Bangkok and Moscow Strengthen Bilateral Relations and Collaboration

webfact

On 3/30/2024 at 6:52 PM, spidermike007 said:

The Thai government does seem to like and appreciate despot nations, perhaps it's the army influence, but they don't seem to be particularly talented at picking good allies. 

Oh c'mon man, the US has been sucking up to despots for decades. Who put Pinochet in power?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why do all you haters on here think Thailand should be against Russia? You don't have a single reason why Thailand should, and I'll bet not one of you will leave LOS because of it- so where are your principles?

because the BBC and CNN tell them to.  

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/30/2024 at 1:07 PM, Mavideol said:

and that's why the Russians think they can do no wrong, whatever happen there will be no charges, all swept under the rug

Rabid Russian assaults police team in Phuket after going berserk at a city centre hotel

A Russian tourist is facing criminal charges ... ROFL

been quite a few nationalities in the news in recent weeks, not just Russians!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I can understand that Thailand is a small country, in terms of global influence, and they need to keep some semblance of neutrality. By making friends with everyone, hopefully they wont get dragged into a war that doesn't concern them. 

16 minutes ago, Purdey said:

I can understand that Thailand is a small country, in terms of global influence, and they need to keep some semblance of neutrality. By making friends with everyone, hopefully they wont get dragged into a war that doesn't concern them. 

I think the US and Europe should just write off Thailand. Stop thinking they are friendly, when they're partial to China and Russia. Stop giving them trading and FDI incentives. Just allow Thailand to go the way it wants and become a Chinese satellite and Russian ally. That should go for all of what used to be Indochina. Stop thinking Vietnam will ever do anything meaningful to buck its Russian and Chinese backing. Laos is already China plus. And so is Cambodia. That leaves Myanmar. But whomever it is that holds power there will also require Chinese approval. No, the staging point for American resistance to increasing hostile threats from this region should be the Philippines. Marcos has completely turned the country around from Duterte's lunatic ideas. The US should back him to the hilt, militarily and economically. Every US penny going to Thailand or Vietnam needs to be shifted to the Philippines. No more favorable trade and FDI deals. Let Thailand and the rest follow their own starry eyed Chinese destiny.  

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

I think the US and Europe should just write off Thailand. Stop thinking they are friendly, when they're partial to China and Russia. Stop giving them trading and FDI incentives. Just allow Thailand to go the way it wants and become a Chinese satellite and Russian ally. That should go for all of what used to be Indochina. Stop thinking Vietnam will ever do anything meaningful to buck its Russian and Chinese backing. Laos is already China plus. And so is Cambodia. That leaves Myanmar. But whomever it is that holds power there will also require Chinese approval. No, the staging point for American resistance to increasing hostile threats from this region should be the Philippines. Marcos has completely turned the country around from Duterte's lunatic ideas. The US should back him to the hilt, militarily and economically. Every US penny going to Thailand or Vietnam needs to be shifted to the Philippines. No more favorable trade and FDI deals. Let Thailand and the rest follow their own starry eyed Chinese destiny.  

so basically jump to whatever tune the US of Arse plays!, the US have cheated most of their allies in one way or another, or held them to ransom, Go Thailand, op out of the IMF- US BS, bring on BRICS and bye bye US $!! the world will be a better place!

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

so basically jump to whatever tune the US of Arse plays!, the US have cheated most of their allies in one way or another, or held them to ransom, Go Thailand, op out of the IMF- US BS, bring on BRICS and bye bye US $!! the world will be a better place!

I don't know why you're hyperventilating so much. The position of my argument is indeed for Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia to go their own way and follow China. That's their decision. I don't begrudge them doing so. At the same time, I don't know why they would expect the US to maintain a existing trade agreements with them, support FDI, and give them special export exemptions. But the severing I'm talking about is something I'd expect you to like, instead of get all hysterical about. Let Thailand be Thailand and fall completely in China's orbit. I have no objections to them doing so. But they'll need some other country than the US to provide them with the trade surplus they now enjoy that cancels out the trade deficit they have with China.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

I don't know why you're hyperventilating so much. The position of my argument is indeed for Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia to go their own way and follow China. That's their decision. I don't begrudge them doing so. At the same time, I don't know why they would expect the US to maintain a existing trade agreements with them, support FDI, and give them special export exemptions. But the severing I'm talking about is something I'd expect you to like, instead of get all hysterical about. Let Thailand be Thailand and fall completely in China's orbit. I have no objections to them doing so. But they'll need some other country than the US to provide them with the trade surplus they now enjoy that cancels out the trade deficit they have with China.

who's hyperventilating, can i not make a reply to yours?, perhaps you misinterpreted my comment. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Let's not get involved in US politics guys its about Thailand being friendly with Russia a country that has invaded another country that has Raped, butchered, looted on and its way across Ukraine to change it to Russia. Most countries around the world are placing sanctions on Russia/ What does Thailand do? invite their foreign Minister onto Thai soil. Putin and his closest henchmen have been issued with warrants for arrest but not Thailand They are happy having their photos taken with them.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Let's not get involved in US politics guys its about Thailand being friendly with Russia a country that has invaded another country that has Raped, butchered, looted on and its way across Ukraine to change it to Russia. Most countries around the world are placing sanctions on Russia/ What does Thailand do? invite their foreign Minister onto Thai soil. Putin and his closest henchmen have been issued with warrants for arrest but not Thailand They are happy having their photos taken with them.

who are these 'most countries' 

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 02.11.01.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

I'd say there are plenty except the usual suspects like North Korea, iran, etc.

it's only 'western' countries that are lap dogs to the US & UK. about 2/3rds are not against Russia. you guys are all in the msm bubble

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I think you are the one in a bubble Frank if you can't see what Putin and his cohorts are doing in a foreign country.  Most countries in the West see a war criminal when they see one.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

I think you are the one in a bubble Frank if you can't see what Putin and his cohorts are doing in a foreign country.  Most countries in the West see a war criminal when they see one.

why wont the US and Allies sit for peace talks? Putin offered already was all going ahead until Boris Johnson put a stop to it, the war could have been over long time already.
What did Mitch McConnell say, 'fight to the last Ukrainian', from his cushy mansion in the US, Clinton said they should prolong the war to deplete Russias economy... the US & UK politicians & allies, they don't want peace, the Head of Nato even admitted they provoked the situation, but you call Putin a war criminal!  
Same as other members here all baying for blood from the safety of their bar stools and cold Leos while people dying daily.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

why wont the US and Allies sit for peace talks? Putin offered already was all going ahead until Boris Johnson put a stop to it, the war could have been over long time already.
What did Mitch McConnell say, 'fight to the last Ukrainian', from his cushy mansion in the US, Clinton said they should prolong the war to deplete Russias economy... the US & UK politicians & allies, they don't want peace, the Head of Nato even admitted they provoked the situation, but you call Putin a war criminal!  
Same as other members here all baying for blood from the safety of their bar stools and cold Leos while people dying daily.

What a load of nonsense................🤣

Blame everyone except the land grab invader.........😂

You are a Putin apologist, Putin is a criminal, a fact.

You are embarrassing....Franky....... 🤔

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

why wont the US and Allies sit for peace talks?

Because Javelins are $450K a pop, almost tripled and the rest of flying and crawling crap also misteriously getting more and more expensive.
And yes, Black Rock rules. Basically it is a war about money, big money. Nobody cares about "casualties".

PS: buy shares of ex-Raytheon ($RTX) is still a very good idea. 

Edited by NativeBob
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/3/2024 at 12:48 PM, BarraMarra said:

Most countries around the world are placing sanctions on Russia

Yes and look where it's got them. They are all suffering the consequences of their folly, while Russia is doing just fine. And incase you hadn't notices the global south is 100% behind Russia. Only the west have been stupid enough to impose sanctions that don't work.

Edited by CharlieKo
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

While many if not most Asian countries enjoy some degree of trade advantages with the US there remains the reality of the fact that the citizens of the US enjoy the  consumerist addiction to  cheap product and never mind the balance of trade issue .

Recent polls of South East Asians opinion suggest that given the choice a majority would back China ahead of the US despite reservations as to trusting the long term intent of  China's CCP.

It should not be ignored that a significant percentage of SEA country populations are Muslim and the USA has not exactly demonstrated any actions that endears them to  followers of Islam. The Gaza debacle is very much in the awareness of even the Thai population.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/3/2024 at 12:48 PM, BarraMarra said:

Most countries around the world are placing sanctions on Russia.

no, your little western bubble says that.
India, Africa, China, south America, basically 2/3rds of the world, apart from western lackys all trading with Russia and avoiding USA political sanctions, you are living in dream world, Russia is trading more than before, bring on BRICS and the US dollar disappears
do you even know what BRICS is? 

please explain what sanctions are being placed, and by who....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, transam said:

What a load of nonsense................🤣

Blame everyone except the land grab invader.........😂

You are a Putin apologist, Putin is a criminal, a fact.

You are embarrassing....Franky....... 🤔

oh look, here is larry the clown!, his carer has left him unattended at the computer again. t

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, frank83628 said:

oh look, here is larry the clown!, his carer has left him unattended at the computer again. t

I thought you would come up with something like that, because it's all you've got...🤗

You don't like being pointed out that you are an anti....

Be seeing you...:clap2:

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, transam said:

I thought you would come up with something like that, because it's all you've got...🤗

You don't like being pointed out that you are an anti....

Be seeing you...:clap2:

what, Anti war? 

• Confused 2