Ive purchased a Honda Brush / Weed Cutter – Looking for advice .

Hi Mr Dolt, I find your take on this subject extremely interesting ........................ As a novice gardener for many a year, I've always considered safety a prime concern so I will continue to use my weedwhacker with safety in mind and you be careful Mr Dolt with your way of doing things.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

So you bought cheap crap in a box. Enough said.

Funny you mention safety. Thai roads are highly dangerous. A brushcutter with cord is very safe if you wear glasses. Blades are more dangerous.

I never mentioned price, guessing again, your trait....🙄

But I suppose you had to ask the shop to assemble it for you, advising them to leave the safety thing off because it is confusing for you.....:cowboy:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Madgee said:

Hi Mr Dolt, I find your take on this subject extremely interesting ........................ As a novice gardener for many a year, I've always considered safety a prime concern so I will continue to use my weedwhacker with safety in mind and you be careful Mr Dolt with your way of doing things.

Brushcutters are safe. Thai roads arent. Best you worry about those Thai roads.

Pretty much 80 to 90% of pros take the guard off.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I never mentioned price, guessing again, your trait....🙄

But I suppose you had to ask the shop to assemble it for you, advising them to leave the safety thing off because it is confusing for you.....:cowboy:

You shop in Ikea :cheesy:

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Brushcutters are safe. Thai roads arent. Best you worry about those Thai roads.

Pretty much 80 to 90% of pros take the guard off.

Mr Dolt, most of the pros I know insist that you keep the guard on! 😜

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, transam said:

No, I don't like their minimalistic stuff, besides, do they sell garden tools......?  🤔

Beta man who shops in Ikea and other crap places. Hardcore Ikea farmer:cheesy:

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Madgee said:

Mr Dolt, most of the pros I know insist that you keep the guard on! 😜

I would think an insurance claim problem if they didn't, don't mention that to Dorf, it will be something else to confuse him.........🤗

Just now, transam said:

I would think an insurance claim problem if they didn't, don't mention that to Dorf, it will be something else to confuse him.........🤗

Insurance claim on a remote farm :cheesy:

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

Thanks for the laughs. Great comedy tonight. You buy crap in boxes.

Most stuff comes in boxes, though newspaper is probably what you are used to, eh..:cowboy:

Just now, Dolf said:

Insurance claim on a remote farm :cheesy:

Do you think all brush cutters are used in a remote farm like you live in, I don't think so.................😂

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Most stuff comes in boxes, though newspaper is probably what you are used to, eh..:cowboy:

Mowers and whippers all come assembled from dealers. They fill up the fuel and oil. Test run it. 

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Do you think all brush cutters are used in a remote farm like you live in, I don't think so.................😂

Buddy, keep digging. It is so funny. People using a whipper in the city dont do so near people. The only risk is glass window which the guard doesnt stop if it shoots out. Rocks bounce off the guard anyway. Near a glass window the only safe method is to put a bin or barrier up.

Go back to your boxes of junk.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dolf said:

Mowers and whippers all come assembled from dealers. They fill up the fuel and oil. Test run it. 

For you, have no doubt, and did you watch them take it out of a box or was it  newspaper............😂

6 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Buddy, keep digging. It is so funny. People using a whipper in the city dont do so near people. The only risk is glass window which the guard doesnt stop if it shoots out. Rocks bounce off the guard anyway. Near a glass window the only safe method is to put a bin or barrier up.

Go back to your boxes of junk.

Hilarious.........

Edited by transam

So Dorf has given us his professional, degree backed, information on how to use, not assemble, a brush-cutter, which involves removing its safety features.

Can we assume the commercial use of brush-cutters is generally, labourers, who are instructed on safety by those with their knowledge, you, a degree holder....:saai:

I must say, this all sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, instigated by someone, with a degree, that should know better......:huh:

To post this non-safety stuff on a forum, with maybe beginner, not in the know gardener, seems rather reckless, though expected, from you......🥴

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

You appear to not have got outside of your 6ft city fence. Must be a cosy world in there

You're the one looking to hire someone to clear land because you don't know how to do it.

Just now, GreasyFingers said:

Sorry mate, I have just been outside and realised it is a full moon. You should be okay tomorrow.

Go look at youtube. Watch how the pros use a brushcutter. You might learn something.

I use these blades, a lot better than the OP's being serrated do not need sharpening very often, I just touch them up with the angle grinder.

These come from my local weekly market, guy sells all thing strimmer's and chainsaws. One other place is out local builders' merchants they now sell all thing strimmer's. They will cut though most things, one set is about 120bart. 

RIMG0826.JPG

• Like 1