PrEP

11 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I wish people would use a full description and then use the abbreviation of their choice!

Do you know how many definitions of PrEP come up on google?

Came up. straight away. Those who don't know what PrEP is won't have been to Queen Sirikit

Screenshot_2024-03-26-18-39-17-857_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Im uneducated on this topic.    I think it is good to learn about this if you are partaking in the delights of Thailand. 

Does this mean you guys have had a vasectomy if no condom? 

Yes i have

18 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Dont assume this as its not my experience.   

Very common, of course must be exceptions

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

By your own admission.

You engage in sexual practices that dictate PRep is needed.

what lube do you use, I reckon old school vaseline to get ya nice and greasy.

You're confused, you don't seem to realise you can catch HIV from intercourse with women

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Spot on there, even that Dr who appears on facebook Pattaya groups, forget his name, was talking out of date garbage the other day. Like the other guys on this thread either don't have sex or think they don't need a condom.

The other thing to highlight is PrEP is more effective than condoms, no way will a girl understand that

Surprised you're taking Azithromycin and Ceftriaxone without symptoms, that's the whole point of Doxy PEP

Doxy PEP isn't very effective against Gonorrhoea. I use my judgment, not totally rational I know. My former employer gave Azithromycin and Cefixime [not Ceftriaxone], as "rape kit", to staff going out to the field in areas the risk was high, and assistance inexistant. Instruction was to use it within 48 hours of "event". It doesn't have any bad side effects AFAIC and as I said I use it infrequently once or twice a year. If I had symptoms I'd go to see a doctor for Ceftriaxone and/or whatever..

Edited by Ben Zioner
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Chivas said:

What the hell is a Prep

Nope I havent googled it lol

One of them turbo sex toy squirmy rabbits from Beach Rd ?

Kids below the age of nine shouldn't be allowed to post here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scottiejohn said:

What a stupid response!

People should not have to waste their time searching google or whatever to find out if a topic is of interest or W.T.F it is about!

Headlines or Topic subjects are meant to give clarity regarding the subject about to be posted/discussed!

They should not need to be searched but self explanatory! 

So, if I said Condom would you know what it is?

Anyone with a sex life that goes beyond Onanism should know about STD, HIV, PREP, PEP, and others.

• Sad 2
  • Agree 2

Multiple posts violating or quoting posts violating community standards were removed. This is a sensitive topic, please treat it with a bit of maturity or we'll have to take additional actions.

4 hours ago, Dolf said:

0.04%

There is no fixed rate of risk.

It depends on many, many factors:

- the woman's viral load

- whether she has any breaks in the skin or mucosa (invluding where you can't see)

- whether the male partner has any breaks in the skin/mucosa

- how vigorous (or rough) the sexual activity is

• Thanks 1

A heads-up guys:  From what I read on here I understand that a number of people do not use condoms and use various pharmaceuticals as an alternative safety measure.  I have done the same for many years and it has worked well for me, but was recently informed by my doctor that this was impacting my kidney function.  Her words were that "PrEP is hard on the kidneys".  For occasional use an issue is less likely, but I suggest to explore with your doc what is the likely impact on your organs (kidneys, liver etc.) of any pharmaceuticals that you choose to use frequently.  Stay safe all.

13 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

555 in Thailand? define that?

One who hasn't opened her legs for every Tom, DICK and Harry perhaps? One who is more moral and doesn't want a disease to threaten her life and health. One who doesn't like others gossiping about her like she's some prostitute. One who values a long term, more permanent relationship where you grow closer, than one where usually just the man gets off and the woman's left high and dry. Or one who looks at you as your right name and not just another John.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Homburg said:

A heads-up guys:  From what I read on here I understand that a number of people do not use condoms and use various pharmaceuticals as an alternative safety measure.  I have done the same for many years and it has worked well for me, but was recently informed by my doctor that this was impacting my kidney function.  Her words were that "PrEP is hard on the kidneys".  For occasional use an issue is less likely, but I suggest to explore with your doc what is the likely impact on your organs (kidneys, liver etc.) of any pharmaceuticals that you choose to use frequently.  Stay safe all.

Doctors monitor kidney function and HIV status when they prescribe PREP.

Edited by Ben Zioner

51 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Doctors monitor kidney function and HIV status when they prescribe PREP.

Agreed, but it's very easy to obtain pharmaceuticals without visiting a doctor so many don't bother.

10 minutes ago, Homburg said:

Agreed, but it's very easy to obtain pharmaceuticals without visiting a doctor so many don't bother.

And that's why health authorities should provide comprehensive information/education about all preventive measures available to maintain a happy and healthy sex life. Repeating, condom, condom, ad nauseam is a bit like imposing surgical masks  on scuba divers.

But judging by some of the juvenile reactions here, it could be that some are just too embarrassed to see a doctor and say "I am having sex with whores and I don't want to use a condom, what can you do to protect my health, and that of other johns ?". Yes I know, better to see that Doctor at Red Cross or Pulse. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I can see a case for a girlfriend or wife once you've lost interest in sex

I can tell you that GF and I have been together for several years, and neither of us has lost interest.

The other side of things is that having a GF or a couple, if you have t hve variety, is not an issue. Just look at the websites. Lol plenty of looking for a handsome farang.

Even young ones that want a sugar daddy.

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You have a link for that?

I did but i lost it. It will vary as indicated above but generally low. If you are banging bargirls use a condom to stop other stuff.

14 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Kids below the age of nine shouldn't be allowed to post here.

Yet you were incapable of answering the very basic question

What is Prep on a wet Thirsday in the UK.....??

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Surprised you're taking Azithromycin and Ceftriaxone without symptoms, that's the whole point of Doxy PEP

It really makes no sense at all to take any bacterial PEP.

Why not just wait til you get a bacterial infection then treat it with a short course of antibiotics? Instead of taking them all the time for nothing. Lol

Do you take amoxicillin constantly to prevent throat/chest infections?

It makes no sense.

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've not seen that, I'm amazed girls don't take PrEP more widespread, easy way to be safe and get more customers, but it goes over their head when i mention it. BTW Red Cross is 500 a bottle

Is that the Red Cross clinic on Ratchadamri Road?

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you go and see a health professional they will advise having sex with female sex workers is definitely risky.

Yeah, a bit riskier.

- The prevalence in normal women is 0.5%

- The prevalence in venue based FSWs is 0.7%

- The prevalence in non-venue based FSWs is 1.1%

And commercial sex only represents 1% of new infections, compared with regular casual sex (11%) and even couples/spousal sex which is surprisingly far higher (23%)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://hivhub.ddc.moph.go.th/Download/RRTTR/Factsheet2020_ENG_Final.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjP19i3wZOFAxUYd2wGHeF2BqoQFnoECFIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2JLoWNHj_Xy2DmQFy-zIT8

Screenshot_20240327_103608_Drive.jpg

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

None of these fat, ugly, big bellied. big titted farang shirtless tossers who roam Pattaya, are ever in a million years going to find a "real girlfriend".

True

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Yeah, a bit riskier.

- The prevalence in normal women is 0.5%

- The prevalence in venue based FSWs is 0.7%

- The prevalence in non-venue based FSWs is 1.1%

And commercial sex only represents 1% of new infections, compared with regular casual sex (11%) and even couples/spousal sex which is surprisingly far higher (23%)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://hivhub.ddc.moph.go.th/Download/RRTTR/Factsheet2020_ENG_Final.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjP19i3wZOFAxUYd2wGHeF2BqoQFnoECFIQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2JLoWNHj_Xy2DmQFy-zIT8

Screenshot_20240327_103608_Drive.jpg

50x higher with trannies