Anutin urges Phuket officials to get tough with foreign offenders

webfact

25 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

The first time I agree with this <deleted>, I say beat them to within an inch of their lives then put them on a plane with a lifetime ban! Making it hard for those of us who know how to behave themselves. 

Quite right. Start off with that toss bag who was joy riding on Kamala beach in his car. Oh wait, turned out he was Thai. 1k baht fine will do.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, steevjee said:

Easy, corrupt cops rule in Thailand and they're the crims best friend, as long as the RTP palms are getting greased.

Ever hear of the country, the United States.  They're more corrupt than Thailand on steroids.
You really don't want to go there.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny to read all the triggered comments about 'only' foreigners being targeted and punished, whilst in the Thai media, (Phuket) locals are complaining that foreigners are getting away with crimes and misdemeanours that Thai people would never get away with.. Who is right? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I (or rather my wife) was interviewed, and we had a house visit despite having had many marriage extensions before. Later this month might be more of the same. And that's in Kalasin, 

That has always been the same for me in Trat Every Year for a decade, wife AND witness interviewed (have to take witness on day of applying) same on home visit, so it's nothing new to me.

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I'm not paranoid. I see things as they are. I abide by the laws, treated my ex right, and also my girlfriend now, and spend most of my money here, so they should be glad I and others like me are here. Talk is damaging, sometimes more than actions, and your, and others,  continuous trashing of farangs isn't falling on deaf ears. This is a public forum, and only a moron would laugh at what you say, because it affects all of us. They have a hard enough time knowing what to do with farangs that break the laws, but letting that anger pass to the innocents is wrong. Every time someone trashes a Russian, Brit, American, Aussie or whatever, it looks bad for all of us. They don't separate one from another, besides the Chinese who are their buddies because of money. What they don't realize is they are shooting themselves in the foot by concentrating on foreigners when most of the crime is by locals.

Fred, I really don't want your life story, just settle down and relax! Do you have high blood pressure???

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, smedly said:

how about getting tough on everyone who breaks the law

this idiot can't seem to grasp that foreigners are what this country needs - now more so that ever

sack this belligerent # before he does more damage

I honestly can't figure out how they don't realise that like it or not, we (filthy foreigners) make up 30% of GDP, might be a bit less recently, what is wrong with this idiot, is he so rich he doesn't give a #, well that is probaby 100% correct 

That age old perception of self importance, probably a left over from the colonial days.

Covid brought home to many countries the risks associated with a dependence on tourism. Thailand like many other countries is now trying to increase GDP revenue in other areas to reduce that reliance on foreigners.

After all they don't need the problems they cause, certainly not "now more so that ever".

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Shetraveler said:

Ever hear of the country, the United States.  They're more corrupt than Thailand on steroids.
You really don't want to go there.

Corruption here far outweighs that in the US. Many cops in the US are power hungry narcissists that shouldn't be in their positions, just like all over, but corruption there is punished by internal affairs, because it gives police a bad name. Here they seem to not care, because even high ranking officials are involved, as we've seen for many years. Human trafficking gets away with it because officials are paid to look the other way. This isn't happening in the states because if it was, they would be penalized with extreme prejudice.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Fred, I really don't want your life story, just settle down and relax! Do you have high blood pressure???

You still aren't getting it. How old are you? Do you just not understand that trashing foreigners and being one is ignorance, and it bleeds out into the local network. We are trying to stay here, and a lot of them don't want us, because of the actions of a few.  And my blood pressure is 115-54 so no.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Time for strict enforcement including visa revocation against anyone who harasses local people.

Harassing people is reserved for Thai tuk tuk drivers,  taxi drivers , immigration officers and Ladyboys 👍😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AverageAussie said:
2 hours ago, 1sickpuppy said:

Does not apply in Australia, when i used to ride home from work on my old hog, i could see police on side of Hwy, im doing speed limit or under, cars flying by me but they pull me over, i ask them why and they call me smart arse, Victorias finest Dip<deleted>s, at least in Thailand the police are fair and treat you like a human being

Your whataboutisms weren't helpful. That would happen in Thailand as well as in Vic.

I can't comment on why they singled you out as I wasn't there, but have you considered that there might have been other reasons not related to speed? Noise from your "old hog" perhaps? I think you know, but haven't told the whole story as yet. :ermm:

In fairness, this whole forum is full of whataboutisms. Content would drop by about 90% if we didn't have something to whinge about.

I think the main point is Australian Police are rude and aggressive from the start. Having a speed gun pointed at me through the window, on being stopped, with the comment " 'allo Dick head" sounds funny now but when you have been used to polite police as here and the UK, I understand his point. Aggression leads to Aggression. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 2baht said:
50 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

are targeted in those countries.

Paranoia it strikes deep

Into your heart it's gonna creep!

Chill Freddy!

While Freddy might be a little worked up, likely he is out in the real world and not behind a monitor & keyboard all day, not that you are ... right?!  BTW lots of steely looks on this trip and the comments, not loud but they are there. The downside of actually making the effort to speak Thai. You understand what is being said.  Hopefully the government has paved the way for whatever controls they want to implement now and will cool off the 'farang be evil' media show ... but maybe not. You never know. On AN likely a lot of the -expletive deleteds-will now claim it will be for the best; bad out good in. Sounds like water on the brain to me but it is what it is. You can't expect much from the mentally challenged or Bots. 

Cheers

7 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You still aren't getting it. How old are you? Do you just not understand that trashing foreigners and being one is ignorance, and it bleeds out into the local network. We are trying to stay here, and a lot of them don't want us, because of the actions of a few.  And my blood pressure is 115-54 so no.

I'm happy for you Fred, I will desist in making post that only seem to upset you, don't lose that warm sense of humor you have! :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I think the main point is Australian Police are rude and aggressive from the start. Having a speed gun pointed at me through the window, on being stopped, with the comment " 'allo Dick head" sounds funny now but when you have been used to polite police as here and the UK, I understand his point. Aggression leads to Aggression. 

Strange. Never happened to me.  :blink:

The only comments I seem to get are "blow into this bag, sir"

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In short, he expressed his annoyance at what he termed the insulting behaviour of foreigners on the holiday island.

I'm annoyed at the insulting and dangerous behavior of Thais every time I drive down the road, or try to walk down a sidewalk without being hit by a motorcycle, and God forbid I dare to use a Zebra crossing.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Dcheech said:

likely he is out in the real world and not behind a monitor & keyboard all day, not that you are

Yes, obviously he is not house bound with Stage 4, terminal cancer, my choices are few! :jap:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 2baht said:

I'm happy for you Fred, I will desist in making post that only seem to upset you, don't lose that warm sense of humor you have! :thumbsup:

Foreigners standing by foreigners only helps us. If a foreigner does wrong, no normal foreigner wants to see this because it makes us all look bad, to some narrow minded prejudiced types that only see us as a whole. The more we feed them, the more they think about it. I hate to see foreigners do anything wrong just for this reason.

Been a while since I came in for my dose of entertainment from reading the response here. Never fail to disappoint. Still the same old mistakes being made, just different people with egos bigger than their nuts. Unless you had set up a family office in Thailand, they don't give a hoot who you are and how much you had contributed. Stop thinking Thailand should and would welcome you because if you were in that category, you wouldn't feel so left out now. It's quite obvious most of you are passed your best in bank account size and age to contribute to what Thailand really want. If you want to know what kind of foreigner they want, look at the owner of Minor. That's the level you have to compare with. 

• Sad 1

The only problem with cracking down on farang is that the trash they deport will, the same way that garbage washes ashore, worm their way into Cambodia, to join the many expats here who cheerily tell you they are banned from Thailand.

54 minutes ago, AverageAussie said:

It's probably a better approach to the issue than police laying formal charges - and clogging up the courts. This way the perpetrator is put on notice and there is a record of the conversation and/or warning - in case the behaviour is repeated.

Your last sentence however is a non sequitur.

Agree in the UK they have 'community police' and that is their job to mediate at a local level, a bit like a Pu Yai Ban here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Foreigners standing by foreigners only helps us. If a foreigner does wrong, no normal foreigner wants to see this because it makes us all look bad, to some narrow minded prejudiced types that only see us as a whole. The more we feed them, the more they think about it. I hate to see foreigners do anything wrong just for this reason.

I agree Freddy, my posts are in jest, can't you see the humorous side??? 🙄 yes, I have to live here too! No! I don't like badly behaved foreigners and yes they do give us all a bad name but hey!!!!!!!!!!!! Always Look On The Bright Side Freddy! :thumbsup:

Although I acknowledge that Russians are often perceived as rude and may have weird drinking habits, it is evident that in recent instances, it has predominantly been older (comparatively) Western Europeans who have caused trouble. Many of them visit here with the intention of feeling like millionaires and playboys simultaneously. However, when they realize they are neither, their frustration and aggression start to show up. It is difficult to overlook definite sociopathic tendencies among this group of foreigners.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, AverageAussie said:

Strange. Never happened to me.  :blink:

The only comments I seem to get are "blow into this bag, sir"

In the UK you are called sir but I never experienced that in OZ.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Yes, obviously he is not house bound with Stage 4, terminal cancer, my choices are few

You know sympathy is in short supply these days. Just saying 

I thought going to the Thai beaches would be a good change a pace this hot season. Unfortunately "farang be evil" month happend. Should have just went to Indo islands or back home this year as I usually do. Won't make the same mistake bext year . 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Although I acknowledge that Russians are often perceived as rude and may have weird drinking habits, it is evident that in recent instances, it has predominantly been older (comparatively) Western Europeans who have caused trouble. Many of them visit here with the intention of feeling like millionaires and playboys simultaneously. However, when they realize they are neither, their frustration and aggression start to show up. It is difficult to overlook definite sociopathic tendencies among this group of foreigners.

Well, overseas Thailand is more known for what foreigners consider a lawless society (which it almost is), sex everywhere you look, and partying without consequences. Not saying I believe any of that is completely true, but that's the perception, and these types of people head for places like Pattaya, Phuket, seedier sides of Bangkok, etc.

My wife asked me before we met (that was back in the USA), if I had ever visited Pattaya, I told her I never visited Thailand, let alone Pattaya. She said if I had visited Pattaya, she probably would have never dated me, glad I answered correctly.....LOL

Edited by lordgrinz

3 hours ago, smedly said:

this idiot can't seem to grasp that foreigners are what this country needs - now more so that ever

Thailand needs Chinese triads and Russian mafias? That's at the root of the problem in Phuket and elsewhere. 

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

I've mentioned this before, and I guess it hasn't sunk in. Every time you downgrade foreigners, even in jest, it makes all of us look bad, although most of us aren't, abide by the laws, treat their women well, and spend a lot of money here. You're an expat I believe, and your comments are ignorant. Thais read this forum, and when a farang trashes another farang, they think, "see, even farangs think farangs are no good". Think!

Any Thais capable of comprehending this forum might be expected to recognize a degree of sarcasm. Actually. I find it degrading when a foreigner refers to other foreigners as "falang" , could at least use a capital "F" !😁