Russian Woman Arrested Illegally Working at Wichit Snake Farm

webfact

If not Russians, some others will take the job. I see constant postings in various Facebook groups, specifically Pattaya and Samui, about finding work in Thailand from other nationalities in Western countries. I wonder why they want to come to Thailand to work there. Are they rejects of their home countries? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

Wichit –A Russian woman was arrested at a snake farm in Wichit after she was found allegedly working without legal permission.

The Wichit Police told the Phuket Express that over the past weekend they inspected a snake farm and show in Wichit, Mueang Phuket. A woman identified only as Ms. Elena, 34, a Russian national, was found working in the office inside the snake farm.

She was taken to the Wichit Police Station to face charges of working without a work permit. The Phuket Express noted that the Wichit Police did not mention any legal charges to be taken against her employer.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: THE PHUKET EXPRESS 2024-03-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Pesky ruskies anyone would think there trying to over!! Yeah right get rid first flight back to siberia 

• Sad 1

The best thing in the story is that the employer is not being charged, as he is the one who have in fact provide the paperwork for a workpermit and have to know that every non-Thai needs a workpermit.  As i said in previous posts the witch hunt on foreigners will do no any for tourism..Short sighted of Thailand 

Edited by ikke1959
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She was taken to the Wichit Police Station to face charges of working without a work permit. The Phuket Express noted that the Wichit Police did not mention any legal charges to be taken against her employer.

Interesting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I wonder why they want to come to Thailand to work there.

Easy life

always hot

great food

cold beer

loads of sunshine (vitamin D)

great people

crazy driving

drugs freely available

what more could a young person ask for?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I wonder why they want to come to Thailand to work there. Are they rejects of their home countries? 

er...remind me again why you are here please?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

Easy life

always hot

great food

cold beer

loads of sunshine (vitamin D)

great people

crazy driving

drugs freely available

what more could a young person ask for?

They could ask for more. Always hot and humid, with little respite, with the need to spend most of your time indoors.  Less chance of food poisoning from a lack of monitoring of stalls. Sunny most of the time, the need to avoid to prevent skin cancer. Smiles hiding prejudice and hatred in many. Safer roads for himself and his family, which will never happen. Better schools for any children he creates. A culture that doesn't look at women and girls as inferior, hoping they will re-incarnate as a man. Harsher punishment for those trafficking drugs and humans. Less emphasis on what some foreigners do wrong and more on what the rest do right.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

They could ask for more. Always hot and humid, with little respite, with the need to spend most of your time indoors.  Less chance of food poisoning from a lack of monitoring of stalls. Sunny most of the time, the need to avoid to prevent skin cancer. Smiles hiding prejudice and hatred in many. Safer roads for himself and his family, which will never happen. Better schools for any children he creates. A culture that doesn't look at women and girls as inferior, hoping they will re-incarnate as a man. Harsher punishment for those trafficking drugs and humans. Less emphasis on what some foreigners do wrong and more on what the rest do right.

Most young people do not seem to care about the things that you have listed. Sorry.

• Agree 2

Depends on what you consider young. Teenagers ,no, most couldn't care less about their future health, children and driving conditions.  Those past 25 and into their 30's , 40's and beyond think more of the future, their health, and their safety. 

4 hours ago, thesetat said:

What is with all these reports about illegal workers yet not a single report about the people that hired them illegally? From my understanding these workers only face deportation. The most sever punishment is supposed to be given to the employers of them with huge fines and revocations of their businesses. 

She must have Charmed her way in.   🐍      ok i'll get my hat

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, thesetat said:

The most sever punishment is supposed to be given to the employers of them with huge fines and revocations of their businesses. 

Tomorrow there will be another Natasha, Masha or What-asha sitting at the desk and luring russian customers to the venue. 

I remember the owner of travel agency in Pattaya who save money (salary & bonus) by reporting his guides to police. "Money we save is the money we earned" so he earned more than a million per "high season".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

There is a reward for grassing up folk with visa irregularities, l believe..😎

yes. few "police little helpers" are living on it. these snitches are everywhere, thais as well. good pay - easy money

3 hours ago, NativeBob said:

Tomorrow there will be another Natasha, Masha or What-asha sitting at the desk and luring russian customers to the venue. 

I remember the owner of travel agency in Pattaya who save money (salary & bonus) by reporting his guides to police. "Money we save is the money we earned" so he earned more than a million per "high season".

Common  knowledge year ago down here in Phuket come the end of the month send the immigration around the building sites and arrest all the Burmese so they did have to pay them, 

2 hours ago, impulse said:

I don't understand all the contempt here for a woman who, by all accounts, has harmed nobody on this forum.  In fact, probably nobody in Thailand.

For a foreigner to work in Thailand, they need a work permit, she didn't have one, so she was working illegally. She may have been taking a job that could be performed by a Thai. So she has harmed an unemployed Thai.