Rouble trouble: Russian woman fined for assaulting pregnant Thai

webfact

1 hour ago, RobU said:

The boyfriend already tried to influence the police, probably this time he succeeded with the judiciary. 

So more than just bt500 perhaps, but that couldn't be reported obviously !

• Like 2

Good to know that thoughtless bixch got arrested and punished.

Even though 500 Baths fine is too little, 2-week jail term sounds satisfactory(unless the victim suffers no further damages).

Anywhere in the world, pregnant mother should be treated with reasonable care.

Physically attacking such people is the last thing I can imagine; they cant't fight back sufficiently.  Or run fast enough because of their condition.

• Agree 2

52 minutes ago, barrybike said:

She deserved a lot more than a 500 bath fine , too many Russians in Thailand now thinking they own the place 

Poo-tin is convinced that the foreign land inhabited by Russians is the  extended Russians territory.

Edited by borderhopper2005
spell correction
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

The way this story is written is funny and makes lots of incorrect assumptions.

"Ploy noticed the Russian lady seemed to have difficulties understanding the Thai language spoken by the locals". 

Nonsense. Ploy, like nearly all Thais on Koh Phangan and many Thais throughout the rest of Thailand assumed straight away: farang = can't speak Thai, hence need to explain things in English. Thais sometimes even speak English to half-Thais, that's how xenophobic they can be. They use language as a weapon. Farang = too stupid to know our language is the assumption made.

"Ploy said the incident destroyed her dignity as a Thai resident". A resident could mean she was a foreigner. Clearly, the article meant to say her dignity as a Thai CITIZEN, which is much different from being a mere resident. The Russian lady is also a resident, yet clearly can't claim that her "dignity as a Thai resident" was damaged. Only an actual Thai citizen can make that claim.

• Confused 3
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, sambum said:

"The repercussions of this offence could include a prison sentence of up to two years and/or a fine of up to 40,000 baht."

Oh, yeah? :-" The violent Russian woman who blamed her period for assaulting a pregnant Thai woman in Koh Pha Ngan has been fined 500 baht and handed a suspended 15-day jail sentence."

All in the same article as well! I suppose the key word in this is "could"!

But really! 500 baht and a wai because she was on her period? Wonder what punishment she would have got if she was really sick (e.g. Dengue or something similar)

The mind boggles at the disparity between this and the punishment for less trivial offences - like feeding fish or picking mushrooms!:-

"Feb 22, 2560 BE  A TOURIST could be jailed for a year for feeding breadcrumbs to fish in the popular destination of Phuket island."

"In July 2010, the couple had gone into Kalasin’s Dong Radaeng Forest to collect wild mushrooms for cooking. They were arrested by police and quickly sentenced to 30 years in prison, which was reduced by half because they had confessed."

If she were suffering from dengue fever, she wouldn't have the strength to stand, let alone walk into a business and kick someone. She'd barely have the strength to even walk to the bathroom in her home. She'd be lying in bed instead.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The violent Russian woman who blamed her period for assaulting a pregnant Thai woman in Koh Pha Ngan has been fined 500 baht

After what Putin’s done to Russia’s economy, probably equivalent to a 500,000 baht fine for us.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Exactly!

The kick was not in the groin it was to her shin.   It wasn't a hard kick with steel toe-capped boots, it was a woman wearing crocs kicking at another women that wouldn't have endanger the woman's baby or the woman in any way.   If she had kicked me I probably wouldn't have even noticed.

Thankfully the court saw sense and realised it was a waste of their time. 

Also this "She accepted Alena’s apology but insisted on letting the police handle the case to avoid a recurrence of such incidents."  

Does this stupid woman think that because she makes a fuss, it's going to mean all foreigners living here and coming here will hear the story about someone being fined for wearing shoes in her shop and that is going mean she never faces a similar situation?! 

It will if she puts up a sign on the front door, which mentions the kicking incident and warning of serious consequences for not taking off your shoes when entering her business.

5 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Is this really true? Despite a lot of bloviation by authorities, I don't think I've heard of any instance of a foreigner being prosecuted for an illegal nominee relationship.

Well, maybe because such cases aren't reported by AseanNow.

Edited by Highlandman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

This is so wrong 500 baht is nothing, she should be jailed for a year then deported and never allowed back here, or maybe let the Thai ladies boyfriend kick her in the box then deport her. 

Russians are coming her on easy visas and just breaking all the laws, working illegally, driving drunk, killing people in cars and motorcycles, slashing throats and just being the rubbish race they have always been, Thailand needs to follow Sri Lanka and deport all of them. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John Drake said:

It must be revoked. What she did was actually worse than what the Swiss doctor kicker did. Anything less than the same punishment will mean Russians are getting treated preferentially.

If she gets preferential treatment,  it's cos she's a woman.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, NativeBob said:

500 thb is very common. I've been fined twice at police station - 500 every time. 

Yup, for me, I think I've been fined 500 about 4 or 5 times.

Edited by FruitPudding

Of course they should revoke her Visa.  We (farangs) are guests in this country. Would you allow a guest in your home to remain after kicking one of your kids or pets?  Thailand politicians really need to think more of their citizens and less about the income from tourists. 

• Like 2

The real question is where do they find these judges, why are they so incompetent, why are they so out of touch, and do they reach for the bottom of the barrel in the Judiciary just as they do with the police, immigration and the administration? It would certainly. Just look at big joke, Sretta and Anutin. You can't get less qualified than that.