Any exception to the two a year land crossings?

37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes limit visa exempt via land 2 per calendar year. 

Also never use PoiPet

Why not. I have two last year and one into THailand this year, as well as two outs from Thailand into Cambodia this year, zip zip through

Visa run services in the south seem to somehow be able and bend the 2 times a year limit when crossing with them on Malaysia side, i Believe 3 instead of 2, otherwise it is always 2. Russians and Ukranians also need to stay there for like 3 days before returning.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1

No it won't work.

In 2022, as I was leaving Thailand for Laos, the immigration officer kindly reminded me that I was done for the year and wouldn't be able to re-enter if I tried. So I went to Laos, Cambodia and then Vietnam for the very first time. Anyways... I digress 🙃

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Yagoda said:

US citizen, Cambo long term visa, very convenient for me to zip righ to BKK via Poipet.

But its only two a year exempts, no exceptions, right?

As a resident of Cambodia with a longterm visa there, you MIGHT be able to get a multi-entry tourist visa from the Thai embassy in Phnom Penh.

Actually in my experience exception is made -- or used to be anyhow -- for foreigners actually resident in Cambodia  as evidenced by a long term Cambodian visa and entry/exit stamps. Even at Poipet. 

This info is pre-COVID at which time I often made border entries and observed many expats living in Cambodia being able to  go in & out visa exempt multiple times, some even monthly. A few times the Thai IO, not realizing I had a re-entry permit and seeing it was my 3rd/4th land entry that year,  asked me if I lived in Cambodia. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Actually in my experience exception is made -- or used to be anyhow -- for foreigners actually resident in Cambodia  as evidenced by a long term Cambodian visa and entry/exit stamps. Even at Poipet. 

This info is pre-COVID at which time I often made border entries and observed many expats living in Cambodia being able to  go in & out visa exempt multiple times, some even monthly. A few times the Thai IO, not realizing I had a re-entry permit and seeing it was my 3rd/4th land entry that year,  asked me if I lived in Cambodia. 

Thats what I was looking for. $10 each way to Poipet makes it worth the risk, especially because I could do it just to go to the ATM right outside the crossing, which is why I would want to do multiple crossings anyway. Plus a bit of shopping.

Im not going to do it when I am on a schedule but I might just run to the ATM next week and I will ask the immigration supervisor on duty.

Im the type of tourist the Thais want. Come in, spend money, leave.

1 hour ago, Yagoda said:

Thats what I was looking for. $10 each way to Poipet makes it worth the risk, especially because I could do it just to go to the ATM right outside the crossing, which is why I would want to do multiple crossings anyway. Plus a bit of shopping.

Im not going to do it when I am on a schedule but I might just run to the ATM next week and I will ask the immigration supervisor on duty.

You want to visit Thailand just to go to a Thai ATM? My Thai ATM cards work fine with ATMs in Cambodia, so I'm curious why you would do that.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Caldera said:

You want to visit Thailand just to go to a Thai ATM? My Thai ATM cards work fine with ATMs in Cambodia, so I'm curious why you would do that.

Mine doesnt, last time I tried. Im going to open a USD account in Thaialnd though this winter.

Plus its an excuse. 

6 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Let us know how it goes. And when you reach the IO counter volunteer the info that you are living in Cambodia.