Anutin urges Phuket officials to get tough with foreign offenders

webfact

4 hours ago, sandrew33 said:

You been in a Western Country recently mate? 

As an aside, everyone should be treated equally under the law, so if a foreigner commits an actual offence then they should be punished but they should also be treated fairly under the law and not subject to prejudice and presumptions of guilt. All of which is above Anutins head as he just likes to go on occasional parochial rants to distract from his own myriad failings 🙂 

"All of which is above Anutins head as he just likes to go on occasional parochial rants to distract from his own myriad failings 🙂"

Anutin  is well known for his views on foreigners, ever since one refused his offer of a mask during Covid - and walked away without bowing! 🙂 I believe he said "dirty unwashed foreigners" were the reason that Covid was in Thailand?

I think his latest tirade against foreigners is not totally unjustified, but IMHO he is "seething inwardly" because of the PM's recent public lambasting of the use of cannabis, inasmuch as he said "it was going to be the downfall of the country" (or words to that effect), so Anutin is venting his anger on "foreigners behaving badly". Poor old Anutin, after he has spent so much time promoting its use, and got so much money tied up in the widespread production and marketing of "weed" only for his "boss" to publicly denounce its use! Shame, really! 🤣🤣🤣 Can you just imagine his actions if he was PM? Scary! 

Anyway, is it just coincidence that this outbreak of bad behaviour just seems to be happening since the "visa free" scheme was put in place? (Som nam na!)

And for a change, "drunken Brits" do not seem to be being reported as the main antagonists!

Shame, really! 🤣🤣🤣 

• Thumbs Up 1

None of this would happen if Thailand didn't depend so much on tourism. If only they had an educated population that supported high technology industry... 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, sungod said:

In the UK we'd put up with them, welcome them with open arms and blame the locals for being racist when they dare complain about their antics.

Yes, wouldn't want to be seen as offending them!

16 minutes ago, Goat said:

Back in the 80's the biggest numbers of tourists came from Australia and got along well with the Thais and it was a good vibe.

It was beautiful.

As POTY i have been asking the Brits and Russians to start showing a bit more respect to their hosts. But it has fallen on deaf ears and and endless excuses for their what is almost daily negative news reports. If it isnt one, it is the other or both.

Looking in the right hand column i see a drunken Brit has smashed into two young Thai women on the way to prayers at the temple. How ugly.

I will probably be labelled a "racist" for saying it, but it is what it is.

Unfortunately they have ruined it for us now.

I don't think you worry about being called racist, as most of your threads are obvious digs at British folk........😂

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Yep, a bad element of Russians is certainly messing it up for everyone else.

Certainly logical. You increase the number of Visa Exempt coming in and the numbers go up across the board ... spending? Yes but also the nare do wells.

3 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

How about cracking down on all criminals... Is that really too much to ask... Nevermind 😂

Well, yes is, take your own country for instance...........😋

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I've mentioned this before, and I guess it hasn't sunk in. Every time you downgrade foreigners, even in jest, it makes all of us look bad, although most of us aren't, abide by the laws, treat their women well, and spend a lot of money here. You're an expat I believe, and your comments are ignorant. Thais read this forum, and when a farang trashes another farang, they think, "see, even farangs think farangs are no good". Think!

I "think" that maybe the type of Thais that are educated enough to read this forum realise that NOBODY wants the type of farang that the post is about, and I "think" it is quite wrong to assume that all Thais think the same way as you intimate in your final sentence.

• Sad 1

Never agreed with anything this Pineapple  ever said until now.

Face facts Mr. farnung. Unless one holds PR or Thai citizenship you are a permanent short-term visitor.

Every proplem and hassle that has been increasing over the years is partly the fault of these foreign crims

scroungers, and  scofflaws. Heavy fines then Thai Jail  and then deport.  "persona non grata"

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Captain Monday said:

Never agreed with anything this Pineapple  ever said until now.

Face facts Mr. farnung. Unless one holds PR or Thai citizenship you are a permanent short-term visitor.

Every proplem and hassle that has been increasing over the years is partly the fault of these foreign crims

scroungers, and  scofflaws. Heavy fines then Thai Jail  and then deport.  "persona non grata"

How do you think the foreign criminals got a foothold.....?

I think I know the answer but will not write it, how about you.........🤭

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

I wouldn't want to put a foot wrong in Phuket if I was living there.  The officials are likely to be on a war path. 

You daren't even look at some strangely  for fear of upsetting them.  Walking on eggshells comes to mind. 

However if you are a law abiding individual it 'shouldn't' be a problem.   Time will tell 

Are you afraid of your shadow???

20+ years here, not a problem on the island 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The senior government minister calls for a decisive crackdown on lawbreaking expats and tourists

Great idea, especially the ones who drink when they are not supposed to, use the services of bar girls, use ATMs to bypass the banking system, drive too fast, moan about everything, work the visa system, wear bad fashion, and sport tangas way beyond the 25yr old age ceiling

Leave the country to the single foreigner left after the purge.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I already went through that nearly a year ago - but that was after officers were removed for being 'overly helpful' to Chinese and were among 115 officers dismissed. The new boss wanted to do everything by the book and beyond, and despite being married over 30 years I (or rather my wife) was interviewed, and we had a house visit despite having had many marriage extensions before. Later this month might be more of the same. And that's in Kalasin, far far away from Phuket. We can all look forward to being tarred with the same brush.

A house visit is now an annual occurrence in Samui in order to obtain a visa extension by way of marriage to a Thai national.

What sticks in my craw is having to repeat the same "performances" year after  year, even when nothing has changed. 

For instance, why should I need to produce photocopies of EVERY page from my passport EVERY year? Why do I need to give Immigration a copy of my Marriage Certificate EVERY year? (It's not possible that the date that we got married is going to change!)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, hithere said:

Are you afraid of your shadow???

20+ years here, not a problem on the island 

Having served in Somalia and worked in Iraq and Afghanistan,  what do you think? 

Having previously lived in Chiang Mai for 7 years,  I too do not worry.  But if I was in Phuket I'd be somewhat concerned with all the negative press. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He said it was time to stop being considerate

Just enforce the laws ie Pay or Pray........ If the offense is super bad then make an example of them job done.

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

They don't actually need a photocopy of every page of your passport. I've never needed to do that over many years. They just make it up. In the real world you inform when something has changed. In Thailand they do things backwards and you have to inform that nothing has changed. If I ask my wife why these pointless things exist, not only at immigration, the reply is always 'It's the rule." Questioning the rule doesn't occur. What's the point anyway. If they want to waste their time and ours, we can't do anything about it. They say jump, we jump. Pathetic.

Totally agree with what you say - they ask for all these pointless bits of paper "because they can" - a bit like Bangkok Air charging such extortionate prices for flights to Samui!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, sambum said:

Totally agree with what you say - they ask for all these pointless bits of paper "because they can" - a bit like Bangkok Air charging such extortionate prices for flights to Samui!

Well, the Samui thing is different. People have a choice to fly or not, and clearly they do otherwise prices would be lower to attract custom. If people are willing to pay what they charge, they charge it. It's called good business practise. Price what the market allows.

42 minutes ago, Purdey said:

None of this would happen if Thailand didn't depend so much on tourism. If only they had an educated population that supported high technology industry... 

That's a common misunderstanding.. In reality the manufacturing sector (much of it high tech) is the largest in the Thai economy (35%). The service sector, which tourism is merely a part of, is the second largest (25%). Then follows commerce (18%), real estate(14%), agriculture (9%).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

how about getting tough on everyone who breaks the law

this idiot can't seem to grasp that foreigners are what this country needs - now more so that ever

sack this belligerent # before he does more damage

I honestly can't figure out how they don't realise that like it or not, we (filthy foreigners) make up 30% of GDP, might be a bit less recently, what is wrong with this idiot, is he so rich he doesn't give a #, well that is probaby 100% correct 

Well it's because the comparison with local people who don't do anything wrong or molest minus or steel or anything at all it's all done from these dirty foreigners

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

That's a common misunderstanding.. In reality the manufacturing sector (much of it high tech) is the largest in the Thai economy (35%). The service sector, which tourism is merely a part of, is the second largest (25%). Then follows commerce (18%), real estate(14%), agriculture (9%).

Thanks for pointing that out. I was actually talking about high tech industry only not manufacturing in general, which involves a lot of low educated labor.

I know Thailand produces computer parts but which Thai computer brands are there? Where is the Thai Samsung or Acer? 

Edited by Purdey
  • Thumbs Up 1