Rouble trouble: Russian woman fined for assaulting pregnant Thai

webfact

Woohoo!

This means that I don't need to cancel my plans for kicking pregnant Thais across the country!

At only US$13.88 per assault, I might enough left in my budget to make a second circuit!

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Highlandman said:

If she were suffering from dengue fever, she wouldn't have the strength to stand, let alone walk into a business and kick someone. She'd barely have the strength to even walk to the bathroom in her home. She'd be lying in bed instead.

I think you're missing the point!

5 hours ago, borderhopper2005 said:

Good to know that thoughtless bixch got arrested and punished.

Even though 500 Baths fine is too little, 2-week jail term sounds satisfactory(unless the victim suffers no further damages).

Anywhere in the world, pregnant mother should be treated with reasonable care.

Physically attacking such people is the last thing I can imagine; they cant't fight back sufficiently.  Or run fast enough because of their condition.

Just a point to bear in mind if you read the post properly:-

"....... has been fined 500 baht and handed a suspended 15-day jail sentence"

Edited by sambum

11 hours ago, barrybike said:

She deserved alot more than a 500 bath fine , too many Russians in Thailand now thinking they own the place 

The Russians I have come across are admittedly not friendly (they don't smile much but it's not a crime) but they cause no problems. Honestly I don't see non-Thais causing much trouble in Thailand, and on the rare occasions I do it's usually a drunk Brit or Australian, or a Chinese person taking rudeness and crudeness to a new level. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Wonder if potential trade with Russia had anything to do with such a lenient sentence.

500 baht fine and a Wai is the norm for a minor assault.

One of our security guards was fined 500 baht for hitting a Thai that swore at him.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, melovethai said:

What a joke. What's the deal with these cases. Why so kind on this one and so harsh on others. Come on Thailand sort yourself out, should have been visa cancelation assault charge and jail/and or bigger fine. Would be inline with male offenders in the past🤔

Brown Envelope comes to mind personally I would have her visa revoked Putin can send her to the front line as she has demonstrated her violence towards other people 

22 hours ago, John Drake said:

It must be revoked. What she did was actually worse than what the Swiss doctor kicker did. Anything less than the same punishment will mean Russians are getting treated preferentially.

Hi-so people and a lot of money involved.

15 hours ago, Highlandman said:

It will if she puts up a sign on the front door, which mentions the kicking incident and warning of serious consequences for not taking off your shoes when entering her business.

Would you bother to even read such a sign?   If I did, the shop would immediately lost my business.  

Plenty of places you can just walk in without taking off your shoes.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

500 bht for Assault and Battery on a Pregnant Woman ?? Are you kidding me ? Suspended Jail Sentence? I think that this is totally unacceptable and at the very least , her visa must be revoked and she must be expelled from the Kingdom Of Thailand PERMANENTLY!! 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, AlexPattaya said:

500 bht for Assault and Battery on a Pregnant Woman ?? Are you kidding me ? Suspended Jail Sentence? I think that this is totally unacceptable and at the very least , her visa must be revoked and she must be expelled from the Kingdom Of Thailand PERMANENTLY!! 

Assault, yes, battery, no, let's not take the Russians actions too far.  🤔

The fine was ridiculous, yes, suspended sentence was OK as she now has a record, so will now behave.

I hope immigration looks into her reason to have a visa, as a precautionary thingy, and look into any other "employment".....😉

18 hours ago, Lanny Wilkinson said:

Of course they should revoke her Visa.  We (farangs) are guests in this country. Would you allow a guest in your home to remain after kicking one of your kids or pets?  Thailand politicians really need to think more of their citizens and less about the income from tourists. 

As if that's going to happen! About as much chance as genuine democracy!

5 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Would you bother to even read such a sign?   If I did, the shop would immediately lost my business.  

Plenty of places you can just walk in without taking off your shoes.   

You wouldn't get in my house! The shopkeeper obviously likes to keep her floor clean - nothing wrong with that.

And would you go into a temple/wat with your shoes on if you had been politely asked to remove them - as a sign of respect for their culture?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/22/2024 at 12:00 PM, John Drake said:

It must be revoked. What she did was actually worse than what the Swiss doctor kicker did. Anything less than the same punishment will mean Russians are getting treated preferentially.

i think she must have peeled many bananas for the brownies. ha ha

• Confused 1

iff you read what happened to  some men who did something , its discrimination. 

Man get jail time and she get nothing,,, NOTHING.  

what a joke.....

• Confused 1