Unprecedented crisis for the Thai Police as Srettha baulks despite lawyer’s damning claims

webfact

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This will be very interesting. Hopefully someone has the goods on the military too. That would be a whole lot bigger than the top BIB. Clean out the senate and parliament of the corrupt and then possibly Thailand could start to move forward. The corrupt elites must be thinking very hard about all this. I said yesterday the police thing is only a very small portion of the tip of a very large iceberg.

Book to read  !  :  Especially the Frontispiece  :  Bangkok 8,  by John Burdett,  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Its all a bit silly really.  I mean who is going to do anything?  We already have two major well known criminals with evidence against them, even convictions but they will not pay any price for their criminality except via paper bags under the desk.  Everybody, and I mean everybody, knows it but they walk free.  How is the police force going to be treated any different?  A few heads may roll, a few names changed to protect the guilty and the revenue stream but nothing will change.  It will all be lost among stories of viscious farang overstayers,  nasty graffiti artists, and life threatening peanut sellers without work permits.  They are the real threat to Thailand.

an Independent Inquiry and Legal team. IMHO

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jackinthebox said:

Mr Sittra claims that the network generates ฿100 million a month from criminal activities across the kingdom
much more for sure. I would guess 100 million USD a month

Remember this one from over a year ago? And whatever happened with it? Oh, right - nothing.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1285260-chuwit-bombshell-claims-massive-organised-met-police-racket-nets-central-fund-324-mb-month-sky-arrives-in-bangkok/

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This will be very interesting. Hopefully someone has the goods on the military too. That would be a whole lot bigger than the top BIB. Clean out the senate and parliament of the corrupt and then possibly Thailand could start to move forward. The corrupt elites must be thinking very hard about all this. I said yesterday the police thing is only a very small portion of the tip of a very large iceberg.

I see this as a conflict between the Army and the RTP, supplying information to discredit the other, to look after their own interests. The change of government from Army to PT (remember Thaksin ran the RTP) has a few people on their toes. <snip>

Edited by Jai Dee
Reference to Thai Monarchy removed as per Community Standards

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

I see this as a conflict between the Army and the RTP, supplying information to discredit the other, to look after their own interests. The change of government from Army to PT (remember Thaksin ran the RTP) has a few people on their toes. <snip>

It's someone who has (supposed) evidence against the RTP. Do you think this evidence has been provided by the Army? Interesting thought but I'm not sure the corrupt generals would want to start highlighting corruption at the highest levels. Remember there are levels above the RTP which are more corrupt.

Again I say as I have for years on end this country is corrupt top to bottom. 

On the other hand there may be some veracity in what you say. They (military) might want these guys out of the way to insert their own stooges.

Very interesting stuff indeed.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, paul1804 said:

Not true that he is a "do-nothing" PM Spidermike, he talks and travels a lot!!!

Well it's likely he does drink a lot of fine wine and he does eat at a lot of Michelin starred restaurants, so I guess that is a form of action. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Its all a bit silly really.  I mean who is going to do anything?  We already have two major well known criminals with evidence against them, even convictions but they will not pay any price for their criminality except via paper bags under the desk.  Everybody, and I mean everybody, knows it but they walk free.  How is the police force going to be treated any different?  A few heads may roll, a few names changed to protect the guilty and the revenue stream but nothing will change.  It will all be lost among stories of viscious farang overstayers,  nasty graffiti artists, and life threatening peanut sellers without work permits.  They are the real threat to Thailand.

If they can figure out a way to stop foreigners from urinating on the sidewalks, all of the problems will just go away. 

And then of course they can always burn more incense, that's very effective too. 

Edited by spidermike007