Foreigner condemned for driving car on Kamala Beach in Phuket

webfact

A lot of jet ski opors are going to have problems getting their tuff off the beach if they can't take their pickups on the beach.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What about the salt water on the car? Thanks, 

nothing will rust after a few minutes drive in shallow salt water 

• Agree 1

Thai motorcyclists, loads of them, on Hua Hin beaches every day.............again........double standards.

I think Thailand needs to take a look in the mirror sometimes, ask themselves.........what do they see?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, jacknorman said:

one more of your beloved Chinese

The reference to a Chinese national was in relation to a SIMILAR incident that occurred some time ago. Not this incident.

it clearly says so in the article.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

What about the salt water on the car? Thanks, 

Well not sure about cars but a salt (human) body scrub is quite invigorating. I was offered this at a spa in Ho Chi Minh City, I imagined that it might 'rough up' human skin and be painful but the Spa owner assured me that's not true.

It was quite pleasant, not painful in any way, my skin was much clearer and smooth and I didn't ongoing get any rust development.  

The rental company would have been thrilled to see its vehicle driven in salt water, it's a pretty safe bet any bond or security deposit won't be refunded.

Very lucky they did not get bogged, with the tide coming in.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Foreigner condemned for driving car on Kamala Beach in Phuket"

Rather harsh, surely just a fine would have been more appropriate?

I think that, faced with a ThB 500,000 fine some would choose condemation. 😀

1 minute ago, neverere said:

Turns out he is Thai.

Outside of the media outlets trying to bait and trigger people in to cliking the story....        the issue is still that a complete moron was driving on a beach in an area where people are resting, kids are playing and theoretically safe from these di<kheads.... 

Driver needs a serious fine - whatever his nationality. 

• Agree 2

I”d be quite happy with machine-gun nests posted every so often along the beach wall……cars, drunken foreigners, people playing music, those stupid wooden bat and ball games, llarge tourist groups following a flag, people playing football….….blow them all away.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Will B Good said:

I”d be quite happy with machine-gun nests posted every so often along the beach wall……cars, drunken foreigners, people playing music, those stupid wooden bat and ball games, llarge tourist groups following a flag, people playing football….….blow them all away.

Perhaps foreigners should be issued 'beach passports'.... Or rather....     the ONLY foreigner allowed on a beach is you....  because, god forbid, families and children go on to a beach to relax and enjoy themselves.....

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1