Thai government plans 7% VAT on imported goods from May

webfact

So does this mean every time I order supplements from the US, which I do regularly,  I will now have to waste time going to the post office and waiting in line to pay this idiotic tax? 

No problem, as I will only be in the LOS (Land of Stupidity) for another 3 months as I move on to a more hospitable environment.   The best part of Thailand for many should be leaving it and that's exactly what I plan on doing. 

Same as in EU, they also decided that way, only we pay 21%.("my country")

Wouldnt be surprised, EU give them that advice.

The whole tax/ visa affaire started after a EU delegation had been in Thailand for "talks".

What a lot of BS, it will cost more to implement this system and collect it than they will make. I recently imported 2kg of blueberry concentrate which is in powder form, I got charged THB 3,500 duty and taxes which means Thailand charges 30% import duty on food. Most countries dont have import taxes on food, just GST or VAT. So that probably means from now on parcels coming via Thai Post office from outside the country will require a trip to the PO to collect your goods.  They must be getting desperate for revenue!