Sauna in Chiang Mai, but no massage.

SamSanuk

I’m looking for a nice clean sauna facility with the option of no massage.

I guess with all the crap air, I just want to sweat out the toxins.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

17 hours ago, SamSanuk said:

The "toxins" are just in the air, even IN the sauna😶

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SamSanuk said:

Old Medicine Hospital.

On 3/18/2024 at 3:58 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Some of the Gyms have day passes and they have sauna’s.

1. Maxx Fitness on the 5th floor of Maya Mall.  Full gym with a sauna.  They offer day passes but I do recall what the price was.  Monthly membership is now 1699.

2. Duangtawam Hotel on Lori Kroh Road has an old but functional gym.  Last time I went the day pass for the gym was 300 Baht.  This will give you access to the gym, swimming pool and sauna.

3.  The Lotus Hotel on Huay Kaew road also has a gym with swimming pool and sauna.  They used to offer day passes.  

4.  Shangri La Hotel has a full modern gym with swimming pool and gym.  You can guess what they charge. One way to get access is to book a single night.  I did this twice during low season and it was great experience but the employees were rude.  

Don't tell me that you were not rude back. I always start off with showing people respect, but if they are rude in any way I give them it back full blast whether they are car park attendants, policemen, IO's or anything else you would like to mention. That was whether here in Thailand or back in the UK though much more likely back in the UK.

42 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Don't tell me that you were not rude back. I always start off with showing people respect, but if they are rude in any way I give them it back full blast whether they are car park attendants, policemen, IO's or anything else you would like to mention. That was whether here in Thailand or back in the UK though much more likely back in the UK.

In the beginning I took it and put up a fake smile.  But then I realized it did not matter if I was courteous or considerate.  Now I mostly grin, shake my head and walk out.  Here in LOS the passive/ aggressive style of response seems to the norm?  I have learned through experience that a loud and emotional response to a Thai person is not acceptable.  Therefore, I do not respond like that.  I did a couple times in the early days and learned that it is not the way here.  Also, I never said I never returned the rudeness favor to anyone. I just learned to avoid that kind of response. 

Edited by sqwakvfr
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1