When logging in using the app and Google it is now asking for a password (usually not required when using google), ok so a password doesn't work so i selected forgotten password then get token error, so obviously a bug.

Anyone else get that?

Screenshot_2024-03-13-04-32-58-715_com.transferwise.android.jpg

I just logged in both on my laptop & with phone app

No such questions

Hopefully yours was not a password fishing scam/bug?

I did note there was a update available for my Android phone app so did install it

Good Luck

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mania said:

I just logged in both on my laptop & with phone app

No such questions

Hopefully yours was not a password fishing scam/bug?

I did note there was a update available for my Android phone app so did install it

Good Luck

Problem with Wise is they seem to constantly change things, various reports of issues from people so more difficult to spot something fishy.

Reinstalled the app and exactly the same

Edited by scubascuba3

Mine just "opens" on the app whatout ever putting password in

That rate few seconds ago of Sterling at 45.74 (gross) must be the highest for 5 years plus

Edited by Chivas
  • Thumbs Up 1

I use my Laptop when making transactions. After logging in with name & password. When I am about to complete a transaction, they then ask for my password a second time before I can complete & send money. This has been the MO for 10 months or so now. Likely it came about the same time I had to reconfirm my identity with a new (same) picture. 
Garf!

10 hours later, still nothing from Wise, a nice reminder not to transfer too much in case there's a real problem.

I managed to reset password online rather than the app, stupidly it wanted me to approve the password reset request in the app where i couldn't login, luckily i had alternatives set up, phone number and authenticator app, so sorted now

• 2 weeks later...

Transferred a chunk yesterday and got these questions with three or four answers that you clicked - that Wise supplied.  

Where is this money coming from?

What is your estimated anount you send over in a year? - 
|
What is it for?

Could be a question or two I forgot. They stated they were required by law to do this. First time I have ever seen this.

19 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

Transferred a chunk yesterday and got these questions with three or four answers that you clicked - that Wise supplied.  

Where is this money coming from?

What is your estimated anount you send over in a year? - 
|
What is it for?

Could be a question or two I forgot. They stated they were required by law to do this. First time I have ever seen this.

Yep, govt and regulators using their controlled financial institutions and want to know what you are doing with their money.

Edited by freeworld

13 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Yep, govt and regulators using their controlled financial institutions and want to know what you are doing with their money.

Anything else?