Bangkok and Moscow Strengthen Bilateral Relations and Collaboration

webfact

image.png

BANGKOK (NNT) - Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) Somboon Homnan extended a warm welcome to Mr. Sergey Cheremin, Minister of the Government of Moscow and Head of the Department for External Economic and International Relations of Moscow, along with his delegation. The visit aims to strengthen relationships and enhance cooperation between Moscow and Bangkok.

This initiative builds upon the establishment of relations between Bangkok and Moscow on June 19, 1997. The goal is to exchange information, and experiences, and develop cooperation in various fields such as education, science, culture, environmental protection, tourism, and sports for mutual benefit.

Furthermore, both cities signed a memorandum of understanding for cooperation that will last until 2025, focusing on trade and economic cooperation, smart city, innovation, transportation, sustainable development education, sports, culture, and tourism. This collaboration also includes high-level official visits between the two cities to enhance mutual understanding and cooperation.

by Saranchana Roschum

Source: NNT 2024-03-30

- Discover how Cigna Insurance can protect you with a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment. For more information on expat health insurance click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

• Confused 2
  • Sad 12
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Burst out laughing reading this headline straight after watching the video of the "rabid russian" brawling with Thai police.  I think Ive watched too much Monty Python.

Come on Felix,  don't knock Monty.... they were/are all very educated individuals. Well maybe not the token American! (Terry Gilliam) 

Just joking. You can never have too much of the Flying Circus.  Or any of their movies. 

Holy Grail, Life of Brian, Meaning of life, Live at the Hollywood bowl etc

Quite a cult following esp. for Life of Brian.  He's a very naughty boy! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Come on Felix,  don't knock Monty.... they were/are all very educated individuals. Well maybe not the token American! (Terry Gilliam) 

Just joking. You can never have too much of the Flying Circus.  Or any of their movies. 

Holy Grail, Life of Brian, Meaning of life, Live at the Hollywood bowl etc

Quite a cult following esp. for Life of Brian.  He's a very naughty boy! 

Just ike TLOTR it has affected me my whole life lol!

23 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Just ike TLOTR it has affected me my whole life lol!

To be total honest, I've not watched one episode of LOTR.  Even tho it's a kiwi icon in NZ. 

I think I've taken this away from the OP enough for now. 

On the Russian front of things, I did meet some great pilots and load masters when working in the Middle East (Afghanistan and Iraq).  There was a bit of a language barrier but we understood enough to get by. 

One guy even gave me a damn nice bottle of Russian Vodka as I hopped off his IL76 aircraft in Kandahar.  So there are some good ones about. 

On 3/30/2024 at 2:21 PM, jollyhangmon said:

... utterly & increasingly fisgusting ducks that whole lot, unbelieveable.

Some indication of whom you are referring to is in order.

This news is going to get some posters on here riled up. Imagine the Thais being pals with the Orcs, LOL.

News for the offended, Thailand doesn't give a monkey's for farangs opinions and Russia is no enemy of Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

On 3/31/2024 at 12:47 AM, Phil1964 said:

Culture??

Since when have Soviets understood culture? 

Anything they've got their hands on since 1917 they've usually decimated or destroyed. 

Thailand really is stooping so low these days  that they'll be schmoozing up to the Afghan government's education, tourism and women's rights ministeries next!!

I don't know where you are from, but assuming it's a western country it's likely from a no culture but greed one.

If you want to add up all the destruction they've done since 1917 and all the destruction that the US has done around the world since then, it'd be hard to pick a winner.

• Confused 1

On 3/30/2024 at 6:56 PM, Korat Kiwi said:

I don't think they worry about which country they are from Mike, as long as the dollars or roubles come in big numbers... All is forgiven. 

Since the Vietnam war the Thais don't take sides. I wish the US was like that as we'd have been involved in a lot less destruction around the world.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1