Wifey Into Menopause

I have a question about helping wife and her menopause-problem which is: she is gaining weight,

She is Isaan, of course they are gaining weight, but this is a bit too much for her.

I do not know how to help her more than to find a doctor or a hospital who can advise her about weightloss. problem is NOT food, she is eating like she always has, but still gaining weight. She is in june only 49, seems to be a pity to start to be too "big" at such an age.

You guys can you recommend please any hospital or doctors in and around Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen or Khorat-area, that would be highly appreciated by me.

Thank you

Glegolo

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

I have a question about helping wife and her menopause-problem which is: she is gaining weight,

She is Isaan, of course they are gaining weight, but this is a bit too much for her.

I do not know how to help her more than to find a doctor or a hospital who can advise her about weightloss. problem is NOT food, she is eating like she always has, but still gaining weight. She is in june only 49, seems to be a pity to start to be too "big" at such an age.

You guys can you recommend please any hospital or doctors in and around Chaiyaphum, Khon Kaen or Khorat-area, that would be highly appreciated by me.

Thank you

Glegolo

I don't think menopausal weight gain is inevitable and I don't think  doctor can help much (other than put her on Hormone Replacement Therapy, if that's what she wants).

My wife has gone through the menopause but is the same weight as when I met her about 13 years ago - slim and fit and looks better than most 30 year olds.  Partly its likely lucky genetics, but she is very very active (always exercises at least 2 hours a day) and always moving around doing something. She also eats very healthily - Isaan food but very little sugar, a lot of vegetables, chicken and fish, not too much rice.  Mentally she is very stable and not moody at all - so I think diet and exercise helps with that too. I think basically we all know what to do to stay fit and a healthy weight - move more, eat less and avoid all the sugary and fatty stuff, alcohol etc. That is probably all a doctor can tell you - other than prescribing HRT, which is another subject.

Edited by HauptmannUK
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

she is gaining weight

Is that a problem for her or for you?

If it is a problem for her then I am sure she will be motivated to try to avoid that.

If it is a problem for you then the only thing you can try to do is motivate her. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

He does not mention mood swings just weight gain.

The first thing I would do is get a thyroid panel (blood test). Not uncommon for women to become hypothyroid as they get older. 

I suggest she see an endocrinologist at KKU Hospital. 

Love you Sheryl, many thanks and will of course follow your advice.

Glegolo

13 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

Thank you

Glegolo

Obviously it's an hormone issue which should be tested by urine or blood.

14 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

Thank you

Glegolo

Her body is changing. The way it processes foods is changing and that is causing her to gain weight. You need to tell her to exercise and diet or those extra kg will stay. She does not need hormone shots or anything else. This is a natural thing to happen when getting older. How she reacts to it and what she does to stop getting fatter is something she needs to work on. Whatever you do, keep telling her she is sexy and desirable haha.. otherwise when the last stages of menopause hits, her sexual desires will be met with someone younger haha..

over 40, people don't need breakfast

learn to intermittent fast,  stop snacking, avoid junk, don't sit in the sofa for hours, eat green veggies, cut the rice, soda's, ...

but it is difficult and most people want to take pills from a doctor

then actually live more healthy

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Gaining weight won't be the only problem, sudden mood swings can cause some issues too.

Time to trade her in for a new model.My philipina wifes menapause was 10 years of hell for me !!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, wavodavo said:

Time to trade her in for a new model.My philipina wifes menapause was 10 years of hell for me !!

Women do that to men also, when men stop exercising, eating the same as they always did (which doesn't help as you age), and don't understand what a woman goes through as they age, nor doesn't care.

20 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

Thank you

Glegolo

"Only" 49 is quite a few years past the young stage where the body burns more with the heightened level of movement or exercise one does. Everyone slows down. I was ripped from age 17 to over 50, and started putting on a little fat even though I ate exactly the same and still worked out with weights 4x a week. Now I need to keep the carbs down (here of course it's the rice) because your body has to burn stored sugar before it can burn stored fat. That's why the Keto works, but I wouldn't suggest it very long term. Keeping active the older you get is always a first priority, although as you age your hormone levels drop and you find yourself doing less. Supporting her is the best thing you can do, as some have said, commenting on how good she looks, without getting to the point where she knows you're fibbing. Doing things physical together, besides the obvious. You obviously love and care for her, from what you're asking, so ignore the morons who tell you to trade in. They don't love women nor understand how, but use them, and that always backfires when they inevitably age and have to start paying.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

Thank you

Glegolo

Is her weight gain worrying her or worrying you?

Edited by scorecard

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

"\ Now I need to keep the carbs down (here of course it's the rice) because your body has to burn stored sugar before it can burn stored fat. That's why the Keto works, but I wouldn't suggest it very long term. Keeping active the older you get is always a first priority, 

you're born into this world in ketosis  ..   Keto works !       Keto-vore is even better ...      Carnivore is even better than that   10-15-20 years no problem !

22 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

you're born into this world in ketosis  ..   Keto works !       Keto-vore is even better ...      Carnivore is even better than that   10-15-20 years no problem !

Actually the best "diet" is omnivore, using eggs, fish, meat, chicken and dairy (if not intolerant) as protein sources. Complex and simple carbs, salads, sweet potato, rice, whole grains, are necessary for gut health. Been there, done it 50 years plus, only problems were after coming here with spoiled meat, heavy spices and too much rice, now avoided. Anyone who tells you we are carnivores and the Keto is good long term isn't someone who knows much but listens to some that sound right to him, or it worked awhile and they think it's good to continue. It isn't. Just one of many who agree.............

The carnivore diet can lead to an increased risk of developing heart disease because it prioritizes foods that are high in saturated fat, such as fatty steaks, which can elevate cholesterol levels, Arsenault says. Meanwhile, eliminating fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts and seeds could increase your risk.Jan 9, 2567 BE
Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Sheryl said:

He does not mention mood swings just weight gain.

The first thing I would do is get a thyroid panel (blood test). Not uncommon for women to become hypothyroid as they get older. 

I suggest she see an endocrinologist at KKU Hospital. 

A lot if Women here suffer from it 

14 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Eating the same as her body is changing will certainly result in weight change.

For what it's worth, I was 115k-120k five years ago. I began following the Keto lifestyle and quickly lost all the extra pounds easily! I've maintained my weight at 72k now for the past four years, without sacrificing my eating pleasures or feeling particularly deprived of foods. Never hungry, that's for sure.
Keto isn't for everyone. But for those of us who can, it's an overall (not just weight) win, with the reduction of inflamation caused by eating the 'wrong' foods. That's something everyone can feel with Keto after just a few weeks!

Keto1.jpg

There is no diet that helps!

My thai wife apon reaching menopause has decided to go sky diving with

Thank you for booking your skydive experience with Black Knights Parachute Centre. The adventure starts right here! 

Your arrival time is 13:00 on  April 4th, 2024

To view your reservation detail please visit View Booking

any one know a good life insurance company?

Tell her you want a divorce, she'll lose weight real quick... 😜

Seriously though- my gf gained quite a bit in the last few months and she's unrecognizable. When I met her she was skinny 45kg, now she's 60kg. She asked me before if I would leave her if she got fat - I said yes - that's not the only reason but I'm planning my exit strategy already.

2 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Tell her you want a divorce, she'll lose weight real quick... 😜

Seriously though- my gf gained quite a bit in the last few months and she's unrecognizable. When I met her she was skinny 45kg, now she's 60kg. She asked me before if I would leave her if she got fat - I said yes - that's not the only reason but I'm planning my exit strategy already.

😂😂😂😂😂

Try cutting the monthly allowance!

🤔