Immigration officers told to increase screening of foreigners in Thailand

webfact

42 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Well it was on the cards.  I'm not particularly worried.  Don't break the law so what's to worry about? 

I'm sure there will be some additional inconveniences come extension of stay time, but that's nothing new. 

Once yr ext. of stay willfully comes under the heading  "why be difficult if it can be impossible" you may see the issue less relaxed.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, blowin said:

I can vouch the islands of Samui, Phangan and Tao especially the latter two are the Wild West . Anybody that lives or knows the last two islands people work, crime etc and basically do as they like. Send a crack team there and clean up the islands please.

You mean clean up the plastic.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I'm sure there will be some additional inconveniences come extension of stay time, but that's nothing new. 

Last April I had that when a new boss took over at Kalasin after the last one was removed for corruption. No doubt they will need to be reassured again with an interview and house visit to where I live with my wife of 33 years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

59 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Happy I don't do my extension until late August. People doing it over the next few weeks better step lightly. No exasperation, no loud rants, no questionable gestures.

Did my renewal on 13th. One more year sorted!!!!🕺🕺🕺🏌‍♂️🏌‍♂️🏌‍♂️🏄🏄🏄

• Agree 1