Sunak risks losing seat in election shock poll suggests Tories will be left with 98 MPs

Social Media

22 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You can take it pretty much as you like sunshine, I'm pretty much done with your hectoring, antagonistic, bellowing which spreads like an algae infection over any vaguely political topic on this forum; and frankly makes participating in this forum more of a trial than the pleasure it should be!

I don't have an ignore list, I have this quaint old fashioned "Tory" idea that people should be free to express their opinions, but in your case I am starting to consider an exception.

I also think, and the Moderating team may care to consider this, that you are setting out to bait me.

The point I’m making is, and I’m sorry it distresses you so, supporters of this long failing government have gone through multiple variations of ‘who might save the party’, all have been utter failures.

A rational look at Mordant reveals she’s equally hopeless, strong on speaking, weak on understanding what she’s speaking about and completely out of touch with the key concerns of voters.

She did look the part carrying that sword, and I understand how that might play well to a certain demographic.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

While I would agree that the Tories are behind, a small poll by a pro EU group does not convince me these numbers are very accurate. I wouldn't deny they are trailing significantly though. 

The fact that woeful Labour are the only realistic alternative to a Conservative party that is Conservative in name only sums up why the UK is going down the toilet. Under Labour, it will simply be flushed quicker. My decision to leave back in 2006 looks wiser by the year. 

The only hope now would be for some big hitters in the Conservative party to join Reform UK and for the Conservative party to disband. I don't see that happening. 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, transam said:

I see the lefties are out.............:clap2:

Bring back Boris, though I think Penny Mordaunt would probably make the daily takeaway munchers sit up and doff their caps.........:stoner:..............😂

A woman PM who doesn't even know what a woman is ha ha

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Henryford said:

A woman PM who doesn't even know what a woman is ha ha

Off topic, but I am utterly bewildered as to why so many politicians see this issue as a hill worth dying upon. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

Off topic, but I am utterly bewildered as to why so many politicians see this issue as a hill worth dying upon. 

I think that they may be following the views of their constituents, either through what they see as their duty, or more likely (cynically) because they perceive an electoral advantage. I have very little interest in the whole "trans scene", I have an old friend who had the full monte done a few years ago, it left her looking like she had gone a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson, and as she was in her 50s I am really not sure why she did it. However it is her business, I don't understand it but I accept it. I imagine most people would be content to leave it there. But when we get into "trans women" competing in sports, use of changing facilities and even convicted sex offenders claiming to be transitioning in order to serve sentences in women's prisons, let alone the area of child protection, I and I suspect many others start to take.a dim view. This is perhaps where or why politicians are becoming energised?

I rather agree that it is a somewhat bizarre topic to have become so central, but then UK politics has become quite weird in recent years!

Edited by herfiehandbag

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

I rather agree that it is a somewhat bizarre topic to have become so central, but then UK politics has become quite weird in recent years!

It makes a rather good distraction from over a decade of government failures for those who are easily distracted.

• Agree 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

It makes a rather good distraction from over a decade of government failures for those who are easily distracted.

Just imagine if Labour had been in control, the mayhem, complete with embarrassing  Angela telling folk to flush-off............🤗

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Just imagine if Labour had been in control, the mayhem, complete with embarrassing  Angela telling folk to flush-off............🤗

Feel free to imagine away.

The current mess is all of the Tory’s making.

If being one of the easily distracted you need to imagine stuff to achieve that end, I say give it your best go.

Just don’t expect the rest of us to be taken in by your act.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Feel free to imagine away.

The current mess is all of the Tory’s making.

If being one of the easily distracted you need to imagine stuff to achieve that end, I say give it your best go.

Just don’t expect the rest of us to be taken in by your act.

Not many will be taken in by your Lefty shower, except the takeaway-muncher-smartphone-tattooed crowd...:omfg:

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

I think that they may be following the views of their constituents, either through what they see as their duty, or more likely (cynically) because they perceive an electoral advantage. I have very little interest in the whole "trans scene", I have an old friend who had the full monte done a few years ago, it left her looking like she had gone a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson, and as she was in her 50s I am really not sure why she did it. However it is her business, I don't understand it but I accept it. I imagine most people would be content to leave it there. But when we get into "trans women" competing in sports, use of changing facilities and even convicted sex offenders claiming to be transitioning in order to serve sentences in women's prisons, let alone the area of child protection, I and I suspect many others start to take.a dim view. This is perhaps where or why politicians are becoming energised?

I suspect that Chomper may be right - it's a distraction that is guaranteed to get people riled about (relatively) minor things rather than having them focus on the big, generally more widely impactful things.

The SNP badly lost its way, and a lot of goodwill, by going down this rabbit hole. That other parties, having seen how much harm it's done to the SNP, are willing to go the same way is beyond me.

45 minutes ago, RayC said:

15000 is a relatively large sample size. 

The poll was conducted by Survation. A non-political research company. 

I don't understand why the article mentioned that the organisation commissioning the poll is pro-EU unless they feel that this may introduce bias into the results. If so, they should detail their concerns.

Moreover it’s consistent with polling and by election results over the past two years.

• Like 1