Allegedly Intoxicated British Man on Motorbike Crashes Into Pattaya Taxi Injures Two Girls

snoop1130

Its not uncommon for bar girls to visit the temple at 3 or 4 in the morning, i had one leave my hotel about 4am and returned a couple of hours later with a tattoo / etching of a temple down the back of neck and upper back.

19 hours ago, Sigmund said:

These issues involving foreigners are increacing ever since cannabis became legal. Not to mention the other harsher drugs available in the black market!! (no puns). Allowing the free sale of cannabis has attracted all the junkies from the west to Thailand.

The Brit was DRUNK!  He was not high on cannabis, he was drunk on alcohol.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Sigmund said:

These issues involving foreigners are increacing ever since cannabis became legal. Not to mention the other harsher drugs available in the black market!! (no puns). Allowing the free sale of cannabis has attracted all the junkies from the west to Thailand.

Have another beer , will ya 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Sigmund said:

The guy doesn't look like a weed user to me. Your claim is nonsense anyway and totally devoid of any evidence.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/4/2024 at 9:04 PM, bbi1 said:

Looks like a grey nomad from the blurred picture. Charge & deport the drunk old fool, ban him for 5 years and cancel his retirement visa. Seems every day it's the grey old nomads making the news for the wrong reason.

On 4/4/2024 at 9:04 PM, bbi1 said:

Looks like a grey nomad from the blurred picture. Charge & deport the drunk old fool, ban him for 5 years and cancel his retirement visa. Seems every day it's the grey old nomads making the news for the wrong reason.

39 can’t have a retirement visa

17 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I have no idea where you get your ideas from,  Nowhere have I said that cannabis users are superior in any way to drinkers of alcohol, Neither have I said that cannabis has no effect on driving capability    

I personally do not consider the use of either to be an "abuse"   so there is another word which you have introduced to suit your own agenda, whatever that may be.

I have no issues about being quoted but I do object to people telling me what "i seem to think" based on nothing but their own deeply flawed "logic"

So to avoid me falling into the same trap,answer the question,  How much cannabis have you personally smoked, no need to be exact , lets make it easy for you,   A) None  B) a few puffs C) a whole joint D ) 10 joints, E) 100's of joints  F) 1000's of joints

Subjective opinion like yours is irrelevant since alcohol abusers also state how well much it does not affect them. How much cannabis I have taken is irrelevant, subjective experience is always skewed just ask any alcoholic. Objective observation is that cannabis users and alcohol users both have cognitive faculties impaired which includes levels of alertness. Therefore l, as I said originally, cannabis users levels of alertness are impaired just like alcohol users. It's been fun sparring with you but I think this aspect of the topic is exhausted. I'll leave the last word to you. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

After all these years, you are still unfamiliar with regular Thai temple hours?

Oh I don't know about that. I live near one and get to hear their wake up calls etc.......

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

for long stay visas 

I had to supply a Federal Police clearance for my O-A (At high cost).

However, I believe most of the criminal element coming into Thailand currently are entering visa exempt with stays of up to 90 days.

Insisting on police clearances for all tourists would not be practical IMO.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I was actually agreeing with you,

OK.

Be warned, agreeing with one of my sarcastic posts could expose you to the same flood of confused emoji posters I attract.

10 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Being a lame POTY won't save you if you have a criminal record

Sorry, like most of your writings, what are you talking about.......🤔

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I had to supply a Federal Police clearance for my O-A (At high cost).

However, I believe most of the criminal element coming into Thailand currently are entering visa exempt with stays of up to 90 days.

Insisting on police clearances for all tourists would not be practical IMO.   

Exactly! Most of those one track minded "crusaders" just don't get it.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RobU said:

Subjective opinion like yours is irrelevant since alcohol abusers also state how well much it does not affect them. How much cannabis I have taken is irrelevant, subjective experience is always skewed just ask any alcoholic. Objective observation is that cannabis users and alcohol users both have cognitive faculties impaired which includes levels of alertness. Therefore l, as I said originally, cannabis users levels of alertness are impaired just like alcohol users. It's been fun sparring with you but I think this aspect of the topic is exhausted. I'll leave the last word to you. 

Well said.

As I mentioned in other posts before (to some people "confusing"?), the discussion, about the different impact of alcohol, or Cannabis is obsolete, in the context of DUI.

The lobbying of users for "their" substance is understandable.

The rules will be changed. Its already in the pipe, on a not too small demand.

At the moment, the public is distracted by another campaign.

Btw, the recreational use of Cannabis in public, is already against the law, and currently a matter of "tolerance" in a "grey zone", incl. the content of THC in sold weed.

To me personally, the stench of weed at any corner, and many venues, is not my favourite, and surely not a "comfort" to many other people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Well said.

As I mentioned in other posts before (to some people "confusing"?), the discussion, about the different impact of alcohol, or Cannabis is obsolete, in the context of DUI.

The lobbying of users for "their" substance is understandable.

The rules will be changed. Its already in the pipe, on a not too small demand.

At the moment, the public is distracted by another campaign.

Btw, the recreational use of Cannabis in public, is already against the law, and currently a matter of "tolerance" in a "grey zone", incl. the content of THC in sold weed.

To me personally, the stench of weed at any corner, and many venues, is not my favourite, and surely not a "comfort" to many other people.

Thanks for your support. I note that passive smoking where non smokers inhale the cigarette smoke is tending to be a a big deal, I don't understand why passive smoking/inhalation of cannabis isn't. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 4/5/2024 at 5:21 AM, spermwhale said:

THat's pretty funny, but it's irrelevant where the taxi was taking his passengers. It has nothing to do with the drunk brit breaking the law.  

Yes, where isn't relevant. But it's relevant what the Taxi driver did, and if he was (proved) sober when the accident happened.
To take 2 Passengers, and no helmets is also against the law, when you mention it, like all those other “crusaders” inflationary using the term here.

• Confused 1

On 4/5/2024 at 1:12 PM, jonclark said:

But this is a minor road accident - not worthy of deportation - like taking a hammer to kill a fly tbh. 

I never mentioned deporting anyone......🤗

Much of the bird sh** farang dross that used to wash up on Pattayas shores in the early 2000's have either died off or been priced out. But there's still some that can afford a 2 week holiday 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/5/2024 at 2:49 AM, webfact said:

He explained to the rescue teams that while making a U-turn to park at Wat Chai, the black motorbike crashed into them at the rear at high speed.

he (m bike taxi )  make a u-turn so is at fault.   but he's a thai so the farang Must be at fault. Other witness ( thais ) say he was speeding .  The thai never drive fast, always save and relaxing. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Much of the bird sh** farang dross that used to wash up on Pattayas shores in the early 2000's have either died off or been priced out. But there's still some that can afford a 2 week holiday 

Quite a few work through summer and make a bundle... then winter here.... know a few retirees who come straight after Christmas until spring. 

• Agree 1