had the same for over 50 last week at Bkk Hospital Hua hin. It was 19k as I signed up for it a few months ago when they were offering a special.

But, why do people get obsessed with cost when you are taking care of your health, maybe your life? 

What you paid is very reasonable and you got great fast service and an accurate professional evaluation.

Good job.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Why? @KannikaP was asking the "Why did you need an Executive Suite in which to be told your results?"

I see that as an unhelpful non-question. Absolutely nothing relevant whatsoever.

The OP was kind enough to share his experiences including the cost and some members feel the need to go off on the "private hospital is a rip-off" tangent (as usual).

Oh, yep, sure thing, ok, thanks, great addition to the discussion! 

I have done both the private hospital versus public hospital route for tests and yes, the exact same results can be had from the latter for maybe around 5000 baht. However, doing it all in one-hit, 3 to 4 hours in comfort beats the hell out of waiting in non air-conditioned holding pens (they are not waiting rooms) and having to hike all over the place to visit different departments... and waiting for the departmental paperwork and test results to come back to the doctor. One time I was done at the public hospital in about 5 hours only to be told that the doctor wasn't available so come back tomorrow (and wait) to see him and get the results.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

I have done both the private hospital versus public hospital route for tests and yes, the exact same results can be had from the latter for maybe around 5000 baht. However, doing it all in one-hit, 3 to 4 hours in comfort beats the hell out of waiting in non air-conditioned holding pens (they are not waiting rooms) and having to hike all over the place to visit different departments... and waiting for the departmental paperwork and test results to come back to the doctor. One time I was done at the public hospital in about 5 hours only to be told that the doctor wasn't available so come back tomorrow (and wait) to see him and get the results.

Now thats a more informative reply, well done, thanks

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

No idea why they do this.

Any ideas @Olmate? Maybe ask @KannikaP?

Unfortunately my financial circumstances do not allow me to use a private, over-priced hospital. I am quite prepared to wait around in order to save myself Bht 20k.

The longest it has taken for my annual check up is 4 hours from registering to consultation, with 2 hours coffee break whilst waiting for blood test results.

43 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Please select your answer from the following.

1 ) Because he could.

2 ) Because he could afford it.

3 ) Because his insurance was paying for it.

4 ) Because it's none of your business.

5 ) All of the above.

OK, all of them.