Foreigner condemned for driving car on Kamala Beach in Phuket

webfact

33 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

From a Thai news on FB the driver was Thai, he wanted to give his kids a better view of 

Edited by gravity101
Found the info. Yes a Thai.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps foreigners should be issued 'beach passports'.... Or rather....     the ONLY foreigner allowed on a beach is you....  because, god forbid, families and children go on to a beach to relax and enjoy themselves.....

Struggling with the concept of humour?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Will B Good said:
11 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps foreigners should be issued 'beach passports'.... Or rather....     the ONLY foreigner allowed on a beach is you....  because, god forbid, families and children go on to a beach to relax and enjoy themselves.....

Struggling with the concept of humour?

Given your last comment, seemingly so...   Obviously, I just struggled understanding your humour as much as you struggled with the attempt at being humorous !!!  :neus:

• Sad 2

46 minutes ago, findlay13 said:

Not a Brit.? they haven't made headlines for awhile

I was thinking the same.

Whoever it was they were probably just sick of the traffic on the Phuket roads. 

He is no dummy.

• Sad 1

Hmm . Pesky foreigners again, tourists this time. It's becoming " a thing" isn't it? I doubt this would be newsworthy in any other country. The miscreants would simply be arrested, charged and fined without fuss. Just close the country to tourists, or even everyone foreign and the glorious Covid emptiness would return. Simples 

Foreigner condemned for driving car on Kamala Beach in Phuket.

What's wrong with driving on the beach, they do that in most countries putting fishing boats and speedboats  in the Ocean with 4 wheel drives and tractors  and they have special tracks for4 wheel drive tours. 

What's so Special about the dirty beaches Here? Not aloud to drive and see the Rubbish?

• Confused 1

I was curious do I did some checking. So the maximum fine for:

Drink and driving after 3rd count is 100K THB

Punch someone then 4K THB.

but drive your car on the beach and it’s 500K THB fine. 
Crazy that I see the jet ski towing cars drive up on the same beach everyday and what then… 

You couldn’t make this up!! 

• Haha 1

Yes, foreigners are causing issues in Phuket at the mo it seems, but the they were invited en-masse, visa free, so the powers there will need to suck it up as this is how some of them behave. Driving a car on the sand is hardly worthy of this kind of over the top blowback even if they are aggressive Russian or Chinese types. Just fine them and be done with it.

• Confused 1

Funny how the title of subject automatically assumes its a foreigner when the KhaoSod reports:

>> #Phuket police arrested a driver who drove down to Kamala beach Mon. He's not a foreigner as many suspect but a 39-yr-old Thai who wanted his 2 kids to see the beach closely & recorded a video for him. Police charged him with careless driving, which may pose danger to others.
  • Like 1

"Driving or parking a car on beaches is prohibited in Thailand both for the safety of motorists and the environmental resources."

So the safety of swimmers and beachcombers is of no concern to the authorities?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Given your last comment, seemingly so...   Obviously, I just struggled understanding your humour as much as you struggled with the attempt at being humorous !!!  :neus:

Okay Mr fun.  Here's the real story. My brother in law is Thai. He is visiting from Daytona Beach. On his way out to Kamala today he asked " remind me what side  they drive on?" I told him the left. Off he went!  It's my fault. I'm sorry. 

7 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Russian ?  

from the Thaiger==== A Thai man who witnessed the incident added that the Chinese tourist did not show any remorse

Russians-Chinese much of the same same, lack of education and respect for others

Edited by Mavideol
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, HampiK said:
7 hours ago, webfact said:

a Thai man faced five years in prison and a fine of up to 500,000 baht for driving on a beach in the southern province of Trang.

IF this fine with the Thai man is true, which I think is too much, then I want to know what will happen to this chinese tourists!

It is true...UP TO B500k and five years, that's the maximum, doesn't say that's the punishment he received.

1 hour ago, Digitalbanana said:

Funny how the title of subject automatically assumes its a foreigner when the KhaoSod reports:

>> #Phuket police arrested a driver who drove down to Kamala beach Mon. He's not a foreigner as many suspect but a 39-yr-old Thai who wanted his 2 kids to see the beach closely & recorded a video for him. Police charged him with careless driving, which may pose danger to others.

Mustn't blame the source on here.

Whats the big deal.   Hasnt everything driven hundreds of miles on the beach?   I sure have.  On the Texas coast the beach is a road.  Amd at least in the past you 

Could drive hundreds of miles  along the coast of Florida.  4WD needed.  

Yes salt is corrosive but lots of cold weather states salt the eiads in snowstorms.   Whats really salty is driving on the Bonneville salt flats.   You see the locals spilling gas ss they fill yp the boats and jet skis.  You see all the grease and oil that leaks out of these long tails. . Look at all those trashy boat trailers.  Thailand beaches are a piss hole. 

1 hour ago, Karlik Pu said:

No doubts , it must be a Russian putinoid:).
Deport these scumbags to Russia. -

their pseudo  tzar Putin is so eager to mobilize them for criminal war in Ukraine!

I'm not ken on Russians either, but:-

>> #Phuket police arrested a driver who drove down to Kamala beach Mon. He's not a foreigner as many suspect but a 39-yr-old Thai who wanted his 2 kids to see the beach closely & recorded a video for him. Police charged him with careless driving, which may pose danger to others.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

from the Thaiger==== A Thai man who witnessed the incident added that the Chinese tourist did not show any remorse

Russians-Chinese much of the same same, lack of education and respect for others

>> #Phuket police arrested a driver who drove down to Kamala beach Mon. He's not a foreigner as many suspect but a 39-yr-old Thai who wanted his 2 kids to see the beach closely & recorded a video for him. Police charged him with careless driving, which may pose danger to others.

Plus, the "Thaiger" quote is about a totally different incident!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, gravity101 said:

Mustn't blame the source on here.

2 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

So will AN be issuing an apology for defaming foreigners? Thought not!

2 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Under body salt damage to that vehicle  should be grounds to "Condemn" it. If the driver is not the owner then new vehicle replacement cost should be extracted at a minimum !

What brand of car is all bare metal......?....🤔