Unprecedented crisis for the Thai Police as Srettha baulks despite lawyer’s damning claims

webfact

The most amazing thing about this latest intra-RTP dust-up is that it is so public.

The corruption, and fights over the proceeds, are nothing new. But in the past, while widely privately acknowledged, it was rarely discussed in public.

A few senior officers, from both sides, will have to take the fall. And then all will proclaim everything is fine and it was a few bad apples.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

all govt departments are on the take in some form, this is just a part of Thailands graft and corruption mentality and why thais want to get govt jobs, they know that a govt job guarantees them extras through graft, the police are only a part of it all.

• Agree 2

he'll just wait till it goes away... that is what they always do... and hell, it seems to work

just like when i teach and i catch a kid doing something bad and i confront them. they just sit/stand not answering till it wears me out...

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This isn't the first time that Sretta has refused to take action, he's refused to take action on virtually every issue since he's taken office. The man has proven himself to be the very definition of a do-nothing PM. He is an empty suit

but the suit pockets are absolutely stuffed full of money. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

I had a small Gogo bar in Soi Diamond. The first Gogo bar in the street at that time (about 17 years ago)

Soi Diamond had gogo bars as far back as the early 1980's (about 40 years ago). Caligvla, Baby Gogo and Green Light to name a few.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Terrifying police corruption scandal unveiled. Lawyer’s shocking claims rock Thailand. Well-known lawyer Sittra Biabungkerd has alleged rampant corruption within the Royal Thai Police, implicating high-ranking officers. Allegations suggest an alternative police network generating hundreds of millions monthly from crime. Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin is now facing mounting pressure for decisive action as public alarm grows but declines to act.

The lid is well and truly off the can of worms now.... 

6 hours ago, proton said:

I wonder how much immigration rakes in when it comes to bribes?

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

This isn't the first time that Sretta has refused to take action, he's refused to take action on virtually every issue since he's taken office. The man has proven himself to be the very definition of a do-nothing PM. He is an empty suit. 

Not true that he is a "do-nothing" PM Spidermike, he talks and travels a lot!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Soi Diamond had gogo bars as far back as the early 1980's (about 40 years ago). Caligvla, Baby Gogo and Green Light to name a few.

The first as in it was the first bar you came to when you entered Soi Diamond from Second Road. <rolleyes>

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2