Electric shaver

superal

Can anyone recommend an electric shaver that I could buy online . I do not want an unknown cheap shaver . Years since I used one . The last one was a Philips with 3 cutters but I never got a close shave or anything like a wet razor shave . Is that possible now ? 

11 minutes ago, superal said:

Can anyone recommend an electric shaver that I could buy online . I do not want an unknown cheap shaver . Years since I used one . The last one was a Philips with 3 cutters but I never got a close shave or anything like a wet razor shave . Is that possible now ? 

I'm sorry to say that in my opinion, no electric shaver will give you a shave close to a wet razor!

I have tried two models of the Philips rotary-head shavers and even the most expensive one brought me out in a rash, so I've converted back to my Braun electric shaver which is altogether the best one for me at the moment.

As an aside, you may wish to consider applying a pre-electric talc before you use an electric shaver.

• Thanks 1

I started using Flyco brand electric shavers living in China and that's what I bought in Thailand, from Lazada.  I also bought one in the USA from Amazon.   I've been very happy with them.   They seem to last around 2 years before the rechargeable batteries go hinky and refuse to charge or do something weird like turn themselves on.  But 2 years for the low price has been acceptable to me.  I've had Philips and Brauns that cost 3-4x as much and crapped out faster.  Knowing what I do about China, I suspect they're all made in the same factories anyway.

I won't claim that any electric will get as close a shave as a wet razor.  I shave in the shower using body soap, shampoo or bar soap-whatever's at hand.  I also shave the top of my head, being a cue ball.  The Flyco's are fine for day to day.  If I'm out to impress a babe or a professional colleague, I finish up with a few swipes of a twin blade disposable razor.

Obviously, YMMV.

Edit:  I stay away from the super cheap models and the 2 head models.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me if it's possible, half an hour after showering in an air con room, really makes the difference of the bristles standing up, and this is when I achieve the best shaves with my Braun Electric 3000.

• Thanks 1