8 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Now I'm, along with other honest farang are required, by law, to show a TM 30 'Receipt Notification' in my passport. If I don't have that receipt then I'm committing a crime. That shows how hypocritical Thais are. 

There is absolutely nothing that states in law you are required to carry a TM30 receipt notification in your passport.

It's placed there as a convenience to Immigration so they don't waste time looking it up on the system.

It may be common practice, but certainly not the law.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why would you say that he's lucky? You've been a BM long enough to have seen multiple threads about the cost of using agents. 

12.5K has been the price at a well-known and trusted agent in Pattaya for some time now. It's only recently that they've started to add an extra charge if your BBL account is not "from PTY" as my friend's agent likes to say. 

Also, I'm not really sure what you mean about "the first year is more expensive". The first extension is the same price as subsequent extensions. 

Seems like you don't know too much about agents and the services they provide. Perhaps read over some of the old threads so you can get up to speed.

This is what I have been told by the agents in Chiang Mai.  I have never spoke to an Agent in other parts of the country. 

9 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Read my post above that you commented on...

I have 800k, I was quoting that as a comparison.

I have.  I am talking about the circumstance when a retiree does not provide any financial documents in order to obtain a Non Imm O Ext of Stay for Retirement. 

10 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Why would you say that he's lucky? You've been a BM long enough to have seen multiple threads about the cost of using agents. 

12.5K has been the price at a well-known and trusted agent in Pattaya for some time now. It's only recently that they've started to add an extra charge if your BBL account is not "from PTY" as my friend's agent likes to say. 

Also, I'm not really sure what you mean about "the first year is more expensive". The first extension is the same price as subsequent extensions. 

Seems like you don't know too much about agents and the services they provide. Perhaps read over some of the old threads so you can get up to speed.

I have been quoted 38,000 Baht for a Non Imm O Ext of Stay based upon Retirement without providing financial documents.  So based upon my experience, 12,5000, very low.  I do not need to get up to speed about agents because I have only used a Visa agent once in 7 years.  So on that point you are correct.  

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

I have.  I am talking about the circumstance when a retiree does not provide any financial documents in order to obtain a Non Imm O Ext of Stay for Retirement. 

Indeed.

I was trying to show the comparison of using an agent for a 'straight' application (8,000 Baht) and a 'no money' application ay the figure of 39,000 Baht that was quoted. The long-standing, respected agent that I use charges 12,500 Baht for a 'no money' application.

2 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

Indeed.

I was trying to show the comparison of using an agent for a 'straight' application (8,000 Baht) and a 'no money' application ay the figure of 39,000 Baht that was quoted. The long-standing, respected agent that I use charges 12,500 Baht for a 'no money' application.

Then 12,500 is a bargain because I have yet to find an agent in Chiang Mai that can match that price for "no financials" application. I have spoken to a person who has been using an agent in Pattaya for years and he has always said 15,000..  This agency is well known by many.

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Then 12,500 is a bargain because I have yet to find an agent in Chiang Mai that can match that price for "no financials" application. I have spoken to a person who has been using an agent in Pattaya for years and he has always said 15,000..  This agency is well known by many.

Probably the same agency..... possibly some saving as my friend as a BKB bank account.

A Farang owned agency quoted me 2k more than I am paying.

Edited by hotandsticky

5 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Your friend is getting ripped off LOL. I use Maneerat on Soi Post Office and it's 12.5K for an extension only and has been for some years now. The only recent changes are an extra 1,600 baht if your BBL account is "not in PTY branch" and it's now 100 baht a pop for TM47 (includes cost of return via EMS).

Sorry but I never got around to asking my agent exactly what they mean by "PTY branch". Not sure if they mean Chonburi province or Pattaya City or Muang Pattaya, or Nongprue or...😂

Unfortunately you won't get a deal like that unless you travel to wonderful Pattaya. The further away you get from Soi Post Office the more expensive it becomes. And that's just the start of the 'cons' of using an agent that's not in your local area (I live in Bangkok).

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Liquorice said:

There is absolutely nothing that states in law you are required to carry a TM30 receipt notification in your passport.

Is there a law that sez you have to show a TM47 in your passport? All BS in favour of allowing IO's to tie farang in knots.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Posted (edited)
On 3/12/2024 at 12:20 PM, biervoormij said:

I have been to immigration myself to get a TM30 they did not staple it into my passport like they do with the 90 day report.

They did with me. So I assume they do the same to all other farang that use the Buriram office.

Sorry, double post

Edited by IvorBiggun2

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Is there a law that sez you have to show a TM47 in your passport? All BS in favour of allowing IO's to tie farang in knots.

No.
I think the sole purpose why Immigration staple the TM47 notification in your passport is as a reminder to you of the next report date, and you don't lose it.

Personally I submit online, file the notification in an email file, and make a note on the calendar of the next due report date.

Each to their own.