Ive purchased a Honda Brush / Weed Cutter – Looking for advice .

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

also good advise when cleaning a gun.

Disengage safety, look down the barrel and pull the trigger to make sure the chabler is empty.

If it is continue with cleaning.  

Aim it at a lefty and see what happens

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

"Dolf can be seen out cutting down brush, safety guard safely removed, just slipping into his older pair of flip-flops".........:cowboy:....................😂

Poor old baldy couldnt manage 20 minutes of work. Do his back in. Have to rest :cheesy:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dolf said:

Poor old baldy couldnt manage 20 minutes of work. Do his back in. Have to rest :cheesy:

More guessing from the cornered Aussie, Dolf.............🤭

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Only stupid people, like you, take the safety guards off. The guards are there for a specific reason and it is called SAFETY.

The rest of your post is simply BS.

Actually, in places like the US it is more correctly called product LIABILITY🤔 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Actually, in places like the US it is more correctly called product LIABILITY🤔 

Every product has warnings to prevent idiots suing companies. That is all it is. Only small rocks fly head height and the only danger area is your eyes so wear safety glasses. A small rock hitting your cheek does no damage. 

Even a microwave has warnings in the paperwork for the idiots.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

You carry on Dolf, with your own "advice", I think the rest of us will use common sense instead......:coffee1:

You couldn't last 20 minutes :cheesy:

1 hour ago, Dolf said:

Rocks fly off in the direction of the spinning head which is away from you if you stand in the right position.

Very interesting. Can you demonstrate how that works with a blade or line spinning 360 degrees at high RPM 1-2 meters from your legs?

I think you should do a video where you drop the spinning head down into some dirt and gravel and avoid getting hit with flying gravel. And wear flip flops and shorts since you're so confident.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ningnong said:

Very interesting. Can you demonstrate how that works with a blade or line spinning 360 degrees at high RPM 1-2 meters from your legs?

I think you should do a video where you drop the spinning head down into some dirt and gravel and avoid getting hit with flying gravel. And wear flip flops and shorts since you're so confident.

I don't use blades. Dropping the machine into gravel will damage the head so that's a stupid thing to say.

Brushcutters are designed for grass and weeds. You should not use them on gravel. If you are hitting weeds on rocks keep the head flat some 2 inches above the rocks.

It is just common sense. 

3 minutes ago, Dolf said:

I don't use blades. Dropping the machine into gravel will damage the head so that's a stupid thing to say.

Brushcutters are designed for grass and weeds. You should not use them on gravel. If you are hitting weeds on rocks keep the head flat some 2 inches above the rocks.

It is just common sense. 

Clearly you have no real world experience with these machines, well maybe on a golf course fairway. Good luck working on rural land or farm on uneven ground if you think you can avoid rocks.

You're like talking to a 13 year old virgin boy who is arguing that jacking off is better than the real deal.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, ningnong said:

Clearly you have no real world experience with these machines, well maybe on a golf course fairway. Good luck working on rural land or farm on uneven ground if you think you can avoid rocks.

You're like talking to a 13 year old virgin boy who is arguing that jacking off is better than the real deal.

Thanks for confirming you have no idea.

Your childish response proves it.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ningnong said:

Good luck working on rural land or farm on uneven ground if you think you can avoid rocks.

Rocks come in different shapes and sizes. Big rocks should be cleared if possible. If not becareful working close so not to damage the head. Medium sized rocks don't fly up as they are too heavy but could damage the head if sweeping low.

Only small rocks that fly up which can only harm you if hits the eye. That is why you wear safety glasses.

In Thailand I would check for broken glass first and clear it if there. Lots of drunks chuck out bottles.

Otherwise the main factors are a powerful machine, good spinning head, good cord and good technique. Weak machines struggle in tall grass. 35cc breezes through compared to 25cc.

Edited by Dolf
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, ningnong said:

Bit suspect talking about 13yo boys don't you think?

Topic is brushcutting tall grass.

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Bit suspect talking about 13yo boys don't you think?

Topic is brushcutting tall grass.

No, in your case he's right...........🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, ningnong said:

Clearly you have no real world experience with these machines

I will take some photos and send to you. Why don't you do the same if you have any real world experience which I doubt based on your comments.

Just now, Dolf said:

So you like 13yo boys too?

Not suprised.

Nothing to do with "like", if you act like a teenager here, then expect to be treated like one.

On this subject, brush cutting, it is clear you don't know what you are talking about...............:coffee1:

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

Nothing to do with "like", if you act like a teenager here, then expect to be treated like one.

On this subject, brush cutting, it is clear you don't know what you are talking about...............:coffee1:

You act like a 5yo with no idea about the topic.

You have added no useful information at all because you are just trolling as always.

Where are your brushcutting tips champ? You got nothing. Just a sad old troll.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, transam said:

this subject, brush cutting, it is clear you don't know what you are talking about...............:coffee1:

It is so funny watching you fail so badly. Post a picture of your brushcutter and land clearance.

You can't.

18 minutes ago, Dolf said:

It is so funny watching you fail so badly. Post a picture of your brushcutter and land clearance.

You can't.

Why would I take a picture of myself cutting grass, why would anyone have their picture taken cutting grass.......Oh, Dolf does..............😂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Dolf said:

You act like a 5yo with no idea about the topic.

You have added no useful information at all because you are just trolling as always.

Where are your brushcutting tips champ? You got nothing. Just a sad old troll.

Do you have a thing about 5 year old's.........:ohmy:

I keep the blade as is, dont grind and it works. Only the lock nut of the machine turns loose at times.

Then I have to re tighten again. Im amazed there is no blocking pin in it, which prevent that. Though it is a Makita.

Im aware it could cut easier when sharpened, but works fine for me.

Not only rocks can fly away. Last year I had a Malaysian pit viper flying in the air.

The mower hit it and the snake was flying a meter high through the air! After it landed, it did one attack towards me and then sat down.

So could study it and found out it was pit viper.(checked internet) Amazing it happend and I hope, never to encounter this again.

So be aware, not only rocks are flying.

The snake? No blood but complete groggy, put it on a rake and moved it. Scarry situation but could do it.

No I didnt check if bones were broken or so.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Dolf said:

Nonsense. All the experienced cutters take the guard off. Guards are for novices. Cord will cut image D. Ive cut thicker stuff than that. Blades are very overrated. 

You are an idiot if you think you can cut that stuff with plastic. The OP still does not have the right blade to cut that stuff, he needs one similar to a circular saw and even then it is difficult. That advice from years of experience

As to getting rid of that type, it is like cane, not grass when it grows, all of the roots need to be dug out and there will still be some left that sprout again.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1