Car bursts into flames in Thailand from dry tissues and toothpicks

webfact

1 minute ago, Georgealbert said:

So as expected, nothing of relevance to add to the thread, which I would remind you, is about suspected concentrated, sun rays setting fire to combustibles in a car.

i would suggest a basic knowledge of fire and fire investigation would be a benefit, to making a constructive comment, rather trying to hide your ignorance by using emojis .

Please note this thread is not about EVs, or how to deal with EV fires, so I suggest it is you that is off topic. I also suggested you do your own resource, as you knowledge, training and experience is so limited, it would take pages to get you to understand the real facts.

Have a good day.

If you can't answer my simple question, then just don't reply..........:coffee1:

Oh, and back-off the insults just because you think you are some sort of expert..🤔

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

If you can't answer my simple question, then just don't reply..........:coffee1:

Oh, and back-off the insults just because you think you are some sort of expert..🤔

55555 insults, really?

So you’re thinned skinned, but seem happy to throw abuse at others, as often seen in the pension threads.

Each UK fire service, do risk assessments and operational procedures on all hazards and risks. I provided a link to a generic example above, which includes EVs.

If you let me know what your knowledge is of the fire tetrahedron, I could give you some basic information on how offensive and defensive firefighting strategies, are formulated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Georgealbert said:

55555 insults, really?

So you’re thinned skinned, but seem happy to throw abuse at others, as often seen in the pension threads.

Each UK fire service, do risk assessments and operational procedures on all hazards and risks. I provided a link to a generic example above, which includes EVs.

If you let me know what your knowledge is of the fire tetrahedron, I could give you some basic information on how offensive and defensive firefighting strategies, are formulated.

Pension threads.............................:unsure:

I see you are a "new" boy here.....:whistling:........perhaps you're not so new, eh...:ninja:

Why do you keep asking me about firefighters info, is that to show us you know it all because it was your job...

Sunbeam, you can't even tell us in your own words about EV fires, you use Google........🤭

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Pension threads.............................:unsure:

I see you are a "new" boy here.....:whistling:........perhaps you're not so new, eh...:ninja:

Why do you keep asking me about firefighters info, is that to show us you know it all because it was your job...

Sunbeam, you can't even tell us in your own words about EV fires, you use Google........🤭

5555 more total irrelevance, so now you are just trolling, and still embarrassing yourself by using emojis, when you are unable to offer anything constructive.

This thread is not about EVs, but it does show that you have zero knowledge about what you’re posting. It is impossible to educate anyone who lets their arrogance hid their ignorance, and just chooses to follow their own agenda.

Bye, I am out of this nonsense, please politely go and stalk someone else.

2 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

5555 more total irrelevance, so now you are just trolling, and still embarrassing yourself by using emojis, when you are unable to offer anything constructive.

This thread is not about EVs, but it does show that you have zero knowledge about what you’re posting. It is impossible to educate anyone who lets their arrogance hid their ignorance, and just chooses to follow their own agenda.

Bye, I am out of this nonsense, please politely go and stalk someone else.

I ask a question from a purported expert, and I am trolling.........😝

30 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Great video.

People often don’t realise that if you leave a cheap lighter in direct sunlight, you risk a BLEVE (boiling liquid expanding vapour explosion), because the lighter contains both liquid and gas, and when heated the liquid will produce more gas, which will expand and cause higher pressure, and if any weakness in the plastic body it can lead to an explosion. Little chance of a fire as the BLEVE is caused by heat from the sunlight and it would require an ignition source to start a fire.

If anyone does not believe it, please go out and put your lighter on the car dash in direct sunlight, I accept no responsibility for any damage if anyone is stupid enough to try.

2 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Great video.

People often don’t realise that if you leave a cheap lighter in direct sunlight, you risk a BLEVE (boiling liquid expanding vapour explosion), because the lighter contains both liquid and gas, and when heated the liquid will produce more gas, which will expand and cause higher pressure, and if any weakness in the plastic body it can lead to an explosion. Little chance of a fire as the BLEVE is caused by heat from the sunlight and it would require an ignition source to start a fire.

If anyone does not believe it, please go out and put your lighter on the car dash in direct sunlight, I accept no responsibility for any damage if anyone is stupid enough to try.

I believe it, and am not silly enough to do it, not even in the yard...😉

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/6/2024 at 12:57 PM, Ralf001 said:

He know how to tart up a car with shiny crap from China !

Tell me which parts were from China, you have had plenty of time to research.

I am waiting, Ralfy.......😘

On 4/6/2024 at 8:36 AM, Georgealbert said:

So as expected, nothing of relevance to add to the thread, which I would remind you, is about suspected concentrated, sun rays setting fire to combustibles in a car.

The sun's rays coming in through the vehicle's windows, and nothing more, do not get focused enough to set the interior, or it's contents, on fire.  Obviously, if it did, millions of cars in Thailand would be bursting into flames on a daily basis as they all have the same type of glass glass.

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The sun's rays coming in through the vehicle's windows, and nothing more, do not get focused enough to set the interior, or it's contents, on fire.  Obviously, if it did, millions of cars in Thailand would be bursting into flames on a daily basis as they all have the same type of glass glass.

Yes agree, but I never said it does.

What I said was “suspected concentrated, sun rays”, and there is not enough details in the report to tell us what was inside the car, that focused the suns rays to cause the fire.

The report states, “origin of the fire was traced back to the rear seat where he had stored dry tissues and toothpicks”, I suspect the focusing of the suns rays would have been caused by something like a bottle, glasses, sun glasses or any other reflective object, left in the car, which is not reported in the article. That would have focused the suns rays onto the combustibles, hence causing the fire. Which is also a rare and unlucky incident.

If you don’t believe that possible, can you please tell us your suspected cause of the fire?

Edited by Georgealbert