Do you have a favourite Youtuber?

I was watching this couple go from Bangkok to Mae Sot to Pai. Nice scenary but they rushed it. Stayed in Mae Sot and Pai. Would have missed a lot. Then I looked at Steady Eddy in Laos. Eddy walks past these nice bars but says he wouldnt go in, crowd too young for him. Then I saw Paddy Doyle is doing Thailand by bicycle.

It reminded me, the only limitations are the ones we put on ourselves. Go into those bars. Stop in more places. You are dying 1 minute at a time. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I don’t have a favourite as such but currently I’m enjoying watching Tread the Globe.

A down to earth Brit couple who sold up and went to travel round the world in their van “ Trudy “.

80,000 km to date and this month they are in Thailand, a particular favourite as they honeymooned here 25 years ago, and stopping at various places on their way back home.

Obviously they are discovering things here that we have known for a long time but interesting their outlook and reactions.

Ok they met Paddy Doyle in Bangkok. Must be a hassle getting permission to take van into different countries.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Or forget the YouTube and do it yourself?  As for bars they are private property and cameras are not normally welcome.

Go into bars the describe later. Do it yourself yes.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I don’t have a favourite as such but currently I’m enjoying watching Tread the Globe.

A down to earth Brit couple who sold up and went to travel round the world in their van “ Trudy “.

80,000 km to date and this month they are in Thailand, a particular favourite as they honeymooned here 25 years ago, and stopping at various places on their way back home.

Obviously they are discovering things here that we have known for a long time but interesting their outlook and reactions.

I have been watching this couple as well, and although I think they are genuinely nice people , I find them very annoying to watch because they are really quite uninformed.

On the other hand, I find Paddy Doyles videos much better. Good cinematography, a bit of a story , and quite informative.

For my motoring fix, I follow Mat Armstrong, and Tavarish.

• Love It 1

14 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I have been watching this couple as well, and although I think they are genuinely nice people , I find them very annoying to watch because they are really quite uninformed.

On the other hand, I find Paddy Doyles videos much better. Good cinematography, a bit of a story , and quite informative.

I understand how people could find them annoying but don’t forget these guys are travelling the world, a lot of different cultures and countries to navigate. For this reason I am sympathetic to their perceived naivety.

Have to admit only found them recently in their Thai adventures and maybe I should go back to the beginning of their story.

• Agree 2

I have several favorite YouTubers. Here are some of them:

EEVblog - YouTube

DiodeGoneWild - YouTube

Mend It Mark - YouTube

Nikodem Bartnik - YouTube

Cutting Edge Engineering Australia - YouTube

M539 Restorations - YouTube

colinfurze - YouTube

RRC Restoration - YouTube

Rc action homemade - YouTube

Grind Hard Plumbing Co - YouTube

I am sure above guys all love their work. They would also do it (or did it) without YouTube.

And then I watch some podcasts. Which once I watch depends a lot on the guests.

Lex Fridman - YouTube has often interesting guests and he asks the right questions. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I really have no comprehension of this follower stuff, how can a guy like Jake Paul have 40 million followers on social media? Are people that bored, is their life that in uninteresting, that 40 million people would follow someone who is not doing much with their lives other than a few mediocre fights here and there? 

I don't get it. 

I also don't follow those idiots and have difficulties understanding why people do that.

But there are some interesting people out there and it's interesting to watch them. And lots of things to learn.

I.e. I watched many videos from these guys, and I learned a lot from them.

Kitchens by Rannes - YouTube

Home RenoVision DIY - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/@SalDiBlasi

I like to watch the Pakistani's  ,fixing up old Bedford trucks and heavy machinery ,

it's amazing what they can do with a big hammer and a welder ,6 of them dismantling

an engine , not a torque wrench in sight ,

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Geoff Carter is great ...but ..I was quite shocked when he said he was aged 61 !

I immediately wrote to him to tell him I thought he was 71 !

He replied to me in good humour calling me a cheeky bugger !🤣

I'm only 61 you cheeky bugger ! 😂

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I like to watch the Pakistani's  ,fixing up old Bedford trucks and heavy machinery ,

it's amazing what they can do with a big hammer and a welder ,6 of them dismantling

an engine , not a torque wrench in sight ,

regards worgeordie

Any interest in the psychometrics of water ? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Geoff Carter is great ...but ..I was quite shocked when he said he was aged 61 !

I immediately wrote to him to tell him I thought he was 71 !

He replied to me in good humour calling me a cheeky bugger !🤣

I'm only 61 you cheeky bugger ! 😂

Looks 68 to 71

• Agree 1

Whilst I love Geoff Carter, I was also in love at one stage with the YouTuber Trevor in Pattaya , forget his YouTube name but I believe he owns a bar 

Couldn't stand that guy who died a few years ago in Pattaya forget his name but his voice was irritating ,Kev ?

Edited by georgegeorgia

2 hours ago, quake said:

Don't watch any Thailand tubers.

But watch this guys, some times.

Douglas Murray.

Chris Williamson.

https://www.youtube.com/@douglasmurray

https://www.youtube.com/@ChrisWillx

Douglas Murray  slightly pompous and effected delivery ..... but Boy can he take down an Idiot .....  big brain on him !

Edited by Chetzee
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like this YT channel because it is very even handed about one of the topics where misinformation and sensationalism is rampant.

3 hours ago, Dolf said:

Ok they met Paddy Doyle in Bangkok. Must be a hassle getting permission to take van into different countries.

They are experienced travellers.Me and a mate took our HD,s into Cambodia,Laos and Malaysia with little effort. We used an agent to expedite the paperwork for Malaysia but I don't think it was necessary.

I'm a senior and don't think I'd find it very comfortable this close to the equator trying to sleep at night.

I like so many channels and don't have an absolute favorite. I do watch a lot of Russia Ukraine war content. I want to mention one of my favorite travel channels. I find the host extremely witty in a low key way.

Sabbatical

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dolf said:

It reminded me, the only limitations are the ones we put on ourselves. Go into those bars. Stop in more places. You are dying 1 minute at a time. 

Says the guy watching others travel on Youtube and posting all day on some online forum.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

They are experienced travellers.Me and a mate took our HD,s into Cambodia,Laos and Malaysia with little effort. We used an agent to expedite the paperwork for Malaysia but I don't think it was necessary.

I'm a senior and don't think I'd find it very comfortable this close to the equator trying to sleep at night.

With hotels at $20 a night Im not sure it is worth it.

I rarely watch the Thai ones now because they are posting such boring crap.

Some post daily crap because they need the money which is a  very sad reflection on their circumstances, others post to lure you into paying for to view material on another platform 

• Agree 2