Rouble trouble: Russian woman fined for assaulting pregnant Thai

webfact

29 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

most of this is, as usual, total crap.

apparantly the VICTIM received a minor kick to the shin (cctv evidence so i hear)

if it had been in the groin, she would have got more than 500 baht fine.

from what i can see in the pictures, our Russian friend can kick me any day

Exactly!

The kick was not in the groin it was to her shin.   It wasn't a hard kick with steel toe-capped boots, it was a woman wearing crocs kicking at another women that wouldn't have endanger the woman's baby or the woman in any way.   If she had kicked me I probably wouldn't have even noticed.

Thankfully the court saw sense and realised it was a waste of their time. 

Also this "She accepted Alena’s apology but insisted on letting the police handle the case to avoid a recurrence of such incidents."  

Does this stupid woman think that because she makes a fuss, it's going to mean all foreigners living here and coming here will hear the story about someone being fined for wearing shoes in her shop and that is going mean she never faces a similar situation?! 

Edited by Freddy42OZ
added content
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

I bet she went home with a skip in her stride...........🥴

But let's wait and see what immigration thinks.....:whistling:

Teaching YOGA.....Hmmmm....................😂

• Like 2

Not going to second guess immigration's lenient handling of this matter. Let's hope that she and any other disrespectful individuals lurking out there have gotten the message.

• Like 1

These Ruskies obviously cannot handle the hot Thai climate! 

The way these Rusketts walk around as if they own the place.

Violent behaviour home visa revoked.

Go back home and help your soldiers on the front line.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Swedish guy:deported. Russian woman: 500 baht fine.

I don’t go around kicking people, but if I did, I’d pretend I am Russian. After all, they are internationally regarded as peaceful compared to those violent Swedish people. /s

It's a Swiss guy not Swedish 

• Haha 1

Most of the people who responded to this thread are out-of-touch with the reality and should go spend a few weeks in their own country.
This kind of judiciary sentences can be found all over the world nowadays.
I read yesterday about the court sentence in Belgium handed to a person for exposing a criminal movement on YouTube.
The criminal movement was not sentenced.
And about 1/2 year ago a truck driver, who was speeding and drunk hit a car and killed a family of 3.
He got a suspended jail sentence because "trick driving was his only source of income and he was never sentenced before".
This is not a Thai only thing.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

Most of the people who responded to this thread are out-of-touch with the reality and should go spend a few weeks in their own country.
This kind of judiciary sentences can be found all over the world nowadays.
I read yesterday about the court sentence in Belgium handed to a person for exposing a criminal movement on YouTube.
The criminal movement was not sentenced.
And about 1/2 year ago a truck driver, who was speeding and drunk hit a car and killed a family of 3.
He got a suspended jail sentence because "trick driving was his only source of income and he was never sentenced before".
This is not a Thai only thing.

True, and I would make the same complaint about such lenient sentences elsewhere. Case of a British woman graduate being given a lenient sentence because a stricter one would have affected her job prospects or the American undergraduate who was basically let off after raping a woman. It tends to be money and/or educational status in the west.