Wifey Into Menopause

On 4/3/2024 at 9:06 AM, newbee2022 said:

Obviously it's an hormone issue which should be tested by urine or blood.

Not quite.. Blood tests for certain hormones are not accurate. Saliva test is preferable but theres an entrenched business system to overcome.

29 minutes ago, Jing Joe said:

Not quite.. Blood tests for certain hormones are not accurate. Saliva test is preferable but theres an entrenched business system to overcome.

Explain blood tests for certain hormones is not accurate?

56 minutes ago, Jing Joe said:

No! I mentioned blood and urine. End of

10 minutes ago, Jing Joe said:

Just the start of a huge subject and dont believe any doctor that says
"Provera" is Progesterone when H.R.T. is suggested.

https://www.johnleemd.com/saliva-hormone-testing.html

Hormones fluctuates a great deal during the day, but if out of normal spec, there will be indications, and checked in the morning fasting over a few days, can give a good picture of her levels.

If she have menopause, hormone therapy can be of great help. I wouldn't hesitate to check out with a good anti aging clinic. 

BKK hospital anti aging clinic have been very good for me, and never suggested anything else than I needed. 

Edited by Hummin

On 4/2/2024 at 4:10 PM, glegolo18 said:

problem is NOT food, she is eating like she always has, but still gaining weight

Her body is changing.  As you get older your metabolism slows.  Happens to men and women.  So her eating the same as she always has doesn't mean a lot.  She likely needs to start eating less, as we all do as we age, and getting more exercise.

43 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Her body is changing.  As you get older your metabolism slows.  Happens to men and women.  So her eating the same as she always has doesn't mean a lot.  She likely needs to start eating less, as we all do as we age, and getting more exercise.

It is not a metabolism problem, the problem most are not using the body as much as we used to, and not to forget the brain, which is a great consumer of energy if you se it to learn new things, solve problems, etc, which again leads to lower metabolism. 

Edit note, it doesnt start as a metabolism problem, the lower metabolism is a result of we move less, diet, how we use our brain, sleeping pattern, stress,,,,, 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7695180/

Edited by Hummin

What an amazing in depth study of the brain Hummin provided, but is totally unrelated to the cessation of the ovaries at menopause as per the studies in the links I provided above and it's  mainly about hormonal unbalance.       JingJoe.

8 minutes ago, Jing Joe said:

What an amazing in depth study of the brain Hummin provided, but is totally unrelated to the cessation of the ovaries at menopause as per the studies in the links I provided above and it's  mainly about hormonal unbalance.       JingJoe.

Everything has its place and are connected. We can delay age, we can maintain a great metabolism longer if we continue maintaining our mental and physical health as we did when younger. Hormones very depends on diets, sun, physical activity, happiness (mental training) 

I'm not going to preach, each and one for itself