Bitcoin forecast to break US$80,000 barrier by year-end due to market trends

Hong King 'in kind' Bitcoin ETF approvals are expected pretty soon.

I believe they are targeted at the Chinese market and allow direct exposure via brokerage accounts.

It has been notoriously hard to purchase Bitcoin in China at some times over the last few years, with this new development, if approved it will allow the Chinese to gamble their money on Bitcoin through their brokerage accounts. I heard the Chinese love that sort of thing.....

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have invested with a policy of never investing in things I don't understand. I missed out on crypto. I read an excellent piece of advice years back when BTC was in single digits and that was to invest 5% of your savings in BTC. I didn't do it, and of course I could have made a vast amount of money.

BTC seems to be more established these days and I'm wondering what the folk on here think about investing 5% of my savings in BTC. It is money I can afford to lose. The thing that attracts me is the 'halving event' and the opening of an ETF in Hong Kong that Chinese will be able to invest in? My investment horizon is 10 to 20 years and I have earned 5.4% net over the past 25 years using buy and hold with Vanguard. 

Any thoughts?