Trump's Promise of Pardons Offers Hope to Capitol Rioters' Families

Social Media

13 minutes ago, Emdog said:

You once more demonstrate a weak connection to reality. Republicans and the right always used to be hard core "law and order", support the police & FBI types. But if your wannabe fascist dictator sez "bite" you say "arf arf". None "seriously injured".. do you realise how insipid that sounds? Like it is okay to assault police officers when they are protecting federal buildings? Do you say the same for BLM protesters? They also caused $2.8 million in damage, including spreading <deleted> on the walls... you all in on that? from justice dept report ".. 284 defendants have been charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers or employees, including approximately 99 individuals who have been charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer." Get your facts right, and don't be so stupid as to assume this is a "left/right" thing: it is democracy v totalitarian: this is official website of US government link

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/24-months-january-6-attack-capitol

With the key word being "or", which you conveniently failed bold.  

Your link does not show that any officer was seriously injured during the "insurrection", yet I'm the one supposed to be out of touch with reality. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Trump's Promise of Pardons Offers Hope to Capitol Rioters' Families

He promised to cover his followers legal bills, and that didn't happen.  Go back to clips from the 2015/16 campaign, he makes this promise to the crowd if they beat up protestors.

He didn't pardon any of the traitors while he still had the capability in January 2021.

He has a very very poor (everyone is saying ☺️ ) track record of keeping his promises.  I think a lot of his supporters can see how he left those zealots out to dry, and though they will probably vote for him again I get the impression from the comments they make that they will not participate in a 1/6 type event, and I think this is why we haven't seen another such event since.  If there is, the crowd will have firearms and the LE/military will respond in kind and I'm reluctant to say where that will lead.  It's like the guy is asking for a second date and tells the gal "I won't c_m in your mouth this time.")  These people need to be de-programmed, like Moonies or other such cult victims.

On the other hand I heard there is some levity among the 1/6 prisoners (who have their own section of the jail): one of them quipped to the other inmates "which bunk is DT going to be assigned to?" 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

With the key word being "or", which you conveniently failed bold.  

Your link does not show that any officer was seriously injured during the "insurrection", yet I'm the one supposed to be out of touch with reality. 

you need remedial reading class.... copied this from longer report I posted: 99 were charge with using "... dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer." Get your facts right"

What part of "serious bodily injury " do you not understand?

Or? as in " charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers or employees, including approximately 99 individuals who have been charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer." There looks like two categories of "or" in first part: "charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers or employees..." which might be a lesser charge, like attempting to beat someone up. The part right after "using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer." Deadly means something that could kill you dead (far more serious than a bar fight)... same with  serious bodily injury... not simply getting a tooth knocked out, for comparison.

If I don't have your "or"s right, please explain what you mean and why those ors are crucial.

Also how you reason that "causing serious bodily injury" does not mean an officer was seriously injured?

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Emdog said:

you need remedial reading class.... copied this from longer report I posted: 99 were charge with using "... dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer." Get your facts right"

What part of "serious bodily injury " do you not understand?

Or? as in " charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers or employees, including approximately 99 individuals who have been charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer." There looks like two categories of "or" in first part: "charged with assaulting, resisting, or impeding officers or employees..." which might be a lesser charge, like attempting to beat someone up. The part right after "using a deadly or dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer." Deadly means something that could kill you dead (far more serious than a bar fight)... same with  serious bodily injury... not simply getting a tooth knocked out, for comparison.

If I don't have your "or"s right, please explain what you mean and why those ors are crucial.

Also how you reason that "causing serious bodily injury" does not mean an officer was seriously injured?

How many Capital Police were hospitalized the day of the riot?

That there were a bunch of government workers in the days following the riot taking paid vacations they could blame on Trump does not surprise me.  

Your claim is that: "99 were charge with using "... dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer."" 

That means to me is that it could be no one was injured, or that 99 people were injured. Does it mean something other than that to you? 

Also, being charged with, and being convicted of are two very different things. The state most always makes a strong charge in hopes of getting pleas to lessor charges. You know this, correct?

No one brought a firearm into the capital, so the "dangerous weapons" were broomsticks and whatnot. You know this as well, correct?

So, it reads to me like 99 morons were running around with broomsticks and whatnot, and that likely injured no one were "charged" with "using a dangerous weapon, or causing serious bodily injury", and likely ended up pleading guilty to trespassing or some-such.

Now I truly feel sorry for guys like you that were home clutching your pearls in front of the television, terrified that a crowd of morons with broomsticks and whatnot were going to overthrow the United States, but I feel much worse for the guys sitting in jail for no other reason than to promote a phony leftist narrative. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2024 at 2:47 AM, kwonitoy said:

January 6 Insurrection

image.jpeg.ab48e637ce430655844691e38747404b.jpegRepublican loyal to Trump claims ...ABC News Live: Graphic new video of ...

BLM protest 

image.jpeg.1356a4e150e70362939a8f80b807af73.jpeg

There, fixed that for you

How any sane person can view the thousands of hours of January 6 and say it was just folks sightseeing is absolutely ludacris

I dont know what country your from

but maybe you aren’t  familiar with many of my fellow countrymen’s contempt leading up to J6 protests.

many were acting out in response to the radical far lefts summer long rioting, blocking intersections , looting, murdering, burning buildings, hundreds of assaults on law enforcement  . Imop

They watched all summer long as the lefts foot soldiers committed mayhem in the streets of many citys,to many occurrences to mention . Heres Blm

and antifa takes ,during the infamous 

Summer of Love riots of2020.

IMG_2688.thumb.jpeg.5866b077a792a51ea384394acdd36189.jpeg

IMG_2689.thumb.jpeg.a18d8fcf51b7c1e81c91ef2cd7564300.jpeg

Heres Blm attacking a Chicago Columbus statue .The black umbrella people weren’t just protesting!

“Police said the PVC pipe used to hold the Black Lives Matters banners had been sharpened, was taken out and then used to jab at officers”.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-protest-grant-park-christopher-columbus-statue-lori-lightfoot/6325714/

IMG_2686.thumb.png.5b96fadec587627f43ae13539b89c130.png

IMG_2687.thumb.png.c9bccb2a6dc9b1dfc3d9dcbf94c3d8be.png

And who can forget the attack on the WH by militant far left !Accross

from the WH they set fire to the HISTORICAL St. John  Episcopal Church!

IMG_2694.thumb.jpeg.d80ace0842de51c572db62dc4c41e4dc.jpeg

IMG_2693.thumb.jpeg.0b7801d4831bbab344d454088970563c.jpeg

IMG_2692.thumb.jpeg.d23197edb61d666e1248985599c29f61.jpeg

Edited by riclag
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, riclag said:

I dont know what country your from

but maybe you aren’t  familiar with many of my fellow countrymen’s contempt leading up to J6 protests.

many were acting out in response to the radical far lefts summer long rioting, blocking intersections , looting, murdering, burning buildings, hundreds of assaults on law enforcement  . Imop

They watched all summer long as the lefts foot soldiers committed mayhem in the streets of many citys,to many occurrences to mention . Heres Blm

and antifa takes ,during the infamous 

Summer of Love riots of2020.

IMG_2688.thumb.jpeg.5866b077a792a51ea384394acdd36189.jpeg

IMG_2689.thumb.jpeg.a18d8fcf51b7c1e81c91ef2cd7564300.jpeg

Heres Blm attacking a Chicago Columbus statue .The black umbrella people weren’t just protesting!

“Police said the PVC pipe used to hold the Black Lives Matters banners had been sharpened, was taken out and then used to jab at officers”.

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-protest-grant-park-christopher-columbus-statue-lori-lightfoot/6325714/

IMG_2686.thumb.png.5b96fadec587627f43ae13539b89c130.png

IMG_2687.thumb.png.c9bccb2a6dc9b1dfc3d9dcbf94c3d8be.png

And who can forget the attack on the WH by militant far left !Accross

from the WH they set fire to the HISTORICAL St. John  Episcopal Church!

IMG_2694.thumb.jpeg.d80ace0842de51c572db62dc4c41e4dc.jpeg

IMG_2693.thumb.jpeg.0b7801d4831bbab344d454088970563c.jpeg

IMG_2692.thumb.jpeg.d23197edb61d666e1248985599c29f61.jpeg

Baseless claim.

It's Trump who sent them to march to the Capitol, not the BLM.

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Of course 

So it's not Trump who called them to a protest called "Stop the steal" and asked them to march to the Capitol?

Was the protest called "Stop the BLM"?

Another example of MAGA claim's complete incoherence! 😀

Edited by candide
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

How many Capital Police were hospitalized the day of the riot?

That there were a bunch of government workers in the days following the riot taking paid vacations they could blame on Trump does not surprise me.  

Your claim is that: "99 were charge with using "... dangerous weapon or causing serious bodily injury to an officer."" 

That means to me is that it could be no one was injured, or that 99 people were injured. Does it mean something other than that to you? 

Also, being charged with, and being convicted of are two very different things. The state most always makes a strong charge in hopes of getting pleas to lessor charges. You know this, correct?

No one brought a firearm into the capital, so the "dangerous weapons" were broomsticks and whatnot. You know this as well, correct?

So, it reads to me like 99 morons were running around with broomsticks and whatnot, and that likely injured no one were "charged" with "using a dangerous weapon, or causing serious bodily injury", and likely ended up pleading guilty to trespassing or some-such.

Now I truly feel sorry for guys like you that were home clutching your pearls in front of the television, terrified that a crowd of morons with broomsticks and whatnot were going to overthrow the United States, but I feel much worse for the guys sitting in jail for no other reason than to promote a phony leftist narrative. 

If your idea of broomsticks had any validity, the morons that invaded the capitol could have easily beat the charges. They also had gallows to hang the vice president, but hey, that's just some wood and rope.... and they did chant "Hang Mike Pence" and Trump encouraged them.

But back to simple basics: they had absolutely no right to interfere with the Constitutionally mandated provisions for election of president. Tens of millions of people voted. Some for Trump, more for Biden & Biden had more electoral votes, FULL STOP. Those morons who tried to stop the count did not pick that day at random. Their intent was to negate ALL of our votes: those who voted for either Trump or Biden. Insipid to say it is some "phony leftist narrative": "ah heck, they was just funnin'.... they weren't there to kill Pence, Pelosi, et al... they jus wanted to be heard".

here are some facts about weapons, but even if unarmed they had no right to interfere with Congress doing it's duty

"US Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell told Kinzinger that “(c)ommon things were used as weapons, like a baseball bat, a hockey stick, a rebar, a flagpole – including the American flag – pepper spray, bear spray.”The rioters “had all these items,” Gonell said, “used to attack us. Those are weapons.”

As CNN has reported, rioters also used knives, stolen police shields, a stun gun, fire extinguisher and more. Hand-to-hand combat led to more than a dozen officers being sent to the hospital, some of whom had bone fractures and concussions."

"

According to police testimony, Christopher Alberts was arrested leaving the Capitol grounds on January 6 while trying to flee from officers after they suspected he was carrying a firearm on his hip. Alberts was carrying a loaded pistol and 25 rounds of ammunition, according to court documents.

Guy Reffitt has been charged with illegally bringing a handgun on Capitol grounds on January 6. Reffitt allegedly told family members he “brought his gun with him” in the Capitol attack.

Mark Ibrahim, who at the time was an off-duty special agent for the Drug Enforcement Administration, has been charged with bringing his service weapon on Capitol grounds during the insurrection as well as lying to the FBI about why he was at the Capitol.

Another individual, Cleveland Meredith Jr., is accused of possessing a pistol and rifle without “a registration for any firearm in Washington, DC,” which were recovered by the FBI a day after the insurrection. According to an officer statement, the individual arrived too late for the Capitol riot and talked about killing Pelosi in a text conversation." https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/28/politics/armed-insurrection-january-6-guns-fact-check/index.html

"Jerod Thomas Bargar, 37, of Centralia, MO., was sentenced to five years probation, six months of home confinement, and ordered to pay a $4,000 fine by U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton. Bargar pleaded guilty to one felony count of entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon, a felony, on June 8, 2023.

According to court documents, Bargar traveled to Washington, D.C., by car with a friend to participate in the "Stop the Steal" rally planned by former President Donald Trump for January 6, 2021. After the rally, Bargar and his friend walked to the U.S. Capitol building, entered onto the restricted Capitol grounds, and participated in the ongoing riot." https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/missouri-man-sentenced-felony-weapons-charge-actions-during-jan-6-capitol-breach

much more broad report, if you need more https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN29J2V8/

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Emdog said:

If your idea of broomsticks had any validity, the morons that invaded the capitol could have easily beat the charges. They also had gallows to hang the vice president, but hey, that's just some wood and rope.... and they did chant "Hang Mike Pence" and Trump encouraged them.

But back to simple basics: they had absolutely no right to interfere with the Constitutionally mandated provisions for election of president. Tens of millions of people voted. Some for Trump, more for Biden & Biden had more electoral votes, FULL STOP. Those morons who tried to stop the count did not pick that day at random. Their intent was to negate ALL of our votes: those who voted for either Trump or Biden. Insipid to say it is some "phony leftist narrative": "ah heck, they was just funnin'.... they weren't there to kill Pence, Pelosi, et al... they jus wanted to be heard".

here are some facts about weapons, but even if unarmed they had no right to interfere with Congress doing it's duty

"US Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell told Kinzinger that “(c)ommon things were used as weapons, like a baseball bat, a hockey stick, a rebar, a flagpole – including the American flag – pepper spray, bear spray.”The rioters “had all these items,” Gonell said, “used to attack us. Those are weapons.”

As CNN has reported, rioters also used knives, stolen police shields, a stun gun, fire extinguisher and more. Hand-to-hand combat led to more than a dozen officers being sent to the hospital, some of whom had bone fractures and concussions."

"

According to police testimony, Christopher Alberts was arrested leaving the Capitol grounds on January 6 while trying to flee from officers after they suspected he was carrying a firearm on his hip. Alberts was carrying a loaded pistol and 25 rounds of ammunition, according to court documents.

Guy Reffitt has been charged with illegally bringing a handgun on Capitol grounds on January 6. Reffitt allegedly told family members he “brought his gun with him” in the Capitol attack.

Mark Ibrahim, who at the time was an off-duty special agent for the Drug Enforcement Administration, has been charged with bringing his service weapon on Capitol grounds during the insurrection as well as lying to the FBI about why he was at the Capitol.

Another individual, Cleveland Meredith Jr., is accused of possessing a pistol and rifle without “a registration for any firearm in Washington, DC,” which were recovered by the FBI a day after the insurrection. According to an officer statement, the individual arrived too late for the Capitol riot and talked about killing Pelosi in a text conversation." https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/28/politics/armed-insurrection-january-6-guns-fact-check/index.html

"Jerod Thomas Bargar, 37, of Centralia, MO., was sentenced to five years probation, six months of home confinement, and ordered to pay a $4,000 fine by U.S. District Court Judge Reggie Walton. Bargar pleaded guilty to one felony count of entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon, a felony, on June 8, 2023.

According to court documents, Bargar traveled to Washington, D.C., by car with a friend to participate in the "Stop the Steal" rally planned by former President Donald Trump for January 6, 2021. After the rally, Bargar and his friend walked to the U.S. Capitol building, entered onto the restricted Capitol grounds, and participated in the ongoing riot." https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/missouri-man-sentenced-felony-weapons-charge-actions-during-jan-6-capitol-breach

much more broad report, if you need more https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN29J2V8/

So, none of the Capital Police were hospitalized the day of the riot, thanks. 

You're hilarious. Keep clutching those pearls, Biden will save you!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, LosLobo said:

I know!

No one brought firearms into the Capital, and your article does not say otherwise. 

Now you'll you might make some boneheaded comment like "Washington is the Capital" or whatnot, but that's not what we were talking about. 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I know!

No one brought firearms into the Capital, and your article does not say otherwise. 

Now you'll you might make some boneheaded comment like "Washington is the Capital" or whatnot, but that's not what we were talking about. 

If you were talking about the Capitol why didn't you say so?

Try this then....

Christopher Alberts....'a Jan. 6 defendant admitted on the stand Monday that he was armed with a gun when he charged toward a police line at the Capitol'.

John E. Banuelos....'a Chicago-area man has been arrested on charges accusing him of firing a pistol into the air twice amid the crowd on the Capitol’s west plaza on Jan. 6, 2021,

You are obviously projecting when you talk about others making bonehead comments.

'Accuse others of what you are guilty of' attributed to Josef Goebbels, comes to mind.

Seems some here are wannabee purveyors of propaganda for a wannabee Hitler.

John Banuelos charged with firing gun in Jan. 6 Capitol riot - The Washington Post (archive.md)

Jan. 6 defendant admits he had a gun when he stormed the Capitol (nbcnews.com)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

If you were talking about the Capitol why didn't you say so?

Try this then....

Christopher Alberts....'a Jan. 6 defendant admitted on the stand Monday that he was armed with a gun when he charged toward a police line at the Capitol'.

John E. Banuelos....'a Chicago-area man has been arrested on charges accusing him of firing a pistol into the air twice amid the crowd on the Capitol’s west plaza on Jan. 6, 2021,

You are obviously projecting when you talk about others making bonehead comments.

'Accuse others of what you are guilty of' attributed to Josef Goebbels, comes to mind.

Seems some here are wannabee purveyors of propaganda for a wannabee Hitler.

John Banuelos charged with firing gun in Jan. 6 Capitol riot - The Washington Post (archive.md)

Jan. 6 defendant admits he had a gun when he stormed the Capitol (nbcnews.com)

Yeah, when I said no firearms were taken into the Capital, I meant no firearms were taken into the Capital, and as you have again confirmed, no firearms were taken into the Capital. Thanks for reconfirming.  

Edited by Yellowtail
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, when I said no firearms were taken into the Capital, I meant no firearms were taken into the Capital, and as you have again confirmed, no firearms were taken into the Capital. Thanks for reconfirming.  

Is English your first language?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Is English your first language?

Why, are you having difficulty following along?

I've said over and over that no firearms were taken into the Capital, and everything you have posted supports my claim. 

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Emdog said:

You think it is fine to invade, take over, block government from doing it's Constitutional duty if no one goes to the hospital? Really?

No, I never said it was okay, but neither do I think it's okay to make up a lot of stuff and pretend it was something other than what it was. No one brought firearms into the Captial January 6th, and none of the Capital Police were seriously injured such that were hospitalized on January 6th. 

32 minutes ago, Emdog said:

Old Sufi saying "The best answer to a fool is silence" and that is what you will be getting from me. Can't fix stupid

So now, because you're unwilling to have an honest discussion, you call me stupid and run away. 

Go with God lefty. 

• Confused 1

Some Jan. 6 rioters win early release, even before key Supreme Court ruling
The Supreme Court’s pending review of a key federal charge levied against Jan. 6 defendants — and Donald Trump — is already triggering early releases of some high-profile defendants

Updated April 9, 2024 at 9:38 p.m. EDT|

Federal judges have begun ordering the early release pending appeal of Jan. 6 defendants who challenged their sentences even though the Supreme Court is a week away from hearing arguments on whether a key charge brought against them is legally sound.

Julie Rose O’Sullivan, a Georgetown law professor and expert on white-collar criminal law, said it was a potentially bad sign for prosecutors that the Supreme Court took the case when there is such strong support for the law at lower levels, including two split opinions upholding the government’s use of the statute in Jan. 6 cases by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/04/10/jan-6-rioters-released-supreme-court/

On 4/5/2024 at 8:59 PM, riclag said:

“Like many reasonable Americans, I am concerned about the possibility that political objectives motivated the vigor of the prosecution of the J6 defendants, their long sentences, and their harsh treatment,” he said. “That would fit a disturbing pattern of the weaponization of government agencies — the DOJ, the IRS, the SEC, the FBI, etc. — against political opponents.”

RFK Jr. vows to appoint special counsel to look into Capitol riot cases against Trump, supporters

https://nypost.com/2024/04/05/us-news/rfk-jr-vows-to-appoint-special-counsel-to-look-into-capitol-riot-cases-against-trump-supporters/

Rfk jr comment about the Dems attempt to divide America  and the weaponization of agencies regarding J6. 
 Trump has mentioned before to treat the protesters on a case by case scale.

TDS is a sickness 

imop

yes trump deranged syndrome is indeed a sickness that has infected an entire cult of maga morons...trump is the poster boy for derangement....

• Thumbs Up 1