Bluetooth Headset

raro

okok...I bought me this new mobile phone with bluetooth headset and now I have some questions...

Gizmos:

Motorola PEBL phone

Motorola H500 headset

Laptop with WinXP Pro and built-in Bluetooth.

I am extremely proud of myself that within 20 minutes or so I was able to use the headset with the mobile phone. Fine. Then another 30-40 minutes hard research and I was able to connect it (the headset) to my laptop. Now it plays the same stupid little melody over and over again, but the skype test call failed....skype used the laptop speaker and microphone instead of the (connected and stupid melody playing) headset. After I finally dicovered the miracle of Pairing (for the phone, the headset was paired already) I was even able to send a picture from the phone to the laptop. NB: I can use the laptop as a headset for the phone even without pairing. Absolutley useless, but it works.

Now what I was dreaming of was that I can use the same headset for phone and laptop.

Is it possible to pair the headset with both devices at the same time? If yes, how to tell the headset with which device I wish to communicate? Can all three devices be in communicado simultanoulsy? Or do I have to switch the Bluetooth function on and off all the time?

:o

Check the specs on the headset, most can only pair and work with 1 device at a time. I have a Plantronics Voyager 510 that allows me to hop between my office phone, cell phone and computer from the headset....

Once you've paired the device with your computer, make sure your cell phone is not trying to connect to the device (turn it off for the test) and go in to Skype. Go to TOOLS, OPTIONS, AUDIO. You need to set your mic and speakers to use the bluetooth device so that way Skype knows you'll be using that to communicate when it's open.

I had one thing happen with my computer after installing the bluetooth drivers....after they installed, my audio settings in Windows XP all pointed to the bluetooth, I had to change them back to the sound card so that Win XP knew where to direct it's sounds. Just a thought, in case you don't hear anything out of your PC speakers after getting the bluetooth stuff up and running. To get to Win XP audio settings, go to START, CONTROL PANEL, SOUNDS & AUDIO DEVICES, AUDIO Tab..make sure the system sound card is the device selected.

I have found that after I shut down Skype on the computer the audio link is reset back to my computers internal speakers/mic... I must open the Skype audio settings and select my bluetooth headset (It is now an option in Skype audio) and all is fine...

Edited by sfokevin

Lostinbkk: thanks a lot, tried it, but the headset continues playing that melody (sound a bit like the first notes of Wagner's Walkyrie Ride...). Skype test call connects to laptop speakers although both, Skype and Control Panel/Audio settings are set to Bluetooth... :o

but the headset continues playing that melody

press the button on the BT headset to acknowledge the connection

that's what I did...it indeed beeps, the laptop says connected and I get nothing but that melody....anyways....will research that tomorrow a bit deeper....