Allegedly Intoxicated British Man on Motorbike Crashes Into Pattaya Taxi Injures Two Girls

snoop1130

40 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Could not see where it said he was a Scouser. Nobody wearing helmets. Three on a bike. Pi55ed falang = big problems all round 

The article didn't say. I've seen his passport (which was posted on a private Pattaya group).

Edited by soi3eddie

46 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Its not "just like alcohol" at all   it is totally different

So you are saying that it is safe to drive after taking cannabis. And it does not compromise alertness and driving skill🤣😂🤣😂🤣

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Another foreigner who should not have entered the country.

I hope this man will be seen behind bars and will not be allowed to enter Thailand again. Also he has to pay compensation.🙏

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

Drunk old fool, retirement visa?

You could perhaps read the full article:

Ashton James Ellison, a 39-year-old British man

I only read the post made by the OP, which mentioned no age but had a blurred out pic of a dude with grey hair. I didn't click through to the article.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

I only read the post made by the OP, which mentioned no age but had a blurred out pic of a dude with grey hair. I didn't click through to the article.

The OP actually says he's 35....he ages quickly.

22 minutes ago, RobU said:

So you are saying that it is safe to drive after taking cannabis. And it does not compromise alertness and driving skill🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Learn to read,   I said its not like alcohol at all  it's totally different.   

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, mancub said:

The OP actually says he's 35....he ages quickly.

That was the motorbike taxi driver's age. There was no age listed of the foreigner in the OP's 1st post.

Edited by bbi1

11 hours ago, Sigmund said:

These issues involving foreigners are increacing ever since cannabis became legal. Not to mention the other harsher drugs available in the black market!! (no puns). Allowing the free sale of cannabis has attracted all the junkies from the west to Thailand.

With your forum name and that comment your no Sigmund Freud

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Looks like a grey nomad from the blurred picture. Charge & deport the drunk old fool, ban him for 5 years and cancel his retirement visa. Seems every day it's the grey old nomads making the news for the wrong reason.

Grey nomad? Is that what the retirees are known as? I’m 69, married to the same Irish woman this last 47 years and living in Hua Hin  for the last 13 of them. Grey nomad my backside.  This fella on the scooter just a drunk young buck. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

it was reported that Ashton, who was receiving treatment at the hospital, allegedly attempted to flee from the hospital when doctors were not paying attention and was immediately taken into Pattaya City police custody.

Typical. If they cant talk their way out they will try do a runner.

Next will be a GOFUNDME.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Learn to read,   I said its not like alcohol at all  it's totally different.   

You also need to learn to read and comprehend. I said that it depressed alertness alcohol also depressed alertness the mechanism for the depression may be different but the result is the same. Thus Just like alcohol taking cannabis results in a depressed alertness. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RobU said:

You also need to learn to read and comprehend. I said that it depressed alertness alcohol also depressed alertness the mechanism for the depression may be different but the result is the same. Thus Just like alcohol taking cannabis results in a depressed alertness. 

But the result is not the same, far from it,  How much cannabis have you actually smoked?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, killala said:

Grey nomad? Is that what the retirees are known as? I’m 69, married to the same Irish woman this last 47 years and living in Hua Hin  for the last 13 of them. Grey nomad my backside.  This fella on the scooter just a drunk young buck. 

And now your CV please! 😄

3 minutes ago, Goat said:

From what I have seen I would say 90% of Brits in Pattaya who drink and have a vehicle will drive drunk.

Only went once to Pattaya many years ago. Never again . There must be so many better places to live . Phuket no better in my eyes.

But for those that do live in these places , go out get drunk fall over , bothers me not a jot.

1 hour ago, 1happykamper said:

Old, drunk white guy and driving drunk.Then crashes and hurts others. So pathetic. What a sad sack of manure. 

What does his age (39) or colour of his skin matter?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

Its not "just like alcohol" at all   it is totally different

Yes, slow motion, before you fall asleep. That doesn't sound dangerous,

but your reaction ability is far down from normal the level.

1 minute ago, toofarnorth said:

Only went once to Pattaya many years ago. Never again . There must be so many better places to live . Phuket no better in my eyes.

But for those that do live in these places , go out get drunk fall over , bothers me not a jot.

It is not the drunkeness.  

It is all the locals that end up up injured because they are unable to control their vehicles while drunk and on the road.

I dont care if people drink either.

Phuket is slightly better than Pattaya as it is a whole island, not just a city.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Looks like a grey nomad from the blurred picture. Charge & deport the drunk old fool, ban him for 5 years and cancel his retirement visa. Seems every day it's the grey old nomads making the news for the wrong reason.

39 year old grey nomad. ROTFLOL

7 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Yes, slow motion, before you fall asleep. That doesn't sound dangerous,

but your reaction ability is far down from normal the level.

Speaking from experience are we?

4 minutes ago, 1happykamper said:

Seriously.. The guy in the photo is only 39? He looks much older 

His face is pixelated  out   how on earth can you tell how old he looks sherlock?   

5 hours ago, spermwhale said:

THat's pretty funny, but it's irrelevant where the taxi was taking his passengers. It has nothing to do with the drunk brit breaking the law.  

"Alleged". So, why not wait for the results of the tests?
I'd reckon an Alcohol, and drug test on both parties would be nothing more as justified.
I've heard, not all the Motorbike Taxi drivers are saints.

From the headline:- "British motorist causes severe accident in Pattaya."

From the article:- "At 3:16 AM, on April 4th, 2024, Pattaya City police received an accident report of a foreigner who was allegedly intoxicated on a motorbike"

Does nobody check these articles before they go to print?

36 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

But the result is not the same, far from it,  How much cannabis have you actually smoked?

Obviously not as much as you since you seem to think that cannabis abusers are morally superior to alcohol abusers and it has no effect on driving capability. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, timendres said:

Yeah. It wouldn't have anything to do with the number of incoming tourists jumping to the millions.

Agree.

Only a gutter would help.

The good ones IN and the bad ones OUT.😁

(probably most would queuing outside?)

• Sad 1