Foreigner condemned for driving car on Kamala Beach in Phuket

webfact

1 hour ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Under body salt damage to that vehicle  should be grounds to "Condemn" it. If the driver is not the owner then new vehicle replacement cost should be extracted at a minimum !

Lets get real... this happens all the time around the world where there are beaches... a quick power wash, and Bob's your uncle.  

500k baht and 5 years in jail for driving in the beach compared to burning down their forests in the north amount to 2,000baht fine and no jail time if they are caught where the outcome is millions of citizens are suffering health effects and killing tourism…any outdoor outing sucks when the air is dirty and disgusting…

Learn how to prioritize important issues based on consequences and outcomes not worrying about its cultural image

one idiot driving on the beach…bad image but how much environmental damage and adverse human health being impacted vs the 200-300 intentional first fires every day being observed in CM as well as the same bad behavior occurring in all the northern provinces…a public health emergency that the Thai gov refuses to recognize/declare as a serious disaster event….

that’s what I thought 

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Russian ?  

Probably from your country.  

8 hours ago, Marco51 said:

Chinese as the observers mentioned. Can we please differentiate between farangs and maoists/ putinistas ..................

Wow, you're a piece of work.  You act as if you, or your "homies" are a joy to be around.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Phuket residents and Thai netizens condemned a foreigner for ignoring warnings from lifeguards and vendors and driving a sedan on Kamala Beach.

What's the problem I'm on holiday I can do what I like.

17 hours ago, helloagain said:

Condemned ? What to jail, death? Yes its highly stupid. Pay for repairs, what was the car damaged just for driving on the beach, how so damaged. Yes salt water will not help but a one off, no damage. They need a fine ok, loose points on licence if he or she has a thai license. His been very stupid Yes, if somebody has car reg then can tell who rented it to him, no international license then fine who rented it out as well. Russian, I hope so 555555. 

Children and tourists do not expect a car to be driving at high speed along the beach it is supposed to be a safe place away from traffic and hence are not vigilant. A child could have easily run in front of this idiot and been killed on its way to or from the sea. 50000 baht fine and imprisonment is appropriate 

3 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

It's common to drive on beaches in Australia, albeit not on swimming beaches in cities. I've driven hundreds of kms on beaches and launched boats from the sand scores of times. We use 4wds not Camerys!

Always advisable to try to wash all the salt off even if a preventative coating has been applied underneath. However, it's hard to prevent rust damage in sub frames and wheel arches appearing years later, Best to avoid buying vehicles that have been used this way.

One reason second hand vehicles in countries that de ice roads with salt are not worth much after a shortened safe road life.

Why don't  the authorities want clarification,has anyone even thought about erecting signs in Chinese,English and Thai saying driving on beach is illegal and not allowed.Do people even think forward in Thailand 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, sambum said:

I'm not ken on Russians either, but:-

>> #Phuket police arrested a driver who drove down to Kamala beach Mon. He's not a foreigner as many suspect but a 39-yr-old Thai who wanted his 2 kids to see the beach closely & recorded a video for him. Police charged him with careless driving, which may pose danger to others.

Somebody gave my post above a "Confused" emoticon, but now I am confused!

I was replying to a post that was implying that the culprit was a Russian, and he should be deported and shipped off to the Ukraine:- 

"No doubts , it must be a Russian putinoid:).
Deport these scumbags to Russia. -

their pseudo  tzar Putin is so eager to mobilize them for criminal war in Ukraine!"

My post was merely to point out that the culprit was not a Russian, or other type of foreigner, but Thai!

Edited by sambum

So this jerk is a duel citizen Thai and Chinese by the sounds of it, I do hope he gets a good fine

and has to explain his attitude, especially if the car isw a rental. 

On 4/3/2024 at 8:20 AM, OldmanJ said:

Why don't  the authorities want clarification,has anyone even thought about erecting signs in Chinese,English and Thai saying driving on beach is illegal and not allowed.Do people even think forward in Thailand 

Yea, my wife refused to go to the USA, as the govt signage isn't in Thai script, and a sign like this just wouldn't be able to be understood.  

From the vid, still not seeing how he was "driving careless, which may pose danger to others", as nobody was near the car or had to move.   Though not the most intelligent thing to do.  Beach looking kind of empty where he was, and actually the whole beach is a bit deserted.

Only other person on the beach is the "Karon" tell him not to ... go figure.

image.png.9afce4b649616fb8d0784762aff93780.png

On 4/3/2024 at 7:40 AM, Old Croc said:

It's common to drive on beaches in Australia, albeit not on swimming beaches in cities. I've driven hundreds of kms on beaches and launched boats from the sand scores of times. We use 4wds not Camerys!

New Zealand has some beaches where driving is permitted, and each year there's fatalities as a result, often roll-overs at speed.

This from Oreti Beach, Invercargill, where police were called due to 'disorderly behaviour' on the beach. NZ Police car was  bogged in the incoming tide, abandoned, a write-off 

spacer.png

spacer.png