Paddy fails badly

it is hard to do,  but I did do it ....

I did it from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and back again a few years ago. 

I remember getting myself mentally prepared for such a arduous journey,  I checked all my gear,  checked my bags ...

then the taxi arrived and I said '  Don Muang airport thank's    !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrPancake said:

Talk Thai with Paddy.

I saw that guy before. I cringed so hard I had to turn it off. I think it may even be meant for a Thai audience which doesn't know how ridiculous it sounds.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

it is hard to do,  but I did do it ....

I did it from Bangkok to Chiang Mai and back again a few years ago. 

how did you get around the middle of the country? I've only driven past it and it seems miserable to be honest. I know it's nicer if you get near the western border so maybe that's the fix. Cycling is the north is lovely because we have varied terrain but those flat baron plains, no thanks. A better idea is just to do a loop through the north where you could cover the same amount of distance. Why bother going to BKK and skipping all the other good stuff? You would need to like mountains if you do that though.

A great report on an English lad running the length of Thailand for charity last month.

While i like Paddy,he is ill prepared for something like this.

Likes his grub too much so too fat and unfit.

He also comes across as every girls best gay friend and oh so wimpy.

A great report on an English lad running the length of Thailand for charity last month.

3 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Well yes.

• Like 1

He is not famous!

Only known to some people who watch You Tube.

I watched him travel to all provinces on his little scooter, that was interesting.

But he is a total wuss.   

Always moaning and looking for sympathy

This bike ride attempt was ridiculous.  He is not fit enough mentally or physically.

13 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

how did you get around the middle of the country? I've only driven past it and it seems miserable to be honest. I know it's nicer if you get near the western border so maybe that's the fix. Cycling is the north is lovely because we have varied terrain but those flat baron plains, no thanks. A better idea is just to do a loop through the north where you could cover the same amount of distance. Why bother going to BKK and skipping all the other good stuff? You would need to like mountains if you do that though.

Go back and read his last line.😉

13 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Well some of the back roads are nice. Around Si Sanchanalai. Kanchanaburi would be nice too. The highways would suck. I prefer flat riding to big hills. 

I was actually a little worried for this guy when he announced this. I've seen the remains of a cross country cyclist run down and killed on the main road in front of my house in Chiang Mai. He used the wrong bike, no support vehicle, no safety lights, no logical plan, grossly underestimated the weather, and drove on the main N/S highway at night. Just one massive clusterfüx of stupidity. I can't imagine how it would have gotten easier for him as he got closer to BKK, he should consider himself extremely lucky that he walked away from this misadventure unscathed.

He should go back to singing his cringey songs or, perhaps instead of spending US$40k on a silly Antarctic youtuber cruise, he should invest in some common sense.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, clokwise said:

I was actually a little worried for this guy when he announced this. I've seen the remains of a cross country cyclist run down and killed on the main road in front of my house in Chiang Mai. He used the wrong bike, no support vehicle, no safety lights, no logical plan, grossly underestimated the weather, and drove on the main N/S highway at night. Just one massive clusterfüx of stupidity. I can't imagine how it would have gotten easier for him as he got closer to BKK, he should consider himself extremely lucky that he walked away from this misadventure unscathed.

He should go back to singing his cringey songs or, perhaps instead of spending US$40k on a silly Antarctic youtuber cruise, he should invest in some common sense.

Thai roads are numbered by digits 2,3,4. I would only cycle the 3 and 4 digit roads. Very quiet roads and much more enjoyable. I plotted a route from Chiang Rai to Kanchanaburi all on 3 digit roads no highways.

Edited by Dolf

5 hours ago, Dolf said:

Well some of the back roads are nice. Around Si Sanchanalai. Kanchanaburi would be nice too. The highways would suck. I prefer flat riding to big hills. 

I have a house in Samoeng deep back in the mountains around Chiang Mai. Nary a flat road to be found. Goes from 500 meters to 1200 meters in a hurry and every ride is at least 1000 meters of elevation gain. I love it but it gets mentally exhausting after a while.

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_1025 4.JPG

98EAA7EA-FE13-4A8E-B8AD-BF0B10853F13 5.JPG

44 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I have a house in Samoeng deep back in the mountains around Chiang Mai. Nary a flat road to be found. Goes from 500 meters to 1200 meters in a hurry and every ride is at least 1000 meters of elevation gain. I love it but it gets mentally exhausting after a while.

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_1025 4.JPG

98EAA7EA-FE13-4A8E-B8AD-BF0B10853F13 5.JPG

Nice spot. Car for me. 

What is the most scenic route to MHS? 

3 hours ago, Dolf said:

Nice spot. Car for me. 

What is the most scenic route to MHS? 

probably on the motor bike through Doi Inthanon and there's a road from Samoeng also but those all requires proper motorbikes. Haven't done it myself.