Immigration officers told to increase screening of foreigners in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, 2baht said:

That will sort out the wheat from the chaff!

No, it won't, it will lead to unnecessary hardship on the wrong people.

I can afford to pay plenty more for an annual extension of stay, but why should I and what benefit is it?

I resent the present rules where you have to permanently leave 400K always in the bank and for five months at least, 800K in the bank.

It's daft, I have had separate health insurance for many years, those on the 65K method don't have to do this, so why should I?

And no, I don't want the faff and bother of proving the 65K a month method along with proof and paperwork continuously, nor do I want an illegal agent.

• Agree 2

Just now, soalbundy said:

So how many days is this going to last? Usually such directives don't make it past the waste paper bin.

three to four days.

1 minute ago, sqwakvfr said:

Hmm? What exactly could have been done to bar the Swiss guy in Phuket or the two Kiwi's who assaulted the police officer from entering LOS?  If one has a valid passport, a valid visa, no criminal record in LOS or in their home country then what other criteria could be applied?  The only substantial thing that could be implemented is to have a fingerprint based criminal background check done for all foreigners who want to enter LOS.  This can be done like in the OA Visa process and in the US the cost is $50 and the turnaround time is usually a day or two.  How many people will want to pay for something like to make a visa exempt entry or even for a 60 day Tourist Visa?  I doubt many will bother and look for other destinations.  

I do not see any changes coming. 

The immigration officer could have asked them ''Are you going to be naughty in Thailand'?

Depending on their answer he could then decide to admit them or reject them...

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, gravity101 said:

It's ridiculous.  I remember last year I had to take extra photos of putting the kids into bed and cooking dinner for them in the kitchen for immigration. That's on top of the family photo of outside the house in front of the house number I've lived at for 20 years. Of course It was staged as it was 7am. We all had to do a costume change before school.

Clearly the ampur docs proving I have children and the Court docs proving I am the father means nothing. I wonder what this year will bring?

Good god.

Did they ask for pictures of you putting the kids to bed.

Or is that just,  what you chose to give them.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Enhanced screening will also apply to those seeking extensions of stay, visa stamps,

How could they possibly enhance screening anymore at Trat immigration.

+ Home visit where they take 6+ more Photos AGAIN.

IMG_20231227_112221.thumb.jpg.40d608f40ed57dec71d6950e1e716ef1.jpg

marripagg2.thumb.jpg.242e082f68d272e8dd77d9d9d357d065.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, quake said:

Good god.

Did they ask for pictures of you putting the kids to bed.

Or is that just,  what you chose to give them.

Nope.  It was rejected first round for not having these pics. They be the regulations i had to follow. I'm sure anyone on a dependency visa can second this.

• Like 1

Just now, gravity101 said:

Nope.  It was rejected first round for not having these pics. They be the regulations i had to follow. I'm sure anyone on a dependency visa can second this.

Ok, I'm unfamiliar with the requirements for a dependency visa.

so I will take your word for it.

But does sound a bridge to far,  to me.