Talking to women in malls

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I knew that many western women that were prepared to go out with a guy to get the freebies, but are not interested in giving him a home run. I imagine it would be similar in LOS.

I even had a nurse friend that used to to go to pubs for an evening with her friends, the guys would flock around and they would get free drinks all night, then they would leave.

She used to laugh about it, and she was actually a nice person. I hate to think what nasty women get up to.

While I think that applies to a percentage of women even in Thailand, I do know a number of guys who get to the prize, and it happens more quickly than you would think. Of course it depends on how the guy looks, his age, his charm, his intelligence, his wit, his banter, his humor and things like. 

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Errr, what's the chance that a random Thai woman met by chance speaks English well enough to a/ even understand a western joke b/ has a western sense of humour?

I've never encountered any Thai woman that had a western sense of humour, and I have never been amused by what has them rolling around laughing fit to bust.

What I have encountered are Thai women that pretend to understand western humour as they can sense a big pay off comin'.

I supposed it just depends on one's perspective, if you have a good sense of humor, if you're goofy, if your light-hearted and you have good banter, Thai women love that. Hopefully you're able to get a woman to laugh. If you can get a Thai woman to laugh and if you can get a Thai woman to think that you're funny, you're way ahead of the game. 

Does it take someone who lives here to see the red flags on this one?

1. Lives in Jomtien (Pattaya arena)

2. Does "marketing online"

3. She just happens to be walking around a mall in the afternoon, not at the office

No wonder she is approachable. LOL. But I do agree most Thai girls are very approachable. The politeness in engrained into Thai culture. But the truth is that you just don't stand a chance with a normal, middle class Thai girl who isn't on the take unless you live here, work here, and speak Thai. This guy admitted he has been here only 2 months....bars girls love that, most normal Thai's shake their heads. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

While I think that applies to a percentage of women even in Thailand, I do know a number of guys who get to the prize, and it happens more quickly than you would think.

You hit on a strange point most people don't see. Thai's are rushed in almost everything they do. They like rushing.

In some other countries quick banter and going directly to the deed or room is a major turn off, here it is a turn on. As is getting off quickly and exiting quickly.

For non-believers, I challenge you to look closely at the next interaction you have. What you may look for is rushed nervousness at the core of the interaction and the need to conclude or get away as soon as possible.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

Does it take someone who lives here to see the red flags on this one?

1. Lives in Jomtien (Pattaya arena)

2. Does "marketing online"

3. She just happens to be walking around a mall in the afternoon, not at the office

No wonder she is approachable. LOL. But I do agree most Thai girls are very approachable. The politeness in engrained into Thai culture. But the truth is that you just don't stand a chance with a normal, middle class Thai girl who isn't on the take unless you live here, work here, and speak Thai. This guy admitted he has been here only 2 months....bars girls love that, most normal Thai's shake their heads. 

What is the red flags if you just going to get laid or have a fun date? 

If your intentions is a gf, then we talking time and patience most guys do not have, especially if not living here for a long time. 

On 3/29/2024 at 3:07 AM, JimTripper said:

Someone else said there was definately a free water machine there and that you could fill up your bottle for free. Take a better look next time and let me know if you find it. They said guys were filling up for free and did not have to buy anything because it looked like they bought a water sitting there enjoying the a/c. Please let me know where the machine is. I'm tired of having to buy bottled water every time I need to sit down and escape the heat.

You must be a brave man to drink water out of a free machine in Thailand. The guest house I lived in in Pattaya had a free water machine but I doubt the filters were ever changed. I only used it for water in the fish tank.

I'm old enough to remember when even cheap restaurants had Nam Plah ( free water ) for diners, but that ended last century. I used to dine at a nice restaurant in Pattaya near Kiss that had Nam Plah, but a car drove into it and the restaurant closed after that. Then it was only 10 baht bottles. I used to eat at a hole in the wall restaurant near Grace dentist in Chiang Mai after seeing the dentist, and I think they had free water about 6 years ago, but I might remember wrong.

I'm tired of having to buy bottled water every time I need to sit down and escape the heat.

I'm surprised you don't carry a bottle of water for the heat. I did. You could fill a nice bottle of a common brand at home and use that in a restaurant. They would think you bought it there, so you could sit for free.

On 3/29/2024 at 12:49 PM, Hummin said:

What is the red flags if you just going to get laid or have a fun date? 

A pretty good red flag would be a handbag in the face, or getting a good kicking from her boyfriend that had just popped off to use the loo.

Are Thai girls that easy? Even in the west I wouldn't expect a random girl to be up for it with a complete stranger.

I could be wrong, of course. Youth is a foreign country for me, and for all I know they could all be up for it with any passing penis. I like to think they are not that easy though.

I sometimes got the impression that everyone but myself was having it off at the drop of a hat, but I didn't know the password for a good time.

Now I subscribe more to the notion that it's just not that easy, and guys that do try for a one off night of naughtiness get a lot of slapped faces for each episode of horizontal folk dancing.

In February of 1978 I did get within striking distance of getting a leg over, but she declined and said that she'd used the last of her condoms already. I suppose that is the equivalent of saying that they are washing their hair when they don't want to go out on a date, or as in my case it's that their boyfriend just returned from a long holiday overseas.

I still wonder how it would have gone if I had said that I had a couple of them myself.

I actually stayed friends with her for some years after, but never got a leg over.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 3/29/2024 at 7:45 AM, JimTripper said:

For non-believers, I challenge you to look closely at the next interaction you have. What you may look for is rushed nervousness at the core of the interaction and the need to conclude or get away as soon as possible.

I'll have to take your word for that.

Unless they have dating on the other side I won't be having the opportunity of finding out for myself.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You must be a brave man to drink water out of a free machine in Thailand. The guest house I lived in in Pattaya had a free water machine but I doubt the filters were ever changed. I only used it for water in the fish tank.

I'm old enough to remember when even cheap restaurants had Nam Plah ( free water ) for diners, but that ended last century. I used to dine at a nice restaurant in Pattaya near Kiss that had Nam Plah, but a car drove into it and the restaurant closed after that. Then it was only 10 baht bottles. I used to eat at a hole in the wall restaurant near Grace dentist in Chiang Mai after seeing the dentist, and I think they had free water about 6 years ago, but I might remember wrong.

I'm tired of having to buy bottled water every time I need to sit down and escape the heat.

I'm surprised you don't carry a bottle of water for the heat. I did. You could fill a nice bottle of a common brand at home and use that in a restaurant. They would think you bought it there, so you could sit for free.

I pretty sure street stalls and restaurants are using bottled water for free water and not tap water. It would be unheard of to be using tap water for that. When I say bottled I mean the kind that is delivered in the large jugs.

I would bet the free water machine has filters on it as well. I can't see that being pure tap water.

Edited by JimTripper

On 4/1/2024 at 10:35 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

A pretty good red flag would be a handbag in the face, or getting a good kicking from her boyfriend that had just popped off to use the loo.

Are Thai girls that easy? Even in the west I wouldn't expect a random girl to be up for it with a complete stranger.

I could be wrong, of course. Youth is a foreign country for me, and for all I know they could all be up for it with any passing penis. I like to think they are not that easy though.

I sometimes got the impression that everyone but myself was having it off at the drop of a hat, but I didn't know the password for a good time.

Now I subscribe more to the notion that it's just not that easy, and guys that do try for a one off night of naughtiness get a lot of slapped faces for each episode of horizontal folk dancing.

In February of 1978 I did get within striking distance of getting a leg over, but she declined and said that she'd used the last of her condoms already. I suppose that is the equivalent of saying that they are washing their hair when they don't want to go out on a date, or as in my case it's that their boyfriend just returned from a long holiday overseas.

I still wonder how it would have gone if I had said that I had a couple of them myself.

I actually stayed friends with her for some years after, but never got a leg over.

Never had a bad experience in Thailand and have met girls the strangest places where you did not expect to be contacted. Even married dr at BKK hospital who used my contact information to connect to my social media. 

I never approached a girl in Thailand, not even my wife. She remembered my name after briefly meeting through common friends when I came back 3 months later, and we spent another 6 months before we officially was a couple, and other 6 and half years before married. 

My earlier days in Thailand I hanged out more with foreigner girls than Thais, and for me I choosed a thai because it is more convenient when living here, and off course the chemistry, timing, ++++

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Never had a bad experience in Thailand and have met girls the strangest places where you did not expect to be contacted. Even married dr at BKK hospital who used my contact information to connect to my social media. 

I never approached a girl in Thailand, not even my wife. She remembered my name after briefly meeting through common friends when I came back 3 months later, and we spent another 6 months before we officially was a couple, and other 6 and half years before married. 

My earlier days in Thailand I hanged out more with foreigner girls than Thais, and for me I choosed a thai because it is more convenient when living here, and off course the chemistry, timing, ++++

You didn't say if they were easy or not though. I'm sure loads of people get together through chance introductions, but that doesn't mean they will be playing hide the sausage 5 minutes after meeting.

I took a Japanese girl out to a pub that I met in an hotel ( she wanted to practice her English skills ), but we went back to our own rooms after.

On 4/1/2024 at 8:16 PM, JimTripper said:

I would bet the free water machine has filters on it as well. I can't see that being pure tap water.

Yes they do, but need changing when old to work properly. Would you trust that to happen in LOS? I never did.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You didn't say if they were easy or not though. I'm sure loads of people get together through chance introductions, but that doesn't mean they will be playing hide the sausage 5 minutes after meeting.

I took a Japanese girl out to a pub that I met in an hotel ( she wanted to practice her English skills ), but we went back to our own rooms after.

I never had any issues picking up girls, and the most aggressive ones, you feel and see right away. Most we westerns get in contact with is pros or semi pros, or just a goalgetter where they going to have a foreigner no matter what it takes because they will have a better and more sabai sabai future with a foreigner. They cultivate the myth about foreigners and a life with foreigners. Myths created by all those who only shows the shiny days, and do not admit how difficult it can be out of many reasons. 

Normal thai girls, if there is any, or just let us call them conservative, do not meet you alone for a date! 

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes they do, but need changing when old to work properly. Would you trust that to happen in LOS? I never did.

Not really, but it could happen anywhere. Depends on where the machine is located.

More likely to be clean filters at drinking water delivery facilities, bottled store brands, etc. Next come water machines, those near condo's preferred over just streetside machines. The idea is that juristic may be watching the maintenance schedule.

I think the machines are independently owned, kind of like a gumball machine route. The more likely the place is to need money the less likely the filters are to be changed as much, as a rule of thumb.

I have never seen a label on a machine indicating the filter change date. Anyone know if this is listed on the outside of the machine anywhere?

Edited by JimTripper

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

Not really, but it could happen anywhere. Depends on where the machine is located.

More likely to be clean filters at drinking water delivery facilities, bottled store brands, etc. Next come water machines, those near condo's preferred over just streetside machines. The idea is that juristic may be watching the maintenance schedule. I think they are independently owned.

The more likely the place is to need money the less likely the filters are to be changed as much, as a rule of thumb.

I have never seen a label on a machine indicating the filter change date. Anyone know if this is listed on the outside of the machine anywhere?

Should be, so people can check it. If there isn't one likely they were never changed.

The world changed. I asked my first wife out five times before she assented. Now that would be considered harassment.

The broad macro benefit for women of not having to endlessly fend off approaches trumps the micro benefit of rare success stories like mine. It is emotional labor for them to politely wave you off. Again and again.

women would prefer to peruse you online, where the odds favor them, and the hassle factor is zero. The approach at the ATM was always a long shot. Now it’s an impossible shot.

It was always very tenuous to move from “nice day” to “lie down” - even with the reality-shifting power of being able to recite canned Thai jokes at will. Oh, how they love that. Total day brightener.

This sounds like a time traveler who still expects the GFE party of about a third of a century ago.

“Unfunny, stinky, white devil, you say? Is this my lucky day or what? Let me drop whatever I was doing. A free coffee is suddenly on offer.”

Ask yourself, if homely, fat women with no game were often bugging you during your sock selection process, wouldn’t you just want them to sod off?

Edited by Prubangboy

On 4/1/2024 at 10:35 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

If you have another leg up, I don't see it.

Edited by JimTripper