“Kru Preecha” gets two years for lying about owning five first prize lottery tickets

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A Kanchanaburi school teacher, who lied about being the owner of five first prize lottery tickets in the possession of a retired police officer, which resulted in a prolonged court battle and out-of-court drama, was sentenced to two years in prison today by Kanchanaburi provincial court.

Should have given up long ago

• Agree 2

A few months ago my b/f bought a ticket in the local (illegal) village lottery. On the morning of the draw he was rung up and told that his number was 'no longer available' (ie ticket cancelled) ... A few hours later that number was the winning number in the draw (some 30 or 40 thou).

My conclusion: He is known to be 'rich' (married to 'rich' Falang, lives in big house), therefore dispensable. Which is not necessarily a bad way of approaching matters in the village.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mfd101 said:

A few months ago my b/f bought a ticket in the local (illegal) village lottery. On the morning of the draw he was rung up and told that his number was 'no longer available' (ie ticket cancelled) ... A few hours later that number was the winning number in the draw (some 30 or 40 thou).

My conclusion: He is known to be 'rich' (married to 'rich' Falang, lives in big house), therefore dispensable. Which is not necessarily a bad way of approaching matters in the village.

Several times people have tried to buy certain numbers and been told can't buy it for some reason. There was no special story or religious tale on Facebook etc where people usually go out and buy thousands of that number . Makes me wonder if sellers know something the buyers don't 🤔