Thailand and China join forces for lunar and space research

webfact

19 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Yes and No, the criminals weren't imported, at that time the UK couldn't see much use for the country other than a place of incarceration, forcing them on the Australian colony.

Following WW2 an independent Australian government looked to increase the population through an assisted passage arrangement.

"Imported" "forcing them on the Australian colony" 

Same, same but different!

21 hours ago, Nickcage49 said:

Thailand going to space. There's so much comedy there. They need a space program like they need subs and warplanes.

Big boys' toys!

A post using Chinese language and links to Chinese sites contravening our Forum Rules has been removed:

3. English is the only permitted language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language forum, where using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translations of technical terms are permitted in specialty forums. While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner that allows others to understand their posts. As an international forum we have members from many countries in the world, and English is not the first language of every poster.

On 4/6/2024 at 7:32 PM, VBer said:

My guess is Thailands role will be providing quality cannabis. Space research and exploration will be much more deep then. 

Growing Skunk under moonlight will be some politicians priority 

And the poor Thai people still suffering from COVID who need the money?

The bar girls having to work to pay for their families?

The health service?

I could go on but the Chinese are slowly and surely taking over the  LOS,  maybe just change the logo to CLOS!

On 4/6/2024 at 9:48 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

wait until China  decides it owns the whole galaxy

They would love that. It’s not about putting ‘humans’ up there or the betterment of mankind, it is ALL ABOUT CHINA. Easy to mock the Thais, I get that, however there are some very clever blokes and firms in both nations, but I wish Thailand wouldn’t get dragged along by them. There’s always an ulterior motive. 

On 4/5/2024 at 8:43 PM, webfact said:

Thailand’s entitlement to utilise the satellite orbit at 50.5° East may be revoked following its expiration in 2025 due to its prolonged vacancy.

so the collab is really about China getting Thailand’s satellite rights before they get revoked. 

23 hours ago, sambum said:

"Foreigners in Thailand want as much as they can get for as little as possible,..."

Total bullpoo - Foreigners,especially tourists, want to pay a fair price for any services or amenities, but they don't expect to be charged 4 or 5 times the amount that Thais pay - especially for "Tourist Attractions"! 

"They have no say..." Correct, but they can have an opinion!

"...and the Government has no interest". So why the constant emphasis on Tourism by the Government if they have "no interest"? Visa free entries which appears to be letting anybody and his dog into the country including Chinese Mafia types, and Russian draft dodgers, all in the interests of making BAHT for the country/Government. 

Good distraction, obviously context is not a strong point.

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So Thailand has a space program?

Since 1971, but nobody is interested until the topic arises, then the stupid and racist comments flow in abundance.

On 4/7/2024 at 9:55 AM, sandyf said:

Foreigners in Thailand want as much as they can get for as little as possible, they have no say and the government has no interest. 

The Thai space program started in 1971, remind us what was your "giant" focused on at that time, certainly not the well being of its own population, or any other.

People ought to remember the old adage on "sin" and "stones".

I'm not really clear what you are trying to communicate :

1) If you are saying my opinion doesn't matter to Thai government, that's already understood but I can have a viewpoint - correct ?

2) Not sure what you are talking about, my comment was aimed more at the "now" and piggy-backing others space programs (and other "fashionista" issues) whilst there undoubtedly more prosaic concerns and spending priorities for the average Thai citizen. If you are going back to the 70s to discuss "giants" and their space programs, then presumably you are referring to either Russia or US, anyway, not relevant.

3) I don't understand the link between this and my post. 

Anyway, my point remains, go and walk around the Bangkok slums or pretty much anywhere outside of Bangkok and come back and tell me it's a good use of Thai taxpayers' money. 

• Agree 2

19 hours ago, metisdead said:

A post using Chinese language and links to Chinese sites contravening our Forum Rules has been removed:

3. English is the only permitted language anywhere on ASEAN NOW, except within the Thai language forum, where using Thai is allowed. Short Thai translations of technical terms are permitted in specialty forums. While we make allowances for members who do not speak English as their first language, we expect everyone to make an effort to post in a manner that allows others to understand their posts. As an international forum we have members from many countries in the world, and English is not the first language of every poster.

Sorry about that!  I was responding to a poster who claimed Chinese headlines would not read the same.

I posted the actual headline with the English translation, plus a link to the source so that readers could check my work.

I didn't wanna just say "nuh-uh!"

Edited by NoDisplayName

16 hours ago, realfunster said:

Anyway, my point remains, go and walk around the Bangkok slums or pretty much anywhere outside of Bangkok and come back and tell me it's a good use of Thai taxpayers' money.

Your point highlights how those from so called advanced economies are deluded into thinking they make better use of tax payers money than Thailand.

Your way of thinking should mean free healthcare and zero poverty in the US, but then comes reality.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/6/2024 at 1:17 PM, Nickcage49 said:

Thailand going to space. There's so much comedy there. They need a space program like they need subs and warplanes.

How about declaring a medical emergency in the North and getting rid of the smoke?  Then, it's off to the moon, or Uranus.