UK passport renewal - supporting documents

Hi, I have an appt to renew my passport at the embassy in 2 weeks. 
All I'm expecting to take is a completed application form, my expiring passport and 2 colour passport pics
I'm also getting colour photocopies of every page in my passport. Will they accept it if each A4 page contains 2 original pages (left and right), so I only have to print out 16 pages instead of 32?

Can I just pay with a Thai debit card on the spot - I read you also need to fill out a "payment form" but can't find it

sorry for such basic questions, I couldn't find the answers
cheers

Not sure where you're located but in Bangkok you renew it at VFS global on Sukhumvit soi 13, not at the embassy.

2 pages per A4 is fine but you need to do all pages, including blank ones and the inside of the covers etc. Can't remember about the payment form but think they just did it there at the counter and I paid with a UK debit card.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, farangbuffalo said:

Not sure where you're located but in Bangkok you renew it at VFS global on Sukhumvit soi 13, not at the embassy.

2 pages per A4 is fine but you need to do all pages, including blank ones and the inside of the covers etc. Can't remember about the payment form but think they just did it there at the counter and I paid with a UK debit card.

many thanks - and you're right! My appt is with VFS. Thanks for the reply. I might've ended up going to the wrong place. I blame old age

so I only need to take my passport, print the application form and fill it out, take 2 passport photos and colour print every page in my expiring passport - right?
I've printed out last month''s statement from my UK bank and that shows my Bangkok address  - nothing else?
 I don't need my birth certificate after all?

You need to fill out a separate payment form with your

card details and payment will be deducted only when

application reaches UK, for which reason payment

using Thai cards seem to have a habit of being

rejected....by the Thai banks.

Edited by dick turpin
  • Thanks 1

Please remember VFS moved yesterday. From the website.

We are pleased to inform you that effective from 18 March 2024, the UK Visa Application Centre and the HMPO address in Bangkok, Thailand will be relocated to the new address below:

Visa Application Centre and HMPO address:

VFS (Thailand) Ltd.

The Shoppes at Belle Grand Rama 9,

131/1,141/1, Unit BS003 – BS003/1,

1st Floor, Rama 9, Huay Kwang,

Bangkok 10310 Thailand.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/tha/en/gbr/news/important-update-uk-visa-application-centre-in-bangkok

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, dick turpin said:

You need to fill out a separate payment form with your

card details and payment will be deducted only when

application reaches UK, for which reason payment

using Thai cards seem to have a habit of being

rejected....by the Thai banks.

thanks, do you know if VFL have this form at their office?

11 hours ago, pomozki said:

Hi, I have an appt to renew my passport at the embassy in 2 weeks. 
All I'm expecting to take is a completed application form, my expiring passport and 2 colour passport pics
I'm also getting colour photocopies of every page in my passport. Will they accept it if each A4 page contains 2 original pages (left and right), so I only have to print out 16 pages instead of 32?

Can I just pay with a Thai debit card on the spot - I read you also need to fill out a "payment form" but can't find it

sorry for such basic questions, I couldn't find the answers
cheers

Don't forget to take proof of address in English with your name on.  You can use driving licence or a utility bill.  I used my dtac bill, which I downloaded from my account.

Copy whichever one you need.  I did both just in case.

As someone said, Thai debit cards sometimes get refused because payment is taken at the passport renewal office, outside of Thailand.

To be doubly safe, if you use a Thai debit card,  visit your bank and ensure that international payments is enabled on your account.

It actually happened to my neighbour.

42 minutes ago, pomozki said:

many thanks for all the answers folks

Curious to know how you have a UK bank account,

which normally requires UK residency yet your bank

sends statements to a Thai address.

1 hour ago, dick turpin said:

Curious to know how you have a UK bank account,

which normally requires UK residency yet your bank

sends statements to a Thai address.

Not all UK banks have got around to closing accounts with non-UK domiciled addresses. My understanding is Lloyds is one bank that doesn't mind where you actually live. It can also depend on the type of account.

Opening a new UK bank account without extra proof of a UK address or domicile is pretty much impossible these days.