Non-imm O from Australia

Previously getting a non-imm O from Australia required 90 days insurance from an approved Thai company (unlike the rest of the World)

With the new e-visa application system that commenced yesterday it appears insurance is no longer required for a non-imm O. I've progressed the online application up to submit stage and no insurance was requested.

This is great news for Australians as I found none of the Thai insurance companies did 90 day insurance anyway (minimum 1 year for O-A and O-X visa)

The site only lists the following requirements.

Screenshot_20240320_015805_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

The only problem could be as indicated in your screenshot, that the "relevant embassy/consulate" might some back asking for more things - did you check the Sydney/Canberra websites for their current requirements?

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes good  news ....however what was so difficult to enter visa exempt and obtain Non O at local immigration office 

One word....Jomtien 😉

Plus makes it much easier for people that don't yet have a Thai bank account

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

The only problem could be as indicated in your screenshot, that the "relevant embassy/consulate" might some back asking for more things - did you check the Sydney/Canberra websites for their current requirements?

That screenshot is the only non-imm O requirements info on Sydney and Canberra websites (as part of e-visa application)

Edited by Pattaya57

4 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

That screenshot is the only non-imm O requirements info on Sydney and Canberra websites (as part of e-visa application)

Yes, they have cut and pasted from the actual Thai e-visa website.  But once the application is submitted there is still the possibility the embassy/consulate will ask for more - I know this happens from 2 actual applications, albeit in the UK.  With luck they will have forgotten about that insurance nonsense.   

Posted (edited)

I just submitted my non-imm O application via Canberra e-visa (NSW must apply Sydney, all other States Canberra).

I can confirm insurance no longer required and only need copies of:

(1) Passport Bio Data

(2) Passport photo

(3) Aus bank statement

(4) proof of Aus address (licence or elec).

Note: application only accepts one document per slot so had to put both sides of licence on one page

You need to nominate arrival flight and date of departure (I just made up dates for 90 day stay). You also need to state accommodation address and phone number in Thailand.

Cost was A$120 and not having to ever send passport this is much easier than my alternative of applying in Jomtien (took about 20 minutes to scan docs and apply)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

I just submitted my non-imm O application via Canberra e-visa (NSW must apply Sydney, all other States Canberra).

I can confirm insurance no longer required and only need copies of:

(1) Passport Bio Data

(2) Passport photo

(3) Aus bank statement

(4) proof of Aus address (licence or elec).

Note: application only accepts one document per slot so had to put both sides of licence on one page

You need to nominate arrival flight and date of departure (I just made up dates for 90 day stay). You also need to state accommodation address and phone number in Thailand.

Cost was A$120 and not having to ever send passport this is much easier than my alternative of applying in Jomtien (took about 20 minutes to scan docs and apply)

Yes, that is the standard requirement for the e-visa application.  But now the Embassy will review the application which is when they can ask for more documents/information.  In my case they wanted to see flight tickets originating from the UK ("Flight details showing the applicant’s name, departure date, all flights en route from UK/Ireland/UK territories to Thailand"). 

With any luck the next thing you'll see is the visa approved email but could be a request for more detail.

3 minutes ago, mstevens said:

Just curious if any Aussies have applied for a tourist visa using this new e-visa system? If you have, what is the price in Australian dollars?

It's A$60 same as before e-visa

5 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Cost was A$120 and not having to ever send passport this is much easier than my alternative of applying in Jomtien

thx for the info.

good to see cost was same as pre evisa.

please post final outcome as I am considering doing same .

i also keep away from jomtien immigration. 

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2024 at 1:24 PM, Bvor said:

thx for the info.

good to see cost was same as pre evisa.

please post final outcome as I am considering doing same .

i also keep away from jomtien immigration. 

I applied on Wednesday and just received my approved non-imm O visa today (Saturday), so 72 hours to get approval (application said 10 business days).

This whole process was extremely simple and fast and the best thing is using the global e-visa site got rid of the rogue 90 day Thai insurance requirement. Really happy 😀

Note: when I applied the e-visa site indicated only 1 month validity so I was concerned. The visa issued however is valid for entry up to 3 months from the application date (20 June)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

I applied on Wednesday and just received my approved non-imm O visa today (Saturday), so 72 hours to get approval (application said 10 business days).

thats great, thx for the update.

access to global evisa and the reinstated perth thai airways flights sure beats what WA had to put up with since covid closures.   

Hi. great to read you managed to get the Non-O 90 days so quickly and easily. I'm trying to do the same but running into difficulties, as I always seem to end up at the O-A or O-X option. For O-A the insurance becomes 3 million baht...yikes!

Did you go via the "other visa" route by selecting the following? If so, was there any requirement to provide state based pension evidence? I would have an equivalent super pension but not sure what detail they might be looking for. Any guidance would be appreciated.

image.png.5a09714423e6950796223a0812471918.png

9 minutes ago, Mrs Sparkle said:

Hi. great to read you managed to get the Non-O 90 days so quickly and easily. I'm trying to do the same but running into difficulties, as I always seem to end up at the O-A or O-X option. For O-A the insurance becomes 3 million baht...yikes!

Did you go via the "other visa" route by selecting the following? If so, was there any requirement to provide state based pension evidence? I would have an equivalent super pension but not sure what detail they might be looking for. Any guidance would be appreciated.

image.png.5a09714423e6950796223a0812471918.png

I went "other visa" then selected non-imm O. Application only required passport page, passport photo, driver's licence and 6 month bank statement 

On 3/19/2024 at 11:14 PM, DrJack54 said:

Yes good  news ....however what was so difficult to enter visa exempt and obtain Non O at local immigration office 

Maybe people prefer to come in under the certain visa for personal reasons, avoid unnecessary imm visits and certainly easier to get a bank acct if you dont have one 

Posted (edited)

Being used to visa exempt entries or a hard tourist visa in passport I just realised that I haven't shown the emailed non-imm O proper respect. Had it a week and still hadn't saved it to laptop or printed it out so if I lose that email it's gone. 

Just printed 2 copies 😀

Edited by Pattaya57