Anutin urges Phuket officials to get tough with foreign offenders

webfact

After the Covid debacle that foreigners brought Covid into the country, now again the foreigners are a target for this man.. With his stupidity he forgets that Thailand needs tourists, although of course it is not so that tourists can do as they please, but  many do and see here in Thailand as the proverb says Do in Rome as the Romans do, but in THailand you are doomed...Again Anutin is making a statement that foreigners are not happy with.. It will cost tourist,

• Agree 2

Just now, fredwiggy said:

Obviously you don't get it.

Ah.....I would argue otherwise but.................................................! 🤪 Send me the instruction booklet Freddy! 🤣

1 minute ago, fredwiggy said:

Obviously you don't get it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 1sickpuppy said:

Does not apply in Australia, when i used to ride home from work on my old hog, i could see police on side of Hwy, im doing speed limit or under, cars flying by me but they pull me over, i ask them why and they call me smart arse, Victorias finest Dip<deleted>s, at least in Thailand the police are fair and treat you like a human being

Your whataboutisms weren't helpful. That would happen in Thailand as well as in Vic.

I can't comment on why they singled you out as I wasn't there, but have you considered that there might have been other reasons not related to speed? Noise from your "old hog" perhaps? I think you know, but haven't told the whole story as yet. :ermm:

In fairness, this whole forum is full of whataboutisms. Content would drop by about 90% if we didn't have something to whinge about.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, AverageAussie said:

No idea what to make of that word salad. What is a "non-crime"? Are you expecting a disability or mature-age to be an excuse for racist behaviour? What preceded the so-called "melt down"?

UK. It seems that it is something that is not illegal under any law but the Police decide to have a word with you because he felt it was wrong. Generally applies to people saying something that might hurt the feelings of minorities. Meanwhile if your house is burgled they are too busy to follow up on it.

Edited by mokwit
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

I've lived in Phuket for 20 years, I do what I do legally as I'm a law abiding person and do not want to be thrown out of the country but since the Government has approved free 90 day visas for the Russians I see the crime rate has escalated even just reading this post just 2 days ago Russians lieing about paying for food and trying to do a runner,, these people have no shame they are not abiding by the laws and need to be removed permanently. 

I have to keep 800k in the bank to stay here if these people want to come here for 3 months then they should have to bring 200k with them so they don't need to work and cause trouble. 

I believe you are absolutely correct but that would mean certain ministers would have to admit they were wrong and that aint gunna happen!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mokwit said:

UK. It seems that it is something that is not illegal under any law but the Police decide to have a word with you because he felt it was wrong. Generally applies to people saying something that might hurt the feelings of minorities. Meanwhile if your house is burgled they are too busy to follow up on it.

Thanks for that clarification.

It's probably a better approach to the issue than police laying formal charges - and clogging up the courts. This way the perpetrator is put on notice and there is a record of the conversation and/or warning - in case the behaviour is repeated.

Your last sentence however is a non sequitur.

• Agree 1

The first time I agree with this <deleted>, I say beat them to within an inch of their lives then put them on a plane with a lifetime ban! Making it hard for those of us who know how to behave themselves. 

27 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Then they tell others, who tell others, who might have connections to officials.

Do you think they are looking for 2baht??? 🤔

• Haha 1

I've seen him on TV. It's called interference!

Without a doubt there are some right plonkers amongst the tourist/expat community in Phuket.

Given Anutins umh, known proclivities, putting him in charge of them appears a match made in heaven!

Hey, here's an idea! Instead of announcing a crackdown on "FARANG", which will not play well in the international press nor will it encourage tourism, why not announce a crackdown  on ALL people who are misbehaving ....

farang and Thai.  Why does the good minister always feel compelled to single out farang for his harangs?  Thailand is a contradiction at times. It is known as the land of smiles and they want tourism 

yet the country is xenophobic and insular and they seem to not want foreigners here but they DO want the money.  Am I the only one who feels like Farang ATM at times? 

• Agree 1

Anutin really doesn't care for farangs does he? Usually the policy makers don't express their hatred of people who help the economy. He's a liability in government.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Think for awhile how many trash foreigners here. Thais read this forum. Then they tell others, who tell others, who might have connections to officials. They themselves see that farangs trash each other, so they must all be no good. I'm surprised this is getting by someone who's most likely at least in their 50's.

It's bad enough they have someone like this who is prejudiced against foreigners, and doesn't realize the foreigners he hates, who live and visit here, have thousands of friends and relatives who might be thinking about visiting here, AND spending tourist money, that they will now slowly be losing. The more word is spread around how we are treated here, the more they lose, and the more Thais are targeted in those countries.

Paranoia it strikes deep

Into your heart it's gonna creep!

Chill Freddy!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Thais read this forum, and when a farang trashes another farang, they think, "see, even farangs think farangs are no good". Think!

Of course they do fred sooo many Thais read this, ........... :coffee1:

2 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Yep, a bad element of Russians is certainly messing it up for everyone else.

BS, all westerners, especially those from the English speaking countries.  Quit pointing fingers at others.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Paranoia it strikes deep

Into your heart it's gonna creep!

Chill Freddy!

I'm not paranoid. I see things as they are. I abide by the laws, treated my ex right, and also my girlfriend now, and spend most of my money here, so they should be glad I and others like me are here. Talk is damaging, sometimes more than actions, and your, and others,  continuous trashing of farangs isn't falling on deaf ears. This is a public forum, and only a moron would laugh at what you say, because it affects all of us. They have a hard enough time knowing what to do with farangs that break the laws, but letting that anger pass to the innocents is wrong. Every time someone trashes a Russian, Brit, American, Aussie or whatever, it looks bad for all of us. They don't separate one from another, besides the Chinese who are their buddies because of money. What they don't realize is they are shooting themselves in the foot by concentrating on foreigners when most of the crime is by locals.

• Thumbs Up 1