Bus from Pattaya to Hua Hin

MrPancake

6 hours ago, JimTripper said:

How is it more boring then Pattaya if you are not a bar or club person? How are the expats there, social or keep to themselves? or more conservative? Are the Thai's there friendlier then Pattaya? Did you move because you were bored?

Anything else you can offer? Considering moving there. I don't like Pattaya much with all the bars and drinking.

If you don't like bars you'll love H H. Last time I was there ( it may have changed ) the night life was what you have when you don't have a night life.

They had nice restaurants over the water, if they are still there. Otherwise, it was like being in suspended animation- not much going on.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you don't like bars you'll love H H. Last time I was there ( it may have changed ) the night life was what you have when you don't have a night life.

They had nice restaurants over the water, if they are still there. Otherwise, it was like being in suspended animation- not much going on.

The same as Pattaya has had since the 80s... they just got pricier. I liked Pattaya a lot back then, I also preferred being in my 30s rather than knocking on the 70s!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The same as Pattaya has had since the 80s... they just got pricier. I liked Pattaya a lot back then, I also preferred being in my 30s rather than knocking on the 70s!

Why did you prefer the 30's?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

The ferry has shut down.

The train from Hua Hin takes 5 hours just to go to Bangkok.

i think the ferry got closed around covid but from what i saw when i rode it once it was not doing all that great and had very few pax....too bad as it was  lot better than bus or other overland transport...wonder what happened to the boat they used and where it might be now?

10 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Why did you prefer the 30's?

I do hope you are not suggesting the 1930s. 

My 30s seemed an optimum time of life. Good health and fitness and beginning to earn good money...... 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, JimTripper said:

How is it more boring then Pattaya if you are not a bar or club person? How are the expats there, social or keep to themselves? or more conservative? Are the Thai's there friendlier then Pattaya? Did you move because you were bored?

Anything else you can offer? Considering moving there. I don't like Pattaya much with all the bars and drinking.

• Far smaller and less developed than Pattaya. Less options to do things.
  • The city configuration isn't great - a bit like an elongated rectangle. It stretches on both sides of a large road coming down from BKK. Going from one side to the other on foot is a pain in the a$$. By car, things get funny when you need to make a u-turn on the highway (dunno if it qualifies as a highway). Also it makes everything distant.
  • The train station area is currently under dev so it's a mess around there? New train station I believe.
  • Expats are the same as in Pattaya imo. A lot of old people. Some have money, others don't. Less mongers of course.
  • Thais are less friendly than in Pattaya imo. Rougher, less caring. I don't know why. My unverified theory has always been that the mentality there is heavily influence by the fact that they are the royal resort.
  • Bars are divided in 3 areas. Soi Bintabaht is more for tourists, soi 80 is more for expats and Wonderland has always been more or less dead as far as I know.
  • Lack of laundromats in the center. This is a real pain in the butt.
  • I moved to Phuket coz I wanted to enjoy decent beaches and pristine water. Didn't regret it. Hua Hin had become dull to me. It's a bit of a depressing town honestly unless you enjoy slow life.
  • Great immigration office at Blueport. That's really a plus.

It is nice to spend a couple of weeks there and visit the different temples and hilltops. Imo after 6 months you'll get bored. But who knows... You should go visit if you haven't. Best way to figure out if you'd like it there full time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I do hope you are not suggesting the 1930s. 

My 30s seemed an optimum time of life. Good health and fitness and beginning to earn good money...... 

I hope he was being satirical! I understood that you meant age.

My 20's were the optimum time of my life, then I met my partner to be and it started a downward spiral, at least till I left her. My 30's were in no way good for me.

On the other hand, when I discovered Thailand life got a whole lot better.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/4/2024 at 6:08 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I hear there are a lot of expats living there. What do they do if there's nothing going on? Just sit at home??

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I hear there are a lot of expats living there. What do they do if there's nothing going on? Just sit at home??

Yes we are all sitting at home ,just waiting to die.

• Agree 1